In place dodge teleport!

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Why would someone WANT to abuse this?

Why would someone WANT to teleport in the same place constantly? There's not much use - if someone's constantly attacking you, you're better off teleporting away. This is just a nice addition to catch your opponent off guard.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Why would someone WANT to teleport in the same place constantly? There's not much use - if someone's constantly attacking you, you're better off teleporting away. This is just a nice addition to catch your opponent off guard.
For the same reason someone would WANT to LSM (last second melee) in 1.1 ;).

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Doesn't ring any bells. Nope. Totally.

Same as HOW-ing. WTF?

[/n00b]

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Why would someone WANT to abuse this?

People abuse aspects of the game because they want to win. They don't care how. As long as they're winning, they're happy. There are many players who prefer to use a reactionary strategy. They will not attack you until you attack them. The best analogy I can think of is Akido. Rather than constantly attack your opponent, you let him come to you and then you use his force against him. If someone is blindly swooping at you over and over, a player would have very little difficulty simply teleporting place and then performing a sidehit.

This move will cause more harm than good unless it is given certain drawbacks that prevent people from abusing it by using it repeatedly. It gives the attacker a chance to defeat the defender without having to resort to long distance combat i.e. gen beams and ki blasts.

LSMing occured in 1.0 and 1.1. Basically, whomever had more ki would get the hit. So person A would wait while person B swooped at him. At the last minute, person A would swoop into person B, and would his his opponent since he had more ki.

HOWing means head-on whoring. These players would rush you over and over. Some say this no longer works, but I can assure you it does as long as the player using it is conciously strategizing.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Omnius said:
People abuse aspects of the game because they want to win. They don't care how. As long as they're winning, they're happy. There are many players who prefer to use a reactionary strategy. They will not attack you until you attack them. The best analogy I can think of is Akido. Rather than constantly attack your opponent, you let him come to you and then you use his force against him. If someone is blindly swooping at you over and over, a player would have very little difficulty simply teleporting place and then performing a sidehit.

This move will cause more harm than good unless it is given certain drawbacks that prevent people from abusing it by using it repeatedly. It gives the attacker a chance to defeat the defender without having to resort to long distance combat i.e. gen beams and ki blasts.

LSMing occured in 1.0 and 1.1. Basically, whomever had more ki would get the hit. So person A would wait while person B swooped at him. At the last minute, person A would swoop into person B, and would his his opponent since he had more ki.

HOWing means head-on whoring. These players would rush you over and over. Some say this no longer works, but I can assure you it does as long as the player using it is conciously strategizing.
1.0 did not have LSM. Since the person who wan was decided by his ping and not his KI like in 1.1

In 1.0 a headon was decided by the folowing factor. If you have less ping than him then you win ^^

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
dude, why the hell did you just revive a topic from 2006?

I never saw this thread though .. and I kind of like the basic idea of this suggestion tbh

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Weird...I had just been looking back through some of my topics last night, and then for some reason the thread gets necroed...

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
How about, if you teleport while blocking, you disappear for like 0.5 - 1 second and reappear on the exact same spot.
I think this would work well ingame and would add a nice little twist to blocking.
So you could either try to block an incoming attack (melee or beam or whatever) and risk some HP or you could try to teleport/vanish for a short time and spend KI rather then HP. Such a teleport would cost at least twice as much KI as a regular teleport.

I'll bring this up at tomorrows team meeting. :)

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
How about, if you teleport while blocking, you disappear for like 0.5 - 1 second and reappear on the exact same spot.
I think this would work well ingame and would add a nice little twist to blocking.
So you could either try to block an incoming attack (melee or beam or whatever) and risk some HP or you could try to teleport/vanish for a short time and spend KI rather then HP. Such a teleport would cost at least twice as much KI as a regular teleport.

Yeah I think that would make more sense cause then you would risk not vanishing long enough from the teleport.

I think its a pretty good idea.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
if this does get in place, it should be at the bottom of the priority list because there are other more important things that need to get finished first

Best answers
Remember when frieza and goku first started there battle on namek. Frieza teleported for a while and goku had to regain focus to sense him. In another episode with the same situation, goku was able to shoot the enemy out of the sky.

Maybe this idea can have someone be invisible but have a silhoutte showing like the ultimate bots because with careful focusing/sensing, one can still see their opponent and shoot them out the sky in esf.

Best answers
Dj-ready! your ideia is VERY COOL!!!!

btw, yeah, it isnt very important now! but it will be great to have this feature in the full 1.3

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
DJ-Ready said:

i havent kept up too much of the new features of 1.3, but how about putting stamina into effect? that way like some people stated before how somehow it can be taken advantage of, well taking stamina will reduce your overall abilities correct? doing something like that kinda keeps it from doing soemthing like this 'every time' incase theres some odd cheap advantage people find with it, yeah they can do it, just not nearly as much to call it an exploit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom