in need of knowledge

Best answers
ive been on this forum for a while and ive been to a few other forums that have art/sigs sections and ive realised that its only on this forum that people know good sigs, so i set to work on making one and then ehh..blanked :'( does anyone have an idea they could spare for a sig for a poor old sig maker?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well go on the artwork section (not sig section) and on the stickies are nice info like good brush sites... get some more... and then try to use them somehow usefuller...

I can tell you how i do sigs mostly... i use brushes with white color.. and the background black. then if i want to make the color on the sig more color full i use 1-3 px. outer glow of this color on the brushes and blend them sometimes... and at the end i use a colorbalance at the end.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's all about brushing, smudging, and using overlay or soft light at this point for me.

My current sig is a w.i.p, but you can see the basic flow I'm pursuing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah smudging is important somehow too... but try not to use filters... i makes the sigs not that good :-\

Well i recommend for dark sigs mostly "Darken,multiply and Overlay"
For light ones "Softlight and Pinlight"

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ermmm tryforce, it depends on what filters you use, i mostly use the gaussian blur and radial blur filters and the cloud filter (as a background where i brush on) the rest is just brush, blend, new layer, brush, blend etc etc, and then end with a 1 or 3 pix border (3 px is what i have on my linkin park sig now)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you use clouds X_X"?

I never use clouds... i only use gaussian blur if i wanna do a better shaped ref pic or a art-cartoonish pic.

I never use filters outer this gaussian blur XD

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a interesting technique to improve an images quality, that I learned from a friend.

1. Paste/Open the image to a photoshop document.

2. Duplicate the layer the image is on.

3. Select "Soft Light" in the layer filter option, at the bottom right.

4. Go to Filter, Blur, then select Gaussian Blur.

5. Set the Gaussian Blur to 1.0, 2.0, or 3.0, whatever looks best for the type of image.

You'll notice the image has a shinier look, and removes a lot of the original pixelationm giving it a smoother look as well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
o_O" you can not duplicate it to .... set it just on gaussian blur with 3.0 or 4.0 and then go on edit and then select: Fade Gaussian blur and set the filter option.... X_X" avnt you known that?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
fade gaussian blur is way easier for those kind of things, and setting it to hard light or something gets rid of some jagged edges (when you couldnt cut it well enough) and gives it a nice effect

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well it good too if you will use your own brushes.... for own brushes you just have to get a white background and you have to color with black... (better in a new layer) then (in ps7 and advance (dunno if its in ps6 too)) you can go on brush browser (dunno how it calls now but its on the right top corner) and then mess abit around witht the browser... then brush abit and then use smudgin, sharping, bluring ... bla blabla and then you will have nice brushes if you´re doing them right ;)

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I prefer to smudge the edges of the images, if the cutting leaves jagged edges, it gives it an almost 3D look.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well with the eareser tool you can do it too... gives a smooth taste of that image...or blur aafter cutting... why the heck only we 3 post? X_X"

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TryForce said:
why the heck only we 3 post? X_X"
I guess we are the only ones who are willing to share the tricks of the trade.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Synth said:
I guess we are the only ones who are willing to share the tricks of the trade.
o_O" if its like that i fell like a dumbass boy :-\ because everybody else who´s good dont tell his styles :(

But im nice XD like you 2 2

Best answers
wow i felt i just took a masterclass in phtoshop usually i just find a subject i know a little about and go through some trial and error until it kinda looks right, hope you guys dont mind if i try your way of doing things do you?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In anything I make looks good, I blame luck. And clowns.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"wow i felt i just took a masterclass in phtoshop usually i just find a subject i know a little about and go through some trial and error until it kinda looks right, hope you guys dont mind if i try your way of doing things do you?"

well i think we dont, because why we had give you then our tips? :]

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah what tryforce said, if we didnt want you to use these techniques....why would we give em? :p, just try using it and develop your own style, and you can become real good at it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom