Injuries...

Best answers
Has anyone had any kind of injury before? You can post anything, from a broken neck (looks at Kidboy) to a pulled muscle... It dont matter. I'll go first.

Last year I got angry and punched a wall, unluckily half of my hand hit the wooden stud and I...

Shattered my 4th and 5th knuckles, fractured the bone beneath my pinky, and recieved tendon and muscle damage (dont know how I did). Criticize me all you guys want I dont really mind, im used to it actually. It was extremely painful, probably the worst pain in recent memory.

I also pull my muscles a lot while weight lifting, and 2 monthm ago when I started lifting I tore my abdominal muscles and had to stop lifting for 3 weeks. That really hurt, especially since I couldn't lift, Im hooked on it!

And the everyday, cuts, scrapes, and bruises.

I have more stories, but I'll wait until later to post. You guys next...

Best answers
Worst injury of my entire life. When I was 5 I fell off of the monkey bars at a playground and for some strange reason all of the skin on my right kneecap was like gone and it was bleeding back.
That's my worst injury ever. Honestly.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can think of two bad injuries I have had.

When I was about 13, I was playying basketball on school grounds with a few mates, and then we all freaked when security was called. We ran & I fell on the stairs and did a greenstick fracture to my left radius.

The other injury I would possibly consider a bit more serious. I was at a swimming ppol and jumped off the 2nd highest diving board (the highest one was closed because apparently some guy jumped off it and when he landed he split his stomach open). I jumped off it and I hit the water funnie. My chest really hurt and it hurt to move my back, at thirst I thought I had pulled a musle in my back or it was my chest, my heart beats werte also giving me pain too as far as I can remeber, it hurt to breathe for a little bit too (atleast about 10-15mins).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got turned into a newt a while back. But its okay, I got better.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
when i was about 10 I went with my family to watch my stepbrother participate in a rodeo.

Rodeos being as boring as they are, me and a couple of my friends resorted to playing tag behind the bleachers, it was near pitch black back there so we figured we could mix it up like hide and seek.

i was unkowingly standing next to one of the support beams for the bleachers. which was more or less a thick ass metal pipe when i saw the kid that was it running towards me.

i turned around and jumped off for my first step, jumping face first into the support beam. i literally bounced off of it and lended about 4 feet away from where i was standing. My face was bleeding so bad a puddle was forming next to me, as a matter of fact i think i have a picture somewhere that my mom took >_>.

turns out i had broken my nose, i still have the scar running straight down the middle of my face where it got busted open.

and had some other internal injury as well. i was vomitting blood for the next 2 days,

they were worried i was going to either A) pass out from blood loss B) have a concussion or C) Both.

needless to say, i gathered a bigger crowd than the majority of the people performing in the rodeo

i wasnt the only kid that got screwed that day though, later that same night someone fell off the bleachers

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The worst injury I have ever recieved was a massive tearing in the tendons and ligaments of my left ankle after jumping over a fence (without touching it) and landing in a pothole. All my weight crashed down on that ankle, and my foot was percariously balanced on the edge of the pot hole. I heard a sick popping noise and violia. I couldn't walk for weeks (though I could on crutches after 1 week), and even now it hurts occasionally 10 years later.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When I was 13, I broke my sternum trying to do a backflip on my snowboard. Needless to say, I don't try to go inverted anymore.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Got a concussion by sliping on loose gravel and flipped head first over my dirt bike. Needless to say i hit head first. Damn good brakes eh? Well that's what they tell me, i don't remember any of it. So granted no pain at all (yay) was my worst injury.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let see here, I got ran over, a huge scar on my leg, and it explains all.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
When I was about 9 I jumped of a wall and broke my foot, on the bridge, and had to walk like that for two weels. My dad thought I just sprained my ankel, foot or something and wouldnt take me to the doctor. When he found out I broke it though... lets just say I had all the latest games and hardware for my pc for the next few months.

When I was 13 I tore ligaments in my left leg. I was playing rubgy and got moved to full back, which I resented, and when I kicked the ball I slipped and fell with all my weight to the left. Unfortunatly my leg wanted to go the other way and I tore ligaments in my upper leg, calf, hamstring, and pretty much everything else.

I also got into a car acident the other day (two weeks ago I think) and it seems that I did some damage to my left leg again and a little bit of muscle damage to my back. Im going for fisiotherapy (sp?) now.

There are more, but Id rather not go into detail on them.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have many injuris but the most hated one where i had was the Arm injury.

I played Soccer that they and my Trainer fell over me turning my arm almost 360 then it made clack and the bone on the angle made pop and stuck out just covered under meat and skin. >_>
Then i got back up and it snapped back in , i hated that sound >_>
BUT after getting out of the Hospital we ate McDonalds so it wasnt all that bad.

And with my luck it was 3 days before my class went on an trip. luckily i still could go with them but i couldnt go swimming there. I hated that day ^^.
Had to wear such an white thinggy(dont know the american word) for 4-6 weeks.Then after it came off i still had to wear white bandage for another month.

The other injuris are just scars and opened wounds where became scars ^^.

Some stupid accident.

Back in school me and an friend running around, i ran near the blackboard with sharp edges.
One of the edge got hold of me while running and made me flip on my back on the floor.
After i got up i feeled all dizzy and hot so i took my pullover off, and my T-Shirt was all ripped on my arm and bloody, so i went all dizzy to the school office, then one of my teachers pushed my sleeve a little up to see what happend and i looked there and seen an open wound like i got shot with an gun.Real ugly to look at,cause i could see verywell the meat and all, it was 2 inches wide open and in the lenght it was around 3 inches. >_<
But it wasnt painfull at all oO

Well i have more but too lazy now.

Best answers
During my time of working with heavy things I did my lower back in. It still give me trouble years later, and it probably will my whole life. Whatever anyone tells you about you back kids, listen tot hem. Never do anything that could injure your back. It's the worst thing ever!!!

Plus I had to go though 3 months of physio and then another 1 months a feww later.. I hate physio because of this.

Take it from me. Damamging you back is not cool. Period.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KelesK said:
During my time of working with heavy things I did my lower back in. It still give me trouble years later, and it probably will my whole life. Whatever anyone tells you about you back kids, listen tot hem. Never do anything that could injure your back. It's the worst thing ever!!!

Plus I had to go though 3 months of physio and then another 1 months a feww later.. I hate physio because of this.

Take it from me. Damamging you back is not cool. Period.
Oh yeh. I had 3 "witchshots",(i quess you call them in american language like this).

I went to far down picking up and Zementback, and in the second i wanted to go up, imade ouch and stayed for almost 5 hours in that position untill i could go home from work.Got me like that some "nice" days off.
Happend 2 months later again.and another month. >_>

The last time i think it happend 2 years ago, i was pulling pallets out of the truck and kinda feeled sweaty, so i went out, sit on the stairs and couldnt get back up.

But your Right, LISTEN TO THE STORYS THEY TELL YOU ABOUT YOUR BACK...
They are True !

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I once severely bruised my left arm, thankfully I didn't break it though.

I never get hurt. All the other wounds I've had were skinned knees and maybe a little cut every now and then.

Best answers
- Broke my collarbone due to a double soccer (football) tackle..
- Had some stuff ripped near my ancle due to a car accident (don't know the english word, in dutch it's called "gewrichtsbanden"
- Several small fractures of my fingers due to baseball (I suck at catching balls without a glove :p)

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When I was little, about 9, 10 years old, I went with my parents to visit my family in NY and while I was running around with my causins I looked at the wrong way and the next thing I knew I went into a wall, got a weird cut on my left side of the face, was really painful at the time...and actually, there was not much blood, the cut was horrible though, I was lucky that it wasnt serious plus there wasnt any sign left of it after a month.

Got a lot... A LOT, of injuries while I was surfing last summer..but if ill start XD it wont end...it's those damn rocks...sheesh..

nge

Best answers
One of the most painful experiances was when I got very... frustraited and ended up flipping out on a rock. I smashed up 2 of my knuckles and cracked a third.

THE most painful experiance was when I was back into skateboarding. After a messed up trick attempt, I landed going quite fast with one of my legs backwards, resulting in a spiral fracture up the whole damn thing. That sucked.

Something that should have been a lot more painful than it had been was getting a nail up my foot when stomping out a fire. It only stopped because it hit the bone in my heel. I walked with a limp for a day and that was that, although it was brused for a few weeks. Luckily I had just gotten my tetnis shot.

I have a scar on my right knee from when I fell onto a razor at a construction job. The cut was so clean, no one saw the tear in my pants and didn't believe me until blood started pouring through.

I have a scar on my left arm when one of my ex girlfriends cut me. Yes, you read that right. She CUT me.

Currently, I slept wrong and my neck is sore : (

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hyperextended my knee pretty badly during track practice in middle school I fudged up doing the long jump >_>

I have a nasty scar on my thumb where I cut pretty deeply with a new knife at subway. If any of you handled knives like that one, you'd know that it goes through flesh pretty easy. I've also got a permanent callous from one of those suckers where I accidently cut the top of my left middle finger off.

When I was two or three, I was running around playing when I tripped over a block of wood and nearly bit through my lower lip. I've got a nice little scar there.

When I was in middle school I was climbing out of a pool without the use of a ladder from the deepend. I was pushing up with my arms, but they slipped and I crashed down on my chin, splitting that wide open.

I've got a nice scar on the right side of my cheek I earned while shaving with an oldschool razor. My brother came rushing into the bathroom and scared the **** out of me, causing me to fudge up.

I have lots of scars along my knuckles from angry wall punishings.

I think that's about it. Some are pretty small though, I guess.

Best answers
Lets see, I fractured my thumb joint 2-3 years ago when I was 13. My 7 year old cousin kicked me in the thumb, and it caused my joint to fracture and I have a chip of bone in between my growth plate and my ball socket. Periodically today, it'll refracture from time to time, I havent broke it this year yet, but I broke it Twice last year.

My dad thought it was a sprain, but after enough complaints my mom took me up there, and they said it was a fracture. But all I got was a "Oh, well be more careful", not computer hardware like Raeku's dad did.

@Deman, You are lucky, my hand killed when I hit one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom