Instant Transsmission / server jump

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't like the idea.

the thing is using a config file you can store your fav servers in there and use the instant transmit to them servers so you dont have to search for them in the server list basicly its a time saver as well as an ingame attack
You can already favorite a server and view it under the "Favorites" tab in the server browser.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You are just reinventing the wheel here for no good reason whatsoever.

Best answers
Yep, but as a type of addon it would work, like seing the instant transmission, or your characters flying while the server loads :p
But your idea, doesn't make "sence"

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just no >.>

Youd have to manually edit the server list. Seriously typing connect IP into the console is faster. Not to mention you have an add server to favourites option in STEAM.

Sorry but this is just a time consuming useless feature that can be used in half the time by pressing escape and doubleclicking a different server >.<

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Switch to other servers can be quite handy from time to time. Especially when the server has the map you want to play on, or you wish to have a private fight.
hmm that gave me an idea.

You know how steam has an option to join the server as soon as someone leaves(if it's full). So could it be possible to add a popup or something in the game so for example you want to join a server but it's full so you play a round or 2 with bots and in the meantime the server frees up so a window pops up telling you the server is free so you can join

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think thats already Built in to the engine

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Joining servers is Steam related I think, has nothing to do with the actual game you are playing. So Valve would need to add that feature.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, we could just replace the text "user disconnected" with "user used instant transmission" along with an effect :p

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
hmm that gave me an idea.

You know how steam has an option to join the server as soon as someone leaves(if it's full). So could it be possible to add a popup or something in the game so for example you want to join a server but it's full so you play a round or 2 with bots and in the meantime the server frees up so a window pops up telling you the server is free so you can join
Like madman said, it's already implemented in Steam. Join the server and when it says its full, leave a message when its free again or join automatic.

Best answers
@madman:like you said in your first post here. SG mod= stargate mod.just wanted to know whats that for a mod and for which game and donno^^ i am also a stargate fan you know:p

btw i dont know about this server transfer thing
its sure gonna be used for cheating.........and also........think......you are on a server with a perfect ping......use this technique and now you lag like hell and stuff.........also when you play with your friends......why leave the server and how you wanna hide the connection time?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
@madman:like you said in your first post here. SG mod= stargate mod.just wanted to know whats that for a mod and for which game and donno^^ i am also a stargate fan you know:p

btw i dont know about this server transfer thing
its sure gonna be used for cheating.........and also........think......you are on a server with a perfect ping......use this technique and now you lag like hell and stuff.........also when you play with your friends......why leave the server and how you wanna hide the connection time?
I'm confused, how can this be cheating? You are merely switching servers.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wait i thaught that when you switched to a Server yor power level reset

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea but someone brought it up about keeping it and LSSJs replay was aimed at that. Sky just missed to see it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I say we go all the way and have instant transmission teleport the player to a different game.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I say we go all the way and have instant transmission teleport the player to a different game.
Dude, when it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing. I say we try to build a teleporter à la Half Life 2. Which can teleport you to a completely different country!

Best answers
I'm the one who brought up saving the PL, but, in cs1.6 there are plugins like when players connect, it shows a message on the screen like:

Spyder connected
GL HF
Or something like that, instead for ESF it would be
Spyder used instand transmission and came here(or something else xd, Spyder transmiited here)
GL HF

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Simple way to add your favorite servers to the "quick join" list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom