Installation Problem!!!

Best answers
I installed my ESF from ESF-World and I install it. I go to the shortcut on the desktop, double click on it and it says it can't find steam.exe. I'm using WON, not Steam. I checked the other thread and it said to force it into the Half-Life directory, it was automatically installed there, but I tried anyways, didn't work. I do NOT want to install steam, my computer is running out of virtual memory as it is. I've tried everything(i think) but nothing works, I need tons of help!

Best answers
When you run the installer, it should tell you where you want it to be installed to.

If it installs to steam folder, without steam being there (didnt think it would but meh) then simply move it from

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\email\Half-Life

to

C:\Sierra\Half-Life\ (Or where ever your WON folder is)

Best answers
already tried that.
besides, when i even start the installation program the path is already set to my HL directory...

Best answers
Well when it installs, cut and paste it from that folder (moving = ctrl + x then ctrl + v) to the folder you want it in.

That should work.

Best answers
I experienced the same problem, shortcuts would not work on WON, I had to fix it by hand. So, are there any plans to fix it for the new release? It is really annoying having to edit the shortcuts manually. Really. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom