Insta Shield

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know this will seem like a wierd idea, but please read through the whole suggestion. To those who don't know my suggestions. I always think them through and nothing is complete without reading all of this post.

Information about the Shield
In DBZ everyone saw people throw up "insta shields" which were really fields of energy preventing enemies from blasting or hitting them. These were usually used when powering up or transforming.
These "insta shields" would work as a secondary block that covers you front, rear, top, bottom, and side. They would be a worse ki drain then gohan's shield. They cant be used like a gohan's shield attack. If you take damage, it doesnt reduce your KI, but rather your PL. Think of them as a shield emmiting your PL just outside of you to block an attack.

Damage events
-If you get hit with Ki blasts OR ANY ATTACK THAT YOU CAN IMMEDIATELY SWAT, instead of taking PL damage, it gets absorbed and you gain KI (not pl).
-If a person explodes a beam just outside your shield OR your shield absorbed the beam, all the damage will deal damage to your PL and your ki will decrease. Your shield will be destroied if the attack was powerfull enough to take 1/4 of your Ki(untransformed) or 1/2 of your ki(transformed) away from your shield will dissappear.
-If someone swoops towards you (in any shape, way, fashon, or form) WITHOUT MELEE, you will take a little ki drain and the enemy gets knocked back just like melee. Only if they hit a wall, they will get damage.
-If someone swoops towards you WITH MELEE, you will take ki and pl damage. Your shield will only be destroied if the enemy takes away about or 1/4 of your ki The enemy will get knocked back like they got hit with melee, but suffer no damage unless they hit a wall.
-Lazers will pentrate all shields and pop them
-Discs will pentrate all shields
-Rocks: Undecided. The rocks aren't really used enough for me to describe what whould happen. I would think since the rocks are physical instead of ki based, they pop (destroy) the shield and hit them.

Useage
Start with a new button of developers choice. Then when you spawn you automatically start out with one automatically charged insta shield. When you feel like you are going to be hit, pres the insta shield. Lets say developers decide that you have 15 seconds of insta shield. You turn on the insta shield and it defends you for a few hits. You lost only a little ki (he was weak) and almost no PL to care about. You win.
Your seconds of insta shield are 10 now. Press charge. Once you charge past your MAX KI, the extra charge gets added to your insta shield. You are back to 15 seconds of use.
Lets say a strong person comes along and just blows the crap out of your insta shield. Well you lost plenty of Ki and a fair amount of PL (lets just say 10,000 is the max you can loose in one blast). Well your timer hit 0 since your shield got obliterated. You charge it back up and you notice that you cant charge past a "yellow bar" for the insta shield bar. That "yellow bar" is at 10 seconds. Holy crap!!! You defend again aginst the next attack. Your yellow bar is at 5 seconds now. You charge back up quickly.Here comes the final blow from him. Your yellow bar goes to 1 seconds. You notice that your bar doesnt go even lower inthe subsequent attacks. (1 bieng the minimum time that you can keep the shield)
Well you eventually die. You want to cuss the ESF people for makeing the "bug" that keeps the bar timer down. You find out that your charge time has been magically changed back to 15. Your happy and start fighting again.

Ifs ands and buts(aka: misc information)
This shield is verry usefull and balanced
-The reduceing of time is on purpose. If players could keep the shield at 15 each time, only PL damage would be dealt. That would take many times longer.

The charge up for the shield could be changed
-What I reccommended was something for lesser players, maby add a cvar so that way the shield could only be recharged through not using it. Aka: like when you are not using your KI, your KI slowly regeins. Make it like that exept for the shield.

Regarding transformations
-I know the team is removing invenerability for transformations after the first time you transform. Well I would want SOME kind of defence rather than JUST hiding.

Beamstruggles/suggestion
-Remove the immunity and force people to use this shield. Beam struggles are a little more skill based if you add in the advanced beam struggles you guys were talking about. But if you remove the immunity factor (probally with a mp_beamstrug_immunity cvar) and force players to also use thier KI to play defence, a beam struggles becomes a skill to recon with.

PL to useable KI/suggestion
-This goes with the last suggestion/bullet point. Make it so players can use a good amount of PL (say about 5,000) a pop to get a little bit of ki. Limit it so players can only use it every 10 seconds and it recovers only about 1/6 of your ki This will create more KI to use in stuff like Beam strugs and defences. AND *important* put a limit on it so players don't go below thier starting PL or thier minimal stay transformed PL.

In regards to gohan's shield
-This is only a personal shield.
-This will only save your ass an no one elses.
-Gohan's shield won't take away your PL
-Gohan's shield can be used for reversing enemie's attack back to its owner(s).

In regards to Defending vs Shield
Defending
-No pl damage
#Normal Ki drain
=You can reverse thier attack
+You can bock indefinately
*Weak attacks are simpally swatted away
%Attacks that do do damage (no matter what) do half (or whatever the divisor is for esf)

Shield
-PL damage
#Higher ki drain
=Cannot reverse thier attack
+Cannot shield indefinately
*Weak attacks are added to your KI for energy
%Attacks that do do damage (no matter what) will take away your pl and probally destroy or pop the shield. Leaveing you vernuable.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
for what i see(and that's for the most ppl) it's to carefull, i mean that it's pretty useless if it doesn't even devends you from explotions.
a shield is mostly used for little blasts and beams, the big ball's/bomb's/beams are to strong anyway.
the melee part must just not effect the sheald becours most shealds are around your boddy like a second skin, if you saw naruto then you know what i mean with garaa's shealt around his boddy.(please dont take this as "but that is naruto", it was just a sample)
i agree with lasers and disks but the rock's must just not have any effect becours the only thing it would do is coffer the boddy with stones, the char can just blow the rock's of his boddy.

Best answers
It would be a nice additon but I think it would be better if:

Lasers still go through but don't pop the shield.
It protects from explosions.
You take damage to your ki instead of pl.
Rocks shouldn't do much if anything to it.

This would be fair and balanced if it would be available to all characters

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rocks arent energy based, thats why they go through the shield.
And I put the correct words down but it does protect from explosions the same way it protects from beams. Read the second bullet point under damage events.

Second, if it was ki damage, it would completely remove your ability to stay charged. There HAS to be a diffrence between gohan's and this. The diffrence is the fact that it doesn't take away from your ki, but your pl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom