instant transmission

Discord Member
Best answers
so i was wondering about a little melee tweak with the system here. it isnt really a balancing thing but just a change which would make the game feel more like the fighting in the show itself. usually when someone comes to melee you and you BLOCK it you can melee them afterward if they are still there ... but what if we could implement it so that if we teleport a split second before they hit we actually teleport behind them and melee them instead, and of course the player before can teleport (or block) behind them if they catch it (something that could be chained or not ... which happens a TON in the actual show, could use up energy); any block can stop the chaining affect. it would take a lot of skill and timing to do it ... and would promote more energy moves instead (which seems to lack in the actual gameplay) of being only melee all the time.

this can be done in anyway ... not just the way i specified ... i think it would be quite cool actually. and definitely adds to the fast pace of the game and takes a lot of extreme skill. and definitely adds a little spice to the game

---------- Double Post below was added at 06:57 PM has been merged with this post created 06:39 PM ----------

it doesnt even have to be a instant transmission ... it could also be another button which pressed at the exact right time instead of blocking or getting hit or entering melee instead hits the person instead ... like example vegeta diving into buu to do an attack ... buu lifts up his knee straight into vegeta's gut and then throws him to the ground.

either or ... or even both would be great for the mechanics of the game .... and definitely would be fun to have in the game

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Your idea is solid on paper, but the problem is ping. With the speed of movement thats present in ESF, catching the right moment would be really hard with a ping of 0. With a ping of 50 it would be nearly impossible.

Discord Member
Best answers
it's up to you guys for how long the window of opportunity should be open. it'd be really great for the game. ppl get used to ping differences and limitations once they've played around with it for a bit. and i honestly believe it would make to be one of the more skilled, strategic, and tactical part of the game.

instead of swooping around mindlessly all the time ... you have something that takes time to master and definitely adds a completely different element

Last edited:
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
As Vector said himself, if the only problem is the timeframe, then open it up a bit more. Instead of having an opening for a split second, have an opening for a wee bit more than a split second. Problem solved.

Only go forward sideways
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
Problem is u gotta find a sweetspot cos if u allow too much time then everyone would be able to do it regardless of ping and if its not enough time allocated then only players with low ping would be able to use it (if they get the timing right still)

Discord Member
Best answers
well that's why we have a great dev team ^^

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Who pointed out that as long as there is a variable called ping this cant be implemented in a fast paced game.

Discord Member
Best answers
ive seen players with 20 ping get kicked around with players with 500 ... ping is really all just relative to skill a player has. it's as easy as timing a block in the last second before the hit and you've got the move implemented in the game.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
A ping of 500ms would damn near be unplayable.

Anyway, I didn't say you give people 3 seconds of time to do this. But if you have a ping of 100ms, having a window of half a second should be large enough if you time it properly. And that said, just saying that it won't work because of ping issues is also not fair without actually testing it. That doesn't mean you should code in the entire system, and then test it out if it works with a ping of 100ms. You could also easily design a really small reaction type game (outside of ESF) that factors in a ping of 100ms automatically, to test it out.

Discord Member
Best answers
can someone rename this thread to -

Counter or Instant Transmission Counter or Melee Counter

edit:

i know this is thread necromancy but .... this is still a really great amazing fighting feature, i think, to have in the game

heck it's even used in Tenkaichi 3 as the Z-counter and it is the saving grace feature of teh game. i know it might be a bit much to ask for ....but just imagine how it would b

someone swoops in thinking they have you .... but then the animation slows down (with a perfectly timed counter) picollo kicks through a ghost image (probably dont need the ghost image) and you can see vegeta appearing on the other side of the attack and kicking picollo through ....

someone swoops in and instead of getting a melee hit the animation slows down and the person waiting knees them in the gut and then kicks them to the ground.

basically for the teleport one u have to hit the key and the direction they are .... and for the second you just hit the block button at the right time (basically becomes a return kick instead)

and these moves can be blocked.... if someone does the teleport counter, you can counter it if u hit the counter button fast enough during the slow animation (which shouldnt last very long at all, should b same open time frame or maybe even less, which can chain, but if u spam the button u lose, can only click it once) knee hit u can counter with the teleport counter (or just a zanzoken, which negates combat), and you can make it so that it cant b used when someone does advanced melee or set level of it. and you can vary both upon different advanced melee options ... like someone cant do them unless they are in same melee state. so someone doing advanced melee 3 cant b countered by someone doing advanced melee 2

heck if u really want you can just add a small sequence of teleports and a final kick for just getting the counter the first time (wouldnt chain like this though)

i really think this should b added .... definitely bring the feel of being in a DBZ game more than anything else i think and it promotes more diversity in fighting/fighting styles

and you can make these happen in a certain bubble of an area (so it's not just some straight line) every counter makes u move somewhere else in the bubble (if it's chaining of course)

edit:

i know this is thread necromancy but .... this is still a really great amazing fighting feature, i think, to have in the game

heck it's even used in Tenkaichi 3 as the Z-counter and it is the saving grace feature of teh game. i know it might be a bit much to ask for ....but just imagine how it would b

someone swoops in thinking they have you .... but then the animation slows down (with a perfectly timed counter) picollo kicks through a ghost image (probably dont need the ghost image) and you can see vegeta appearing on the other side of the attack and kicking picollo through ....

someone swoops in and instead of getting a melee hit the animation slows down and the person waiting knees them in the gut and then kicks them to the ground.

basically for the teleport one u have to hit the key and the direction they are .... and for the second you just hit the block button at the right time (basically becomes a return kick instead)

and these moves can be blocked.... if someone does the teleport counter, you can counter it if u hit the counter button fast enough during the slow animation (which shouldnt last very long at all, should b same open time frame or maybe even less, which can chain, but if u spam the button u lose, can only click it once) knee hit u can counter with the teleport counter (or just a zanzoken, which negates combat), and you can make it so that it cant b used when someone does advanced melee or set level of it. and you can vary both upon different advanced melee options ... like someone cant do them unless they are in same melee state. so someone doing advanced melee 3 cant b countered by someone doing advanced melee 2

heck if u really want you can just add a small sequence of teleports and a final kick for just getting the counter the first time (wouldnt chain like this though)

i really think this should b added .... definitely bring the feel of being in a DBZ game more than anything else i think and it promotes more diversity in fighting/fighting styles

and you can make these happen in a certain bubble of an area (so it's not just some straight line) every counter makes u move somewhere else in the bubble (if it's chaining of course) and the direction you are facing can b randomized every time you both get moved (making it even harder to chain)

Badassologist Ph/D
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
it doesnt even have to be a instant transmission ... it could also be another button which pressed at the exact right time instead of blocking or getting hit or entering melee instead hits the person instead ... like example vegeta diving into buu to do an attack ... buu lifts up his knee straight into vegeta's gut and then throws him to the ground.
If you are good enough, you can do things like this in 1.2.3 already. If i get it right, i can teleport behind someone who is swooping at me and with a spin of my mouse, turn around in a blink and give em a good ol' knuckle sammich. That is good enough for me. =)

Stalwart Assassin
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
As awesome a feature this might be, Grega mentioned that it would be very difficult to implement, if not impossible. Rather than spending time on something as minor as this (albeit cool), their time is better spent elsewhere.

If you are good enough, you can do things like this in 1.2.3 already. If i get it right, i can teleport behind someone who is swooping at me and with a spin of my mouse, turn around in a blink and give em a good ol' knuckle sammich. That is good enough for me. =)
Besides, Hellion_Blade is right. With enough practice, you can do it yourself with a properly timed teleport. Although it will not be as easy, something like that shouldn't be automatic anyway. Having to practice and time it right makes it a much cooler and more impressive feat when executed.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I never said it would be difficult to implement.

Im saying that it would either be cheap as hell or useless.

Discord Member
Best answers
eh i just thought it was a good way to promote more beam uses .... as it is the game is practically pure melee. having some kind of deterrent from it would promote more ki usage instead of always swooping and trying to melee .... like a punishment for trying to do it so blatantly

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
eh i just thought it was a good way to promote more beam uses .... as it is the game is practically pure melee. having some kind of deterrent from it would promote more ki usage instead of always swooping and trying to melee .... like a punishment for trying to do it so blatantly
The reason for so much melee is that beams are to strong in 1.2.3

People used to use them, and who ever did was unbeatable. If you are good at using beams your PL will skyrocket and as a result youll pretty much start killing the entire server with one beam hits after you transform.

So the people decided that beams are a no skill tactic and put rules in to servers preventing the spamming of beams. But reality is such. A good beam user can easily get 100/0 K/D ratio in any server. The fuller the faster he gets it.

Thats what the problem with beams is in 1.2 ^^

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
So what are you guys doing to tackle that in Final? Are the beams weaker now? But then it might go to the other end of the spectrum and people might just ignore it for its weakness!

NOT IN THE MANGAโ„ข
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
So what are you guys doing to tackle that in Final? Are the beams weaker now? But then it might go to the other end of the spectrum and people might just ignore it for its weakness!
The maps are bigger now, players probably spread out a lot more, so you ain't gonna kill 15 people with Big Bang.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
So the Beams are as strong as they were in 1.2.3?

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The beams are pretty much the same in strength. Generic beam has been weakened (no more overpowered genbeams with turbo) and explosion sizes have been capped. Also the beam jump ability to damage players has been nerfed. Other than that the faster speed of the game along with bigger environments should be helpful ^^

Former Forcepit Member :(
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I never said it would be difficult to implement.

Im saying that it would either be cheap as hell or useless.
even with a cool down time of 10 mins or better yet 30 mins and changing characters wont let you use it multiple times if you make the cool down Joint with there steam id instead of username xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom