• Yes, the american taxpayer paid for this

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • No, the government paid for this with the money they got out of thin air

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now you have two founding fathers of America against you, Spunky. I know, I know, Franklin never became president, but you should still trust the dudes words. He did invent a time machine.

Franklin-Adams 2956

Best answers
Pwned

and btw I stand up and tell the government what I want them to spend the money I pay on all the time..fyi :eek:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry but I have to agree with Sub here. You can't throw any random analogy you come up with. Well if you buy a car is that money yours?!?!?!? No it's not, and neither is the tax money you give away, however the subtle difference is you actually care what your tax money goes towards. If you buy a car who gives a **** where the money you used to pay for that car goes towards. Bills, someones pay check whatever, it's out of your hands. Let's not forget that when you use these "well if you buy a hamburger" analogy, you're willingly, by choice, buying that hamburger. However, taxes are something you HAVE to pay. No one says "Hey I think I'll pay some taxes today for funzies!" So most people tend to care what the money they HAVE to give to the government goes towards.

But when you pay your taxes, you care what they do with that money. And 80,000 dollars for 2 seals only to be eaten not even two minutes into their new lives is preposterous. I can understand why an irresponsible adult would find it funny to give money to someone you hope is trying to better their country only to spend it on something useless.
That's the only answer I'm really looking for. Of course you care where the money goes, anybody would. I'm just saying the money isn't yours once you give it to the government. That's all. Nothing more. I agree with Sub on everything else, that's an entirely separate issue from the argument at hand. D:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Spunky, the very fact that any debt incurred by the government must be covered by the American taxpayer makes it our money, not the governments.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It doesn't matter if it's 1 payment of 1 billion dollars or 1 billion payments of 1 dollar. It's the same in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom