Improve Kame Torpedo Tracking

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know if anyone else even uses them, but Kame Torps are my favorite signature energy attack. Decent damage, homing, and you can fire six at once - they're also probably the most strategic attack in the game.

However, the tracking (homing) on them is pretty horrible at times. Often they'll ignore the player I fired them at and seek out someone on the other side of the server, or redirect themselves to a point of the map. This is bad because;

1) They're probably duelling someone else. Annoying.
2) If not, they're transforming. Transkilling's bad, mmmkay?
3) They might hit some scenery on the way.
4) The guy you're fighting in uneffected (unless you count laughing at you).

So I suggest an alternative to random tracking, which is that if you have your recticle over a target at the time you release the torpedoes, it will lock on to, and track only them.

Also it might be nice if they had some sort of basic AI to compliment this. Rather than finding a target and going in a straight line toward them, through cliffs or whatever, they could find a path around map brushes to get to the locked-on target. If bots can do this then i'm sure the torpedoes can be programmed to do the same. Obviously they wouldn't be able to circumnavigate their way through the streets of esf_city or anything like that, just enough to stop them hitting the map needlessly.

~fin~

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes! I totally agree with you, I always love those little monsters, especially against noobs, but I agree with you a 100%, thumbs up for this idea!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really hate it when there's, like only 2 other people on the map and I charge 6 torpedos and fire them all....and rather than going after either player, they either fly straight forward, or fly off in some other direction where clearly there is no opponents to be found.

Best answers
well if u played 1.2 when it first cameout the kametorps were exactly like the way u just said but the problem was that everyone complaind about..and it was too over powerd in ssj it was like trying to dodge an Aimbot. although i do like the idea of bringing the homing up abit more cause right now kametorp is my favourite tech and it glitches alot like u can shoot it and it will go off the map or streight into thefloor depending on how u shoot it..

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
if you have your recticle over a target at the time you release the torpedoes, it will lock on to, and track only them.
Mastasurf said:
You're probably wondering what's been going on behind the scenes lately? There isn't anything pretty to show, but I can tell you what's happening in the world `o ESF. For the past few weeks the testing and development staff have been going over a list of attack improvements. Killed With Style compiled a list of suggestions to make attacks useful from various people. In the end our goal is to make every attack useful so that every character can be played equally.
I cant say too much, but I suggested something like this, its good to see others think that way. As for that AI thing.... I dunno its just a simple game players are meant to be able to run away from it to give players a chance.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I also read that, I hope that they improved AI of kame's in that! Bt I won't cry if it stays the same, it's not too bad, just would be a great addition.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KWS said:
I cant say too much, but I suggested something like this, its good to see others think that way. As for that AI thing.... I dunno its just a simple game players are meant to be able to run away from it to give players a chance.
Ah, that's good to hear. Regarding the AI, it was more to make the attack less useless in certain circumstances, not to make it harder for the target to avoid. Kame Torps can almost always be instantly swatted away anyway, but I find them more useful as a distraction maneuver rather than an offensive.

Gon

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Most of the time, kametorpedos home in on energy attacks. I found this out during a couple of experiments and most of the time Kame torpedos usually target a single player in the server. It's lame, but I guess it still works somewhat, but I don't use kame torpedos much, so it really doesn't make any difference for me.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Gon said:
Most of the time, kametorpedos home in on energy attacks. I found this out during a couple of experiments and most of the time Kame torpedos usually target a single player in the server. It's lame, but I guess it still works somewhat, but I don't use kame torpedos much, so it really doesn't make any difference for me.
If they were fixed people would use it more often.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i rarely use kame torpedoes, they just suck too much against experience players to use them. if they homed in more and became useful i'd use them. if they added pressure against opponents i'd used them. it's like frieza's telekinesis in 1.2

Force Pit Member
Best answers
imkongkong said:
i rarely use kame torpedoes, they just suck too much against experience players to use them. if they homed in more and became useful i'd use them. if they added pressure against opponents i'd used them. it's like frieza's telekinesis in 1.2
isn't frieza's "rock" move kind of bad too? I tried this trick out, which also makes them worse (if no one has heard of it). You know how you can drift in the air and start charging a large beam attack. If you do that while charging the rock move in the air, and land on the ground, his rocks will start coming up, like miles away from your character. They should be fixed to where they always appear above frieza.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
As far as i know, the k-wave torpedo's are bugged. They don't "home" correctly because sometimes they aim at something that is not even a player. It's an entiny problem as far as i know.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah. Frieza's Telekenesis is useless. You can do more damage faster and more accurately with a generic beam.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
As far as i know, the k-wave torpedo's are bugged. They don't "home" correctly because sometimes they aim at something that is not even a player. It's an entiny problem as far as i know.
I think you're right. On some maps on an empty server if you charge and fire torpedoes they'll home in on a point in the map and explode at the first brush they touch.

Given the lack of torpedo use, here's a few ideas to make them used more:

1) Charge two at a time like in the show (still caps at 6 though)
2) Make them smaller like 1.1, I have no idea why they're so huge but they were never that big in the show.

Personally I think the homing's fine. It's strong enough to track a player who trys to swoop away from them, but a teleport is usually enough to make them lose track of you.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
maybe they made them bigger because they were so small before in 1.1 they hardly hit anything.

Charging 2 at a time sounds good. Unless your camping in a corner, its really hard to charge all the way up to 6 one by one, and slows the game down.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love camping with them, just when i'm tired of swooping and meleeing, very very funny too, seeing the noobs rn for their lives....HAHAHA!
Oh and I like the 2 at a time suggestion, very nice idea.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah. Frieza's Telekenesis is useless. You can do more damage faster and more accurately with a generic beam.
well i think its made to do damage without using any ki, something that could be handy (if im correct in recalling it uses no ki that is) and its extremely hard to see

still rather use laser though

as for the kame torpedos i think you should be able to fire 2 off at once with a maximum of six they have just a little bit better homing and they go after whoevers closer or whoever your aiming at. the aiming portion being the dominant of the 2)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, but I hate it when they just follow one person, i'd say they follow a guy, then as soon as someone else is closer, BAM! Because then they let it out on the team mate and it's a surprise attack and then you win in any way, but then they fight and one leaves the server, bla blah blah, but would be better though!

nge

Best answers
I've managed to figure a way out (in my head, anyways) in order to use telekineseis effectively. I want to try this as soon as I get my computer operational, which should be fairly soon now.

Back on topic, I'm all for them homeing towards a target under your xhair. Perhaps a secondary feature could be added- If you rightclick while aiming at the target after the torpedo has missed, it could "turn around" for a moderate ki cost and attempt to track them again. (I'm thinking the cost of a single finger laser, perhaps.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom