Interesting news about the PS3 controller capabilities...

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Morpherex said:
Except for the fact that the dualshock is cheaply made. I could break the thing in half just from twisting it... And yea, I did that for no reason for the hell of it once when I got a anasin wireless version, imho superior. I then proceded to rip out the cord, lol.
Um.. if you say so. But I've had three of my original x-box controllers break on me (the left d-pad stops working), but I've still got all my PS2 controllers and they still work perfectly..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still have my PSX dual-shock controllers, and they work fine.

I swear to God, those things are indestructible.

Now, the N64 controller on the other hand, THAT was a POS.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A spare keyboard I have is older than me. With years of use. And it still works.

Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
I still have my PSX dual-shock controllers, and they work fine.

I swear to God, those things are indestructible.
I agree. PS controllers dont break expect if really try to break them. I could probably accidentally drop it from 5 stories high building and it would probably still work.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I agree the dualshock was a very soild little unit, though imo the GC control (while looking very silly) was the most comfortable controller I've ever used.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Diamond Princess said:
Where exactly, did you read this Pride ?
He does not bother with things so trivial as reading... clearly one of the Sony developers came into his prestigious workplace and demonstrated it firsthand.

Pride said:
I read this in a recent GameInformer, it was a response to a letter I believe.
If you're going to try and act like a smartass at least do a good job of it. --Pride

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kurt` said:
He does not bother with things so trivial as reading... clearly one of the Sony developers came into his prestigious workplace and demonstrated it firsthand.
Kurt, lay off the trolling. He did respond as to where he read this. Last friendly warning to stay on topic in this thread.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba said:
I also recall hearing about recharging the controller through USB's 2 milliamp connection, though I haven't heard anything new about the tilt. I did hear when they demonstrated warhawk, that the tilt was software limited to only a few degrees. I also heard that the motion sensing is no where near that of the Wii in terms of freedom of movement. Further, the Wii points like a wand, or can be gripped like a weapon handle, I see the PS3's controller being quite limited in that respect, but I'm shure that a ported game will be possible.

i can back pride up on this one, i got the magazine that confirms everything he said not but 10 feet away from me.

i dont remember the exact wording, i really only purchased the magazine for the demo disc inside it, but they bascially said that it could pick up movements in any direction, and specifily stated that it was just as capable as the wii-mote as far as motion sensing goes.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even if the controller were super motion sensitive it can't compete with the nunchuck and wand controller for the purposes of interactivity. It's an extra perk sure, and I hope to see games that use it, but I can't justify comparing it to Nintendo's controller. Sony isn't going for innovative anyway, they're just trying to improve on what they had before and throw in a couple of new features, which is fine by me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I see it more as a cumulative "best of all worlds" type of deal, personally.

Though the Wii has it's advantages. In the same magazine there is a photo of someone playing Call of Duty 3 on the Wii, holding the remote and the nunchuck with the wire stretched out like it's actually a rifle.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
I see it more as a cumulative "best of all worlds" type of deal, personally.

Though the Wii has it's advantages. In the same magazine there is a photo of someone playing Call of Duty 3 on the Wii, holding the remote and the nunchuck with the wire stretched out like it's actually a rifle.
meh you never know that could just be really ghey advertising like most companies do.

however if not then that's pretty awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom