IMPORTANT!! READ!!! PS2 AC Adaptor Recall

Best answers
PLAYSTATION®2 (MODEL # SCPH-70011 and 70012) AC ADAPTOR REPLACEMENT PROGRAM

Please note: This program does not apply to the PSone or the PSP systems.

Sony Computer Entertainment America, in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product and Safety Commission, is voluntarily replacing PlayStation 2 (Model# SCPH-70011 and 70012) AC Adaptors (SCPH-70100) manufactured by Hipro Electronics free of charge. The affected AC Adaptors were packaged with the SCPH-70011 and 70012 models of the PlayStation®2 entertainment system sold after October 2004. Only AC Adaptors manufactured by Hipro Electronics identified with a serial number that begins with the prefix ”F3” within a certain date range are included in this replacement program.

To verify whether or not your PlayStation 2 console requires a replacement AC Adaptor, you will need the following information:

* PlayStation 2 model number
* PlayStation 2 barcode number
* AC Adaptor Manufacturer
* AC Adaptor Date of Manufacture

If you would like assistance locating this information on your PlayStation 2 and AC Adaptor, please click here.

For additional information and to see a list of FAQ’s, please click here .

To check on the status of an order, please click here .

If you are unable to locate the required information on your PlayStation 2 and AC Adaptor, please click here

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why would that model need replacing? Where they faulty or dangerous or what?

Best answers
Yes, the AC adaptor's on those models overheat and melt, or give you a bad shock.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Had my PS2 since day one...all kinds of other stuff, but never this. In fact it technically doesn't have an "AC Adapter"...it's just a cord, there's no 'wall wart' on the PS2.

Best answers
Isn't this to do with the "slim" ps2's? I know that my slim PS2 get's VERY hot, but I think they're all like that.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I couldn't care less, BURN MY HOUSE DOWN PLAYSTATION!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom