Installation Problems

Best answers
:cry: Everytime I try to install ESF it freezes up when it says Configuring Windows Installer, then after it freezes up i get a error messages stating: 1608: Unable to create InstallDriver instance:\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
already tried to redownload it ???

Best answers
that exact same thing is happening to me so wot im trying to do is get a zip file working that mt m8 gave me but is says that the archive is invalid

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Acidjuh
hmmm weirdo_O
Please do not spam here

....... I'm still waiting for an answer

Best answers
Yes i d/l it 3 different times, and it is not just this installation. I have also d/l PSO Trial edition for PC and I get the same message. Someone please help! This game looks 2 kewl!

Best answers
i got the same error. any chance the makers would put the game in a handy zip? the one in the post from the help section is 404, and i have no friends who could do it :-(

Best answers
I GOT THIS TO!I really wanna play EFS!thats the only reason i got CS :cry: is there like a download that doesnt do this?

Best answers
i tried downloading the installer from:
fileplanet
ausgamers
and multiple servers (Download Accelerator Plus does this)

so it's the installer for me

i tried all the installshield advice i could find(including for other programs), including at the installshield website

short of reinstalling my OS which im unwilling to do, i did everything, and it hasn't helped.

win2000
p4 2ghz
512mb ddr
geforce4

any ESF staff member reading this: please do us a huge favor and give us a zip file, or a winzip installer exe, or anything besides the current format?

Best answers
:cry: anyways my CS isnt working!:(

Dont know where to get hl.exe file..

Best answers
Reinstall Half-Life, if you still get the errors, sounds to me like a Virus of your computer need updating.
I've never had any problems with files i;ve downloaded. Must be your computers, try updating them, download all the patches for games, and you software/hardware.

Best answers
no go, it's not halflife at all

the installer messes up before anything to do with halflife.

nothing virus-wise either

the installshield site says there seems to be no specific reason for this error, it's possible any computer could get it.

SO SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE A ZIP! :talk:

Best answers
there some other threat what is describing problems with installing (Configuring Windows Installer) there is a script some where to download. this will let you install the game

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
damn spamming ....

he sad it in clear english!

there is an other threat what is describing problems with installing (Configuring Windows Installer) there is a script some where to download. this will let you install the game

Best answers
oh, a THREAD! ok.
where? i can't find anything like that on search...

and why the hell would i spam?! i have like 6 posts! i just want help and had no idea what that person said...

and who's spamming, with the 105 posts, calling me a spammer, and repeating what someone else said without clarifying it at all?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Artem, please try not to double post. Use the edit button in the corner of your old ones to add content.

Anyway you all might want to check out the Help forum to see if you can find an answer there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom