intentional?

Best answers
Im not whining about this because someone kicked my ass, but i have noticed something happening that hasn't ever occured before. I decided to ask the server I was in when {ape}gohan(is that spelled right?) did it to me. I know he is very good, but I like to think myself good, and it had happened before multiple times. When I asked, I was greeted "by shut up noob!" and "read the ****ing manual" and constant derogatory statements by the populace of the server, refusing to answer my simple question, so here it is.

Is it intented that if you block someones simple melee, they can hit you with advanced melee before the "stun" time(where you can't hit them) is over? I know that before advanced melee, such as 1.1, and even now, if you block someones simple melee, you have ample time to hit them with simple melee before they can hit you with simple melee, is advanced melee supposed to have that advantage?

I simply want to know if this is a move worth learning, or if it going to be corrected.

Best answers
to me advanced and simple seem to be very balanced
simple: tele melee (teleporting into another person while holding default right click)
advanced: the combos
there are more things i could put but i think i should only put the basics and to my knowledge this is how things are going to stay tho i cant say definately

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you mean he blocks you and then immediately melees you, that's not going to be "corrected," if you're faster with teleport you can get away from it most of the time. If you mean you block him and then he melees you again immediately after I'd imagine that's possible too, just teleport away after you block.

Best answers
No Sonic, I know that all too well, and am perfectly capable of tele'ing away after im blocked, or i block. I mean that I block his simple melee, he is unable to hit me with simple melee, but is able to hit me with advanced melee, not that he is just able to hit me.

I read the manual because it used to have the info on "stun" times when blocking, and I was going to use it as an example, but I could not find it.

My question is, did the developers forget to add in the "stun" time for advanced melee, or was it intentional?

Best answers
Yes, if you block someone's simple melee attack, and they immediately swoop at you again, they can trigger adv. melee. I've done it several times myself, and it frequently catches them offguard. I don't know if this is intended, but it really isn't that hard to learn, i did it by accident the first couple times.

Best answers
That's exactly what I am talking abot zarius. I have no problem with people doing it, it is hardly overpowering and im sure I will be able to do it before today is over. If anyone on the team is listening, is this an advantage of advanced melee? Or, did you not know about this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom