Intelligent Falling

Discord Member
Best answers
Err no offence

No offence to any religious people but as soon as I've read the sentence how do angels fly, or how did Jesus ascend, or even how did Satan fall...I closed the window

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Funny, I closed it when I saw the words "Evangelical Scientists".

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Onion appears to be too highbrow for some people.

Last edited:
ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
funny fact:
god does not exist. Theory disproved. End of story.

But seriously .. whoever of you guys actually believe that article, don't ever talk to me again.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know, I believe in God and all of those fancy things but

"Things fall not because they are acted upon by some gravitational force, but because a higher intelligence, 'God' if you will, is pushing them down,"
Wow. Just wow.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
<3 the onion :p I remember when that actually came out. I was still doing my undergrad biology work and I lol'd so damn hard.

Last edited:

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't mean to belittle religion or those who believe and have faith but.. "God is pushing us all against the earth." must a joke. "Scientists from the Evangelical Center For Faith-Based Reasoning" is just ludicrous in itself. They're now attempting to plant theories that require less understanding of what really is a cause for basic laws, in this case. Which is of course, what the opposite of what science does.

This is an attempted step back into "Thunder and lightning! The Gods must be angry!"

Also, regarding the image posted I thought something similar except with birds.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't mean to belittle religion or those who believe and have faith but.. "God is pushing us all against the earth." must a joke. "Scientists from the Evangelical Center For Faith-Based Reasoning" is just ludicrous in itself. They're now attempting to plant theories that require less understanding of what really is a cause for basic laws, in this case. Which is of course, what the opposite of what science does.

This is an attempted step back into "Thunder and lightning! The Gods must be angry!"

Also, regarding the image posted I thought something similar except with birds.
Faith....waning.....

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's funny. No one ever wants to question the theory of gravity. When someone finally does, he is labeled as a lunatic, as crazy.

However, is it really so crazy? Consider the facts.

A typical high school science textbook will attempt to tell the story that gravity is unquestionable truth, but most of these textbooks contain widely acknowledged factual errors that overstate the case for Isaac Newton's theory of Gravity. Many textbooks also omit empirical data contradicting aspects of Newton’s theory. Solid science education demands that these problems be addressed by allowing students to learn even more about Newton’s theory. Students should learn the scientific weaknesses of Newton's theory, not just its strengths. They should be taught alternative theory's, such as the just as valid theory of intelligent falling.

Peer-reviewed scientific literature documents many problems with textbook presentations of Newton’s theory. For instance, some textbook accounts of the famed Coors-Miller cause of gravity experiment mislead students by failing to acknowledge it was based upon inaccurate ideas about the earth's properties. Other textbooks falsely state that revised versions of the experiment produced results helpful to understanding the causes of gravity, when in fact these experiments are widely considered a dead-end by Newtonian researchers themselves.

And only now are many textbook publishers beginning to remove long discredited diagrams by 19th century German Darwinist Ernst Haeckel that purport to show proof of gravity. Such textbooks still make the same point that Haeckel’s fraudulent drawings were used to illustrate.

In addition, peer-reviewed scientific literature points to significant problems with various aspects of Newton’s theory. Yet, the science curriculum for many students is surprisingly silent about the scientific weaknesses of Newton’s theory. Many scientists, for example, are now beginning to question the theory as a cause of gravity has still yet to be found. They fail to see that the answer is sitting right in front of all of us. Intelligent falling. It provides explanations for the numerous faults in the mainstream gravity theory.

A growing numbers of scientists are critical of the contemporary theory of gravity. Over 300 scientists have signed a statement saying they’re “skeptical of claims regarding the properties of gravity” Most of these scientists insist that the intelligent falling theory is a much better alternative.

By denying students all the information we are limiting their education. Wouldn’t a more complete presentation of Newtonian gravity bolster science education and better prepare students for global competition? Perhaps the words of Newton himself provide our best guide: "A fair result can only be obtained by balancing the facts and arguments on both sides of each question."

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Intelligent falling (IF) is a parody of the "intelligent design" (ID) movement. IF is a pseudo-scientific supernatural explanation of the effects of gravity that has become a minor Internet phenomenon. It says free fall is being caused by "the hand of God", as depicted in Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel ceiling painting. While the current incarnation of IF has its roots in a satirical 2002 Usenet posting, religious explanations of gravity invoking the direct intervention of God span several hundred years, including some of Isaac Newton's own writings.

IF proposes that the scientific explanation of gravitational force cannot explain all aspects of the phenomenon, so credence should be given to the idea that things fall because a higher intelligence is moving them. Furthermore, IF asserts that theories explaining gravity are not internally consistent nor mathematically reconcilable with quantum mechanics, making gravity a "theory in crisis". IF also makes the claim that gravity is "only a theory", parodying the claims made by creationists regarding the theoretical status of evolution. Pretend IF apologists advocate that IF should be taught in school along with the theory of gravity so that students can make "an informed decision" on the subject in accordance with demands to "teach the controversy". IF has found common ground with the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, a similar critique of intelligent design, and the two are often combined when mentioned in discussions
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_falling

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom