Insanely powerup notice.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
Wouldn't it be awesome if the screen blurred for a moment if someone did a significant power-up?

like when goku comes out the time-chamber & power-ups @ korin's tower.

the other feel it & the ground shook for a while.

like this? :O

[video=youtube;DkG2zT0e1CY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkG2zT0e1CY[/video]

Best answers
Well what you are saying is considered as physx. Although it can be done but it takes so much of the CPU power which means that you will need a High end CPU or you will get low frames.
Second: I think that the team will not make it becasue it means that they will need to make a physx engine, which I think is too much for HL1 engine.
Third: Doing such engine will sharply increase the requirements needed to play this game.

Note: Even if the team doesnt make your suggestion, it doesnt mean that it's a bad one.
So dont get sad.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
1) ESF has a physics engine
2) You dont need a physics engine to blur someones screen, or rattle their camera.

Last edited:
Best answers
I know that esf has a physics engine, but the physx i meant was the one that can do the ground shaking,destructions ,water pushing..etc
ESF doesnt have such engine.
Now even if they try to make one,it will take too much CPU power as I said before and will you will get low FPS, unless you have a great CPU.
this issue can be fixed, but since we are not talking about making one then there is no need for me say it .

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah and he said that it's not necessarily to have that kind of engine. The are always other ways to do those things :)

Best answers
You got it, but you have missed the scond part which is ground shaking. check the suggestion above.

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Camera shake does the trick. ;)

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Of course. But how about if you do the job so well that you can't really notice what it is? :)
They have to consider a lot when making all the eye-candy stuff.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
There is a way to shake the camera so that it seems the terrain is shaking. Besides lets not forget out terrain are models. Animatable models at that. So a shaking animation can be made XD

Heck the entire esf_buu level is constantly moving. Just looks so COOL >.<

Best answers
It's true that a shaking animation can be made using the camera,but shaking itself doesnt do the whole thing. you will need to add other things.

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Of course.
Don't worry,ESF is going the right direction.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
You do realise that EVERY videogame/movie/animation EVER made is based on the principle of illusion, right?

You dont need to shake the entire map to make the player feel like the earth is trembling.
You force the camera to shake. Add some tectonic-rumbling sound FX. Maybe even make the controls a little less responsive.
If a movie had a scene involving an earthquake, do you think they rattled the planet, or the camera?

Games use FX systems for these things, not physics systems. Do games use a physics based engine to produce molecules that combust to create fire? Or would they use some kind of sprite or particle illusion?
When you want the screen to blur, do we use physics to replicate a sonic boom? No, we use a shader system, and sound FX.

Games imitate reality, they dont replicate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom