intelgent coments about melee

Best answers
ok, i wont falme melee but the whole point of a forum is feedback right? well, im not just going to say its bad, im going to explain why people dont like it and offer suggestions.

First, why its bad

1) no ki cost, so its very easy to spam

2) if spamed you will eventually hit a wall

3) the stunning makes it easy to continue pumbling someone after hiting them

4) lock on

5) super fast

my sugestion on fixing it. replace this with 5 moves. one is a weak attack thats fast, the other slower but stronger, the third a grappling throw, the forth a choke hold type move and the fifth character specific (like dragon punch for goku or double ax handle for vegeta). all the attacks would have these basic properties

1)they only move you forward a short distence and only as fast as you can fly with turbo.

2) they can be charged as a secondary function for additional effect.

the melee strikes would all move the character back, for extra damage if they hit something, but require a "down time" between each attack. this prevents spaming. the choke hold would be maintianed through a strugle that would be harder and harder to maintain as you held it.

a 6'th move with no knock back that has no down time oculd be added.

note none of these have lock on.

also, enlarge the models, these things are tiny. if the models were larger and blasts were smaller it would signifigintly improve beam attacks (i hate killing myself).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uhhhhhh.........the model r tiny so they could make everything seem bigger!! If u want larger models, then u would have to go bak to really small maps!!

Best answers
)very good idea but this is my opionion, beta has been out 2 days, devs say that it would take time, most all of us who play fps play with guns, no? its diffrent. I luv melee personally and wouldn't want to see t changed. If u watch the show there not throwing beams every 3 seconds there meleeing, use judgement and watch ure enemies, u have to get use to it , this is not cstrike dont play like it. Of course its fast, do u want it alpha style, open ure eyes and look.

my two cents (i hope that ddint sound bitter :D

Best answers
I agree with SSJ3GOHAN. I don't think melee should be made worse. With everyone hovering in corners and firings beams the game would be lame. If swooping were shorter and/or slower you couldn't reach anyone if he keeps on blasting with generic beams at you.

Minor side note: Melee does cost ki. A lot. Even jumping costs ki...
And it's not like it would'nt require skill. There's a big difference between a melee n00b and a veteran.

Best answers
i dont really see how, just the ablity to keep your cursor aimed at the person. and here is one point you cant argue. there should not just be one way to win. now, you can not win without using melee. you'll get crushed. its way to fast, hard to doge, and easy to do. any stratigy just involves melee and thats it.

now very simple way to fix this. its called balancing. no move should be better than another. right now melee is basicly king. and you cant argue this. everyone whores it. most people use no other moves or only fires them rarely. ive had enough personaly. think about a game like mortal combat. tons of melee moves and a few special attacks. it required you to throw a number of combinations of attacks (im not saying use combos to attack before i get flamed, yet again "for making this like dmz"). im saying you shouldnt be able to just do one thing over and over again to win. the whole reason i got this mod was because i thought it was diffrent. all games now are just shoot, kill, repeat. they require no thought. someoen whos "skilled" is someone who can press the attack button first. i could sit a monkey donw on this comp and he could manage to pull of repeded melee attacks because thier so simple. and extreamy effective.

people like games that are hard, so make a game thats hard because it requires them to think. use plans. and attack with a number of diffrent moves. this is why games like pokeymon, Magic, and yugioh got popular, as with squad based games like operation flash point, they required you to think. if you put that element into the game then youd get a mod that pleased everyone.

Best answers
Originally posted by FallenAngel
I agree with SSJ3GOHAN. I don't think melee should be made worse. With everyone hovering in corners and firings beams the game would be lame. If swooping were shorter and/or slower you couldn't reach anyone if he keeps on blasting with generic beams at you.

Minor side note: Melee does cost ki. A lot. Even jumping costs ki...
And it's not like it would'nt require skill. There's a big difference between a melee n00b and a veteran.
just tried melee, was like 25 and 0, i think ill unistall the mod now... ok, melee dosent drain that much ki first off. and how is repedid swooping less lame then repeadid beams? either one a mentaly deficient monkey is capable of managing.

Best answers
Um, melee DOES take skill. Fight any of the testers and I'm sure you would be easily owned.

Best answers
Melee is NOT the main form of combat, i get plenty of kills with beams and melee(Beams getting the most kills). Melee is esy to dodge unless its from behind. You just have to use different ways of getting away, fly,turbo,drop down and run away,use your surroundings!

I haven't had any problems so far...

EDIT: Oh, I THINK I fought Akira today and I kicked his butt! With beams and melee!

Best answers
So much for "INTELLIGENT comments about melee". You'll get nowhere fast degrading ESF like you are...

Best answers
i say get ride of the targeting thingy (only have it if the person is miles and miles away and cant see them cause the computer wont show them that far away)

and give the melee its own attack icon (not the fist thingy)

i do want to be able to stand/fly while punching and kicking normaly. *what ever happened to basic kung fu*

just like the dmz has there hyper punch you guys can have it just as a attack (to select from)

ive already noticed i cant do crap because somone turns me into a punching bag AND not once during the battle was i able to hit him with any ki attacks (let alone have the time to power one up before he knocks me across the map)

i think melee is totaly *** (my own opinion sorry) but for everyones sake get ride of the targeting. or at least make it so no one can just keep doing that forever till they make a mistake...

i havent been able to have a single good fight with anyone without haveing to go flying across the map roll over and over lying on my back and the enemy standing next to me waiting for me to get up so he can kick me around some more..

besides how am i supposed to practice fighting when i cant do anything.

arrrrgggggg.

edit: or better yet just get ride of the super fast flying when about to do a melee and when he hits somone that person dosent go flying across the map.

god dam sensles knocking around

if you atlest get ride of the super fast flying before melee then maby i can at least get up knowing the enemy isnt waiting to knock me around some more cause hes still at the other end of the map if you know what i mean

Best answers
alright, i appologize, i am geting a bit rude. now then, lets try to turn this back into a civil discussion. first, to back up the points that i made ealier about melee being to easy.

1) its extreamly fast.

2) if your comp lags at all you wont see the bar come up in time

3) no charge up time

4) the targeting reticle

ok, thats what i think, if you keept it the same and say, dumb down the range a bit, it is MELEE after all, made it go no faster than you could naturaly, which would make sense wouldnt it, and mabye, if you want it to stun, make it so you have to charge it a bit. otherwise it is just like the stand there and pumble the guy kung fuu that makes up 99% of the dbz battles.

there, now what do you guys think of that?

*edit* also, as for why i think its too easy, after trying it once givin about 10 seconds to get used to it i started doing really good, and continued across games with, by my count, around 30 people. now all other games take me more time, say like a few days or even a week or two to get "good" (im no gaming guru what can i say) at it. also, you cant denie that everyeon does it, and if you guys try a few games without it your scroes will get notably worse. i dont dislike the move so much as that i dislike the fact that its, well, so potent. it really makes the game easier.

Best answers
Oh won't someone just think of the LAA a a gg gg ggggg lol the idea are decent. (But might make the game a bit to complex) anything over 3-4 buttons is complex and would be annoying in a free roaming 3d environment. Free roaming meaning you have many directions to travel in, not sure forward or backward up and down (like in tekken, soul caliber ect). Also if it moves too slowly while engaging in melee you wouldn't hit anything, there by making it somewhat pointless IMO.

Best answers
How 'bout an 'aware' key, or rather a 'sence' key. When depressed you'll get a warning of people tageting you within a certain radius depended upon your powerlevel. This will be a continuous strain KI of course.

Best answers
Originally posted by gradeejohn
i dont really see how, just the ablity to keep your cursor aimed at the person. and here is one point you cant argue. there should not just be one way to win. now, you can not win without using melee. you'll get crushed. its way to fast, hard to doge, and easy to do. any stratigy just involves melee and thats it.

now very simple way to fix this. its called balancing. no move should be better than another. right now melee is basicly king. and you cant argue this. everyone whores it. most people use no other moves or only fires them rarely. ive had enough personaly. think about a game like mortal combat. tons of melee moves and a few special attacks. it required you to throw a number of combinations of attacks (im not saying use combos to attack before i get flamed, yet again "for making this like dmz"). im saying you shouldnt be able to just do one thing over and over again to win. the whole reason i got this mod was because i thought it was diffrent. all games now are just shoot, kill, repeat. they require no thought. someoen whos "skilled" is someone who can press the attack button first. i could sit a monkey donw on this comp and he could manage to pull of repeded melee attacks because thier so simple. and extreamy effective.

people like games that are hard, so make a game thats hard because it requires them to think. use plans. and attack with a number of diffrent moves. this is why games like pokeymon, Magic, and yugioh got popular, as with squad based games like operation flash point, they required you to think. if you put that element into the game then youd get a mod that pleased everyone.
I disagree, if u r smart u can avoid melee thats why theres blocking. All u have to do is block , counter and blast. Every1 wants a challenge, ppl complain that melee is too hard, ure argument that it is too simple and repetitive, all games r like that, no matter how u see it. Use stragety, they tried to keep this mod closer to the show and have done a good job at it. All pc games required to point and click and its how fast u point and click that makes u win as in u get the first shot in counter-strike ure most likely to win, i know its a bad example but that is how it is. This isn't real life , this is dbz universe, and apart from all dbz mods i seen out thewre melee is the diffrence. I know where ure comming from but if u read my argument i hope u know where im comming from

- btw i think melee should be tweaked down depending the pl lvl u r, i dont think a lower lvl gohan and send a ssj goku acrossthe map....my only gripe. But i gotta say this is feels good when ure being doubled team and ure buddy comes outve nowhere and kicks a buu outve the way

Best answers
Thats the thing with every mod I see, people want the mod to fit to their playstyle instead of modifying their playstyle to fit the game like commercial games. I find this game was well thought out in the melee combat. Besides, the game just came out on wednesday! Atleast play the game for a week or two, thats enough time to judge and see all the ins and outs of the game and then come back here with the intelligent comments that are genuine from actual play experiance. A day or two is not good enough. Everywhere I've read, they always say it takes TIME to get used to the game, some it may take more than others.

Best answers
I just come from my latest fight. My statistic was 124-29.
Too find out how often i use beams i let a friend count all the kills i made with beams: 42 out of the 124 kills i did were made with beams. So my stats would have been noticably worse if i had only used melee. Beams aren't useless. They are damn strong and can kill almost anything in one hit when fuly charged. You just gotta know when to fire a beam and when to kick someones a**. That's all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom