Impact of HL 2 ?

Best answers
With the future release of Half-Life 2 with this result in ESF extending into HL 2 territory or will it continue to run on HL 1 forever and ever amen ?

Personally with the release of Half Life 2, I think ESF has potential to make it into the big league runners.

Basically al i want to know is will the future of ESF remain with HL1 or will it expand to HL 2 aswel ?

Kind Regards
Dark Seraphim

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This has had some discussion, but the answer usually comes to no. HL2 is for higher end computers, and many of us playing ESF have low-end computers.

I know the rumors of the coding being easily transfered and such, but when it comes down to things, it's up to the team to decide what and how they will do it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Voila Your question has now been answered.

You know what im going to say
Hint*----->
<-----*Hint

Best answers
i think its stupid they finnally can ad things they coudent before and now they dont want to work on it :rolleyes: and many people want it on hl2 and they ignore people

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ssj3 vegitto said:
i think its stupid they finnally can ad things they coudent before and now they dont want to work on it :rolleyes: and many people want it on hl2 and they ignore people
Well, if you searched around, you'd find multiple answers.
One being that already many players just manage to play esf on the half life engine. Putting it onto half life 2 will let the lower ended computer side of the fans out of their favorite Dragonball Z game :laff:

...but in a year or so's time I personally think they should - DragonDude
Yup, i agree.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, even though they say it's easy to convert your mod, it still takes alot of work. I don't blame them for not wanting to, but in a year or so's time I personally think they should.

Best answers
Yes because if they don't another team is going to come and make (may I say it) greater mod then ESF on HL2 and ESF will probably go down :S.

Best answers
Half-life 2 (and I hope ESF) should be the reason people upgrade their computers. From what I've gathered, the advantages of the HL2 engine are simply too great to ignore. For example, completely interactive and destrucable terrain, without having to code it themselves? That alone would make heaps of people play ESFHL2. Although we'll have to wait to see just how portable it will be in practise.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
computers are expensive, not everyone can buy a good new computer just to play esf

Best answers
With the NForce 2 selling for R4000 Ex. Monitor, anyone can upgrade to a monster gamers machine for a mere penny. So upgrading shouldnt be a major issue for gamers in SA. I know my Dad just bought a NForce 2 for himself in the UK and he said the price was not bad at all considering the spec.

ESF running on Half-Life 2 will offer some major potential for internet gaming to aspire to a new platform of gameplay.

Yes i do agree with the coding not being rewritten as yet until ESF has saturated itself into half-life 1 but expanding to Half-life 2 should seriously be considered in the future.

Kind Regards

Dark Seraphim

Best answers
mm k, you can pick up a decent 1.8 gig comp, with a good geforce 3 for less then a grand if you shop around. Thats more then enough to run h/l 2.

Hell im a university student and i afforded a computer, if the team wants to keep the current comunitee which is mainly composed of people under the age of 17, then maybe their mommys and daddys should go buy them a new friggin system or they should get a friggin JOB.

Personally, gettin a new comunitee here at esf would be a good thing in my mind. the servers are full of little whiney kids who call you a whore if you start winning.

I think h/l two will be more geared for mature gamers, and itd be refreshing to play with someone who can legally buy a drink in north america.

Well that was my rant for the day. Personally,i hope the team does decide to go over to hl2 but if they dont, then thats their desicion and all i gotta say is thanks for the sweet mod.

Edit: wow that was alot of rage, maybe if the friggin tuition in canada hadnt jumped 34% in this year thanks to our god damn government i might have been abit more nice, but ah well.(heh, maybe that politcal club i saw here at uvic is something for me, i can go rage in there)

Best answers
esf is fine for halflife right now, as long as theres good gameplay the graphics arent everything.
It would be a good idea after a year or two of hl2 being released, thinking about converting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom