In place dodge teleport!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd been thinking while talking on the forum about beam spamming, and I thought that a nice addition to gameplay would be being capable of dodging without excess movement. For instance, in the Buu Saga, when Goku is about to throw his Spirit Bomb, Kid Buu fires a bunch of energy blasts at him. At least one of these he teleports, disappears and reappears in the exact same spot.

And in the Ginyu Saga, while Jeice and Burter are swooping at him and firing energy attacks, Goku (unseen by most) dodges them all, but at such speed that you can't see it. If the teleport effect remains the same, the afterimage would sort of create this effect. This in turn would add a fun new element to gameplay (dodging attacks altogether gets old).

But the catch is, though you can do it, it take skill to time it right. Because you'll only be gone momentarily, if you time it too late or too early, you'll get hit, so the move can be used, but not abused. Sound good :) ?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, you can never get something like this to work properly in an online game. Why? simply put, ping.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well in that case you might as well drop teleport swoops whle you're at it. That takes careful timing too and people pull it off. I didn't say it'd have to be easy. Think about us LAN players too :(

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats a clientside process, there's no getting information from other computers to see wether you got the timing is right, its all done on your computer and the information is sent to the server, why'd u think sometimes you teleport and you still get hit =\? Because the message their computer recieves is that you are still there when they swoop into you, even though u might've teleported a second earlier, it takes longer than that reaction for your message to be sent to the server and back than it does for the correct timing, and thus you get hit. Thats to do with ping. Im afraid that it just wont work. Unfortuately ESF is an online game, so you have to compromise things like this.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually think it's a pretty swell ideaerrrr, I hope to see it in 1.3.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In the words of Charlie of "Lost"...oh, bullocks...

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well you can already teleport throo beams. With the right timing you can teleport past the beamhead anr reapear in the beam trail.

Thats actualy a big uprise on the noobs using discs XD

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
J-Dude said:
I'd been thinking while talking on the forum about beam spamming, and I thought that a nice addition to gameplay would be being capable of dodging without excess movement. For instance, in the Buu Saga, when Goku is about to throw his Spirit Bomb, Kid Buu fires a bunch of energy blasts at him. At least one of these he teleports, disappears and reappears in the exact same spot.

And in the Ginyu Saga, while Jeice and Burter are swooping at him and firing energy attacks, Goku (unseen by most) dodges them all, but at such speed that you can't see it. If the teleport effect remains the same, the afterimage would sort of create this effect. This in turn would add a fun new element to gameplay (dodging attacks altogether gets old).

But the catch is, though you can do it, it take skill to time it right. Because you'll only be gone momentarily, if you time it too late or too early, you'll get hit, so the move can be used, but not abused. Sound good :) ?
You know which ever direction you previous moved will be the same direction that the teleport will take you. So you could of flown upwards to end in a static hovering position, and when you teleport, you will be teleported upwards.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That idea rocks. If we could make it so you disappeared for like, 2.5 seconds, it would actually be useful in reasonably low ping! Also, it would be great for avoiding attacks without moving around so much. Plus, A LOT harder to beamspam.

No wait! I've got it! Press the button, disappear for as long you have ki for! It should take energy per second you disappear. This would allow for effecient usage.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It can't be for TOO long. maybe a second or so might work but for balance reasons you can't have them just disappear. They have to go somewhere in DBZ they don't just disintigrate. Besides, if you use it indefinitely then its basically like giving everyone Gohan's shield except instead of the shield you have a veil of invulnerability for everyone. This can't become something you can spam, it has to have a bit of skill to pull off, like chainswooping an tele-swooping.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Why not have it like a timed teleport. I mean if you think about. Goku vanished for nearly a second and reappeared in that episode. Why not make the teleport key a double action key. If you're not moving, you can hold it, so you can vanish for maybe 1/2 a second, and reappear when either you release the key or you reach that 1/2 second limit. And while you're moving, you can do the traditional teleporting.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That might work...sounds like it wouldn't be easy to code, but then again, I know nothing about code, so I'll leave it to ESF workforce members to give their verdict.

Best answers
well this has nothing to do with this toptic but i think they should make an MMORPG off this anime kind. you know. you start with a race select like human, super sayen, bio-mechanical. then a galaxy to travel, train around the hole galaxy, become ssj to ssj5 in rare cases. sounds like an idea eh?? lol
only find people who are crazy enough to do it :-/ lol

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd like to see more emphasis on the idea before I come to my own conclusion on it, sounds interesting so far though.
slayergt said:
Well this has nothing to do with this topic but i think they should make an MMORPG off this anime kind. you know. you start with a race select like human, super sayen, bio-mechanical. then a galaxy to travel, train around the hole galaxy, become ssj to ssj5 in rare cases. sounds like an idea eh?? lol
Get your own thread ;O.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
slayergt said:
well this has nothing to do with this toptic but i think they should make an MMORPG off this anime kind. you know. you start with a race select like human, super sayen, bio-mechanical. then a galaxy to travel, train around the hole galaxy, become ssj to ssj5 in rare cases. sounds like an idea eh?? lol
Yeah, love the idea, but make a thread to talk about it in. Let's not just go off-topic.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You could probably get away with going "transparent" for about 1/2 second which takes up about 1/3 ki. Would that work?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the 2nd Son said:
You could probably get away with going "transparent" for about 1/2 second which takes up about 1/3 ki. Would that work?
That would be cool.

You could see those black 'zip lines', indicating some kind of teleport.

Perhaps the controls to perform this 'in-place teleport' could be
Block + Teleport

That way it still takes a bit more effort than just pressing one button. It also taking about 1/3 of your Ki would be good. It's not supposed to replace teleport altogether, because this 'in-place teleport' has the added benefit of not moving you around, making it easier to rush in at your opponent. If you had teleported to the side, you'd have to readjust your attack angle to hit the enemy.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
That would be cool.

You could see those black 'zip lines', indicating some kind of teleport.

Perhaps the controls to perform this 'in-place teleport' could be
Block + Teleport

That way it still takes a bit more effort than just pressing one button. It also taking about 1/3 of your Ki would be good. It's not supposed to replace teleport altogether, because this 'in-place teleport' has the added benefit of not moving you around, making it easier to rush in at your opponent. If you had teleported to the side, you'd have to readjust your attack angle to hit the enemy.
When I first thought about it, I thought using 1/3 of your ki was excessive. Then I realized that teleporting in place allows your opponent to swoop "through you", which in turn allows you to quickly turn around and hit your opponent without moving from your original position. This move wouldn't be used as an offensive manuever, but as a completely defensive manuever. I'm almost certain people would rather stay completely still and force someone to swoop forward at them every time so that they could get a relatively free hit.

I suggest either a delay be added to powerup after this move is used, or increase the ki drain (from the already suggested 1/3). It is apparent to me that, if implemented, this move will be abused to no end unless there were drawbacks. Using 1/3 of your ki bar isn't a draw back since the knockback after a hit gives the user plenty of time to powerup, and set the stage for act 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom