installing problem

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it says you are trying to install the 1.2.2 patch so the question is did you install ESF full or are you trying to install a patch over nothing

Best answers
I tried both (I tried to install the patch when I already had ESF 1.2.1).
It the same problem in both of them, and it's happen only in the new files of "Nullsoft Install System v2.03".

Best answers
DONT YOU ALL UNDERSTAND WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!!!! No matter what we do we cannot click on the install button........I sugges that the ESF team uses a differant Install Program. Or Zip up all the files and we can install manually. DO YOU UNDSTAND NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Damn you people

Dont worry cfirmalovani13 I understand....dont let these idiots the the best of you how ever i am unable to find a solutuion to the problem.

Best answers
ya ok...you need to start HL and play through the first scene....lol make sure you all do that

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is no need to become a flamming hooligan , if he explained his problem in finer detail , then more people would of been able to understand (u should obtain a warning for those flames)

edit : so where idiots ey?? (lol , people will know what i'm getting at here)

Best answers
Well the dude had to re post his thing 3 times for you all to get it......something was not going through....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
JDtheman said:
Well the dude had to re post his thing 3 times for you all to get it......something was not going through....
Oh?

5th post down smart guy:

Grega said:
run HL once then try again

that should fix it since STEAM instals some extra files when you run for the first time ^^

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
JDtheman said:
DONT YOU ALL UNDERSTAND WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!!!! No matter what we do we cannot click on the install button........I sugges that the ESF team uses a differant Install Program. Or Zip up all the files and we can install manually. DO YOU UNDSTAND NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Damn you people

Dont worry cfirmalovani13 I understand....dont let these idiots the the best of you how ever i am unable to find a solutuion to the problem.
It's not the install program, it's that the user needs to run Half-Life first. And sometimes it does take somebody a bit to understand something, and that's understandable, at least the community members are trying to help. No need to flame. Flame again and you will be handed a warning.

Best answers
Hello Everyone,

i'm coming across the same problem, i installed my Half Life, updated it with the latest patcher, installed the newest steam afterward, RAN half life once, even went through the opening in single player, and when i go to install this, i can't click the install button, yes, i've put in the correct directory when it asks for the location of the half life folder. so i've tried everything here, maybe except the downloading a outdated version of ESF and updating it through patchs.

Best answers
It's not the install program, it's that the user needs to run Half-Life first.
I tried it again and again and again...
I opened the tutorial, the first level...
It's NOT helping me.
It STILL doesn't work.
I still CAN'T press 'Install'.

So maybe the problem is not in the HL files.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
interesting, that always fixed the problem whenever I had it. ANd if that didn't work I uninstalled half-life and let it re download again to fix it. Other than that, I've got no suggestions.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Deman said:
It's not the install program, it's that the user needs to run Half-Life first. And sometimes it does take somebody a bit to understand something, and that's understandable, at least the community members are trying to help. No need to flame. Flame again and you will be handed a warning.
THNX , u must of read the pm

jd , if you continue to use these forums , you just need to be aware of the rules and such , not to hard to live buy , eh ?

Best answers
hmm, well i've tried uninstalling and re-installing, however the "install" button doesn't show up, it's a real light grey that doesn't let me click it...so i'm totally lost on how to install the latest ESF. hopefully i'll figure something out. anyway thanx for the help.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Edward Elric said:
hmm, well i've tried uninstalling and re-installing, however the "install" button doesn't show up, it's a real light grey that doesn't let me click it...so i'm totally lost on how to install the latest ESF. hopefully i'll figure something out. anyway thanx for the help.
as said before , run hl once and then get out of it , then install it , if u use the 1.2 installer then patches 1.2.2 and up , be4 installing 1.2.2 or 2.3 , just run hl once b4 installing them!!!!!! it always works fine for me (this is becoming quite a common ? around here , don't they every read the stickies , or maybe the stickies should be updated with the patch install info)

Best answers
well, as i stated in my previous posts *read first page toward the bottom* i already ran through the opening.

Best answers
Deman said:
interesting, that always fixed the problem whenever I had it. ANd if that didn't work I uninstalled half-life and let it re download again to fix it. Other than that, I've got no suggestions.
I'll try to reinstall half-life, maybe that will fix it.

Best answers
Alot times a clean install does it but in some cases just deleting the the blob can re-update steam and also a fresh install of esf..Then after that if it still dont work just scrap out everything =P

Best answers
ok what most people are doing is opening half-life by itself no you first half to open half-life through steam

Best answers
ok, after formatting (god my PC needed that so badly) i installed Half Life, then half life update, then steam, updated it, then installed ESF, then played through the opening, and it finally worked, sadly i lost all my other games i had...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom