Informing The Ignorant

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Recently I have stumbled upon a thread with accusations against me. Among these accusations include "Mr. Satan had some admin stuff on to make him invisible and super powered and stuff." -- Wow, seriously. No such plugins exist -- well the invisible one does and I have it on my Sven Coop server, but if used in ESF it is utterly useless because everytime you swoop or go turbo it renders you visible.

On my server I have diamonds DISABLED so people actually have to look for PEOPLE and NOT DIAMONDS >=/

As for the "n" word thing. Yeah, my friends and I don't have a problem with saying racist words. We aren' racist, however we find ALL racist words and stereotypes to be VERY humerous.

As for kicking people SUPPOSEDLY "without warning" -- I ALWAYS warn my clients before kicking and there are times when I DONT want ANYONE on my team for the simple fact that the other team is getting pwned and needs players and I DONT.

Look, I'm a nice guy, I'm not out to "h4x0r j00r m3g4hurTz" my whole thing is to have fun. So whenever people who take the game too seriously come into my server, I like to have a little fun with them, chat-wise though.

I just get so angry when people come into my server and get pwned by me and immediatly yell "OMFG!SHDFHASKD!!!! AHH! hax!! I got beat so he must be using some admin thing! WTFG?!?!!!??!"

:rolleyes:

OH -- I almost forgot. To all those people wondering about the "Configuring Everyone's CVars For Better Performance..." thing, here's the whole thing...

amx_say >Configuring Everyone's CVars For Better Performance...
amx_execall clear
w10;w2
amx_execall cl_drawnames 1
w10;w2
amx_execall cl_drawdiamonds 0
w10;w2
amx_execall cl_gaitestimation 1
w10;w2
amx_execall cl_gibcount 0
w10;w2
amx_execall cl_himodels 0.000000
w10;w2
cl_hightexture "0"
w10;w2
r_hightexture "0"
w10;w2
amx_execall cl_lc 1
w10;w2
amx_execall cl_lw 1
w10;w2
amx_execall cl_nopred 1
w10;w2
amx_execall cl_resend 4
w10;w2
amx_execall console 1
w10;w2
amx_execall net_graph 0
w10;w2
amx_execall cl_showfps 0
w10;w2
amx_execall fps_max 120
w10;w2
amx_execall hisound 1.000000
w10;w2
amx_execall hpk_maxsize 1
w10;w2
amx_execall m_filter 1
w10;w2
amx_execall mp_decals 100
w10;w2
amx_execall precache 1
w10;w2
amx_execall r_decals 100
w10;w2
amx_execall r_mirroralpha 0
w10;w2
amx_execall r_mmx 1
w10;w2
amx_execall TColor
w10;w2
amx_execall gl_spriteblend 1
w10;w2
amx_execall suitvolume 0.000000
w10;w2
amx_execall sv_aim 0.000000
w10;w2
amx_execall violence_ablood 0
w10;w2
amx_execall violence_agibs 0
w10;w2
amx_execall violence_hblood 0
w10;w2
amx_execall violence_hgibs 0
w10;w2
amx_execall voice_avggain 0.400
w10;w2
amx_execall voice_clientdebug 0
w10;w2
amx_execall voice_dsound 1
w10;w2
amx_execall voice_eax 0
w10;w2
amx_execall voice_enable 1
w10;w2
amx_execall voice_fadeouttime 0.100
w10;w2
amx_execall voice_inputfromfile 1
w10;w2
amx_execall voice_loopback 0
w10;w2
amx_execall voice_maxgain 2.5
w10;w2
amx_execall voice_modenable 1
w10;w2
amx_execall voice_overdrive 1
w10;w2
amx_execall voice_overdrivefadetime 0.400
w10;w2
amx_execall voice_profile 0
w10;w2
amx_execall voice_recordtofile 1
w10;w2
amx_execall voice_scale 1
w10;w2
amx_execall voice_serverdebug 0
w10;w2
amx_execall voice_showchannels 0
w10;w2
amx_execall voice_showincoming 0
amx_say >CVars Set
amx_execall clear
[sarcasm] Just look at all that haxing, geeze, you might as well give up on virus scanners and ad-aware/spybot. [/sarcasm] :rolleyes:

Best answers
but when you don't want anyone else on your team, why not tell them to change rather then kick them?

BTW, what's the cvar to remove the diamonds?

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You seem awfully defensive for someone who apparently did nothing wrong.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rocky87 said:
You seem awfully defensive for someone who apparently did nothing wrong.

Because I'm getting frustrated with all the accusations.

By the way, to remove diamonds: cl_drawdiamonds 0 in console, 1 to enable.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Perhaps, for those players who aren't so computer literate, your server should have a warning saying:

"WARNING. THIS SERVER CHANGES SETTINGS YOU'RE UNLIKELY TO KNOW HOW TO CHANGE BACK."

Not all of your server's visitors will read this one thread. More likely, the player will become annoyed and frustrated that his/her game is now "broken" and near-unplayable because of your unannounced meddling. Since you can't make your changes temporary, it's inconsiderate of you to make them permanent.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
While I never liked the script, I never had a problem on your server (even though I haven't been therein a long time). I've seen you in game, I don't remember you doing anything out of the ordinary.

Maybe you just mercilessly whipped this accuser's ass?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wonder why I never see you in any other servers but your own *ponders*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
I wonder why I never see you in any other servers but your own *ponders*

1) I get the best ping in my server (Duh)

2) I can control who gets in. I hate having a server full of CS-Kiddies ("OMFG!!>>! WTF>!>?!??!?! HACKS CHEATS! LAME!! STUPID!!! OMFG!!!")

3) I don't like diamonds and on my server I can have everyone on an even playing field.

4) I don't abuse admin in normal situations. If there is a constant annoyer/chat spamer/persistant rule breaker I will abuse them to the fullest extent to humor myself and to apply punishment.

Thats just for starters.

ALSO

I have something NO OTHER server has. I have converted the ESF Manual for people to view IN-GAME! This is VERY helpful for newbie players.

I do not discriminate against newbies. I ONLY get angry when I encounter newbies who don't know anything and yell out "WTF?! CHEATS!! LAME!!!" without bothering to learn anything.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Satan, I have nothing against you but your server actually messed my esf up in 1.1. I was downloading some of the 50+ files needed to join and decided to disconnect. When I did, I got an error and crashed to my desktop. Whenever I tried to connect to a server after that, I got the same error message. Reinstalling didn't fix it so I just reformated (which I was planning on doing anyway). And you really shouldn't change peoples configs man... You changed mine in 1.2, it made my fps like 20 frames lower o_O.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I don't trust your server. Not since you screwed up my configs, and my computer was acting wierd since then.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You screwed up my config as well. I had to change everything all over again. And you dont abuse admin? Wow. Last time i went there, you did nothing but abuse admin. You did everything possible to keep me from fighting. Fair playing ground my ass....remember that amx teleport above my head thing.....yeah......real fair...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Aim above you + teleport, look down, smack.

And what have I done to "screw up" your config?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh, "blah blah change configurations for better performance" better perfomance my ass, i didn't see ANY difference, all i got was a ****ed up computer and had to redo everything to make my esf work to my liking. all my controls i had to put back the way i liked them. Heh, you'll never see me in your server again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As you can see from the first thread, my "configuring" does NOT change controls nor does it "**** up" your computer.

If your computer had problems, it wasn't my fault.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is that why this only happened after i left your server? And is this why it hasn't happened since?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the thing was though, I never once called you a hacker. In fact, I said you tweaked the game or something making it harder to fight, so I said it was a good training op. It was the other guy that pissed me off...and I think he kicked me and not you. If he doesn't want to get hit, then he should stay in spec mode.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's just a guy that hangs out on my teamspeak server. He's a friend. He isn't good at ESF but he doesnt have admin access anymore.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember going there, and had fun knocking you around the server some =D. But yea, it was pretty annoying to lose the little things over the heads. What do you mean it makes you look for them? If I remember correctly, identifying a little triangle over someone's head is still looking for them. Plus, I couldn't tell if he was an enemy or ally before someone got me from behind.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Use your radar.

No diamonds means you actually have to LOOK for the PERSON no just scan the screen and instantly know where people are and what team they are on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom