Installing Darksun's Aura

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You have to rename it to w/e the old aura's name is, and delete the old aura.

Best answers
I have installed the file in the ESF folder, deleting the old aura but it doesn't work. When I run a server, the program deletes the new aura and substitutes with the older one. Is there a patch to avoid that?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did you put it in the models dir in the esf folder & rename the files as said above?.

Best answers
... can you please tell me WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT THIS!?!? I WANT TO USE THIS AURA, NOT THE DORITOS LOOKING AURA!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LOL IM SIGGEH THAT

Anyways, just use the Edit button. You might get warned :O

Give us the exact location of your file, maybe you put it in the wrong spot. Also, what did you name the file to?

Best answers
I installed here:

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\myprofilename\half-life\esf

BTW, where can I find this edit button o_O

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you didn't listen to me, RENAME the AURA you WANT TO USE to the original (doritos) aura THAT YOU WANT TO DELETE! GOD! ALMIGHTY! I HAD SEX WITH KAINATION AND HIS DOG AND I LOVE YOU ALL MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!!!!!!

I wanted to use capitols too. I wanted to feel special. Anywho, if you don't understand what i'm saying im me on MSN i'll do it for you.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You should read the injstall instuctions that come with the files, most custom content comes with a readme file with instructions on how to isntall them (only nessacary to read them if you are unsure of what to do).

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here's the lo-down (if that's what you call it)

Tried everything in this post so far, didn't work. I downloaded it and it has an "esf" folder, so naturally over writing the esf directory should do it, he said that didn't work either, so i'm out of ideas.

My suggestion is talk to $sj Goku on the forums, he uses that aura, maybe he can help.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
If installing it into the esf folder doesnt work try installing it into another folder and manualy, copy pasting the files into their corresponding folders.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mauriciogomes75 said:
Yes, I did that!
mauriciogomes75 said:
... can you please tell me WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT THIS!?!? I WANT TO USE THIS AURA, NOT THE DORITOS LOOKING AURA!
mauriciogomes75 please do not double post.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Read the assistance users have provided you again with in this thread then you shall probably understand what you need to do to get it working ingame ;).

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First of all, that aura is from 1.1. It will look very small unless you rescale it with half-life model viewer. Hell, it might not even work unless you rescale it, it might just revert back to the default aura model. That could be your problem.

I have one more thing I can think of as to why it doesn't work. You said you installed it to

C: \Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\myprofilename\half-life\esf

If you're copying the ESF folder that came with darksuns aura into that location, it won't work. You need to copy it into this location:

C: \Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\myprofilename\half-life\

If you were copying the actual model into that location, it still will not work. The actaul model needs to go into

C: \Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\myprofilename\half-life\esf\models

There's also no need to rename anything, the file comes named correctly.

I hope that helped, if not, I have no idea why it didn't work.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make a copy of Darksuns aura and rename the copy aurabend.mdl, then replace esf's aurabend.mdl and aura.mdl with Darksun's aura.mdl and aurabend.mdl.

Aura and Aurabend need to be the same new model.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Make a copy of Darksuns aura and rename the copy aurabend.mdl, then replace esf's aurabend.mdl and aura.mdl with Darksun's aura.mdl and aurabend.mdl.

Aura and Aurabend need to be the same new model.

I tried installing it and that worked. The model still needs to be resized though. Check this out

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom