in DIRE need of help.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, Apparently I managed to rape my computer yesterday. I was on Add/Remove programs when I noticed something I'd never seen before, it was called "SA windows" or something to that extent. Never seen it before, computer worked without it... so I uninstalled it. The removal process went well, and I decided to go play some UT2k4. Well, eventually I decided to restart my computer for whatever reason, and I was greeted by a lovely suprise. Apparently whatever I uninstalled was important, becuase as my computer started up, another message popped up saying that "SA windows has been succesfully uninstalled". That confused me for a second but I decided to ignore it and continue.... but I couldn't. My computer froze, so again, I restarted it. This time there was an even better suprise... The computer started up just fine now... however, every time I typed my password in, It would log me in.. then instantly log me off before I had a chance to do anything. I've tried completley shutting down my computer, I've tried setting Bios/Cmos back to defaults... I've tried taking out the CMOS battery... I've tried safe mode... still, the same results over and over. Does anyone know what the hell I have to do get rid of this problem without re-formatting my computer? I've tried everything that I know, but no success.. any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Reformat? Sounds like a dire need of a reformattage.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you are on xp, try a system restore to back before you removed sa windows.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I cant get into windows, so i cant choose a date.. I can only try the startup option, "Restart with last working configuration" which also doesn't work. allthough since yesterday, I've seemed to make things worse so I'm just going to re-format.. allthough I'd like to thank the people that tried to help me here via forums/IRC.

Best answers
i wonder if u could get sa windows on soem one elses comp and put it on cd and try some ow ot install it

Best answers
No no no dont reformat. Try to do the system restore thing... as soon as you restart your windows, start press F10. I think its F10, if not then its either F11 or F9. It will say summin like "Did you try to use HPs system restore" or summin like that. So its like, you have three options. Reformat everything, reformat some (i never quite figured this one out) or do the date thing. Choose to do the date thing, itll be like a link I think and itll try to boot up windows. See if that works.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I always thought it was F8 o_O
Anyway, try what Isralien said, and if that doesn't work give F8 a whirl - then have a look through the options.

You could also try using the recovery console from your windows cd.

(note.Because the Recovery Console is quite powerful, it is recommended for use only by advanced users or administrators.)

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/...g/productdoc/en/recovery_console_overview.asp

Best answers
Go to a friends take your hard drive out, put it in his machine save everything you need then formatt that dirty drive

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
eh, I ended up reformatting, and now I can't detect my otehr two harddrives. I think i screwed up my IDE cables.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dont even think of reformatting it, just go to save mode.
you can use restore that way easely, only when that doesn't work reformat and not without using this way.^_^

Best answers
Bummer man... I think you should try to get a pro on the case if you dont really know whats going on. Dont wanna screw up your computer any more ya know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom