Best answers
You can't. There is no current .smd importer available for 3DSMax. There IS an exporter, but you need Milkshape to import .smds, then export as a .3ds, then open up 3DSMax and import the .3ds

Trust me on this.

Best answers
hmm , big deal :S , like import ms3d or smd ??? , but there is a plugin , for example i have it

Best answers
*Sigh* Wolf and Ultra stop fighting over some little stupid thing k? K. Mystic........ I HAVE NO CLUE

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You just spammed Z3ro well anyway there could be a plug in but Wolf is right you can do that import smd then export it as 3ds.

Best answers
Z3ro said:
*Sigh* Wolf and Ultra stop fighting over some little stupid thing k? K. Mystic........ I HAVE NO CLUE
... How would you like to kiss my ass? For one thing, we aren't fighting. For another, that was spam. And lastly, grow up.

hmm , big deal , like import ms3d or smd ??? , but there is a plugin , for example i have it
... That made no sense.

There is no 3DSMax .smd importer. I know, I've looked (and used every search engine known to the net). I think there was one for version 2, but since I use 4.2, I wasn't able to get it working. If you're determined to find one anyways, there's MSN, AOL and Google.. You can use those to get best results (others have too many damn pop ups, and usually lead to the same places).

The only way to get .smds into max is the technique I mentioned above: use Milkshape to decompile the .mdl, import the referrence .smd (you need that one to look at any of the animations anyways, and it's the base model, so...) then export it as a .3ds, then import it with Max... After that, all you need is the .smd exporter to save your work (or do the same as above in reverse order... export as .3ds, import .3ds with MS3D, export to .smd)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom