Immortality is Just Around the Corner

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol ye, what about your hair and your skin? you gonna become grey and/or bold with saggy skin, but I guess nowadays u get things to treat that.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dude, read the article. Eternal youth doesn't mean you get old and **** yourself forever.

Best answers
I think young people with white hair is cool. It might be just my addiction to anime though.
It's like you don't get old, but your hair change to white :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Living longer would be nothing but a good thing for me. I'd love to have a run that long. Reach my prime, and then stay there for a long time. It's true though, something like this would require radical rethinking. Everyone should NOT be able to do this, or at least not to extreme degrees. At any rate you'd have to regulate population. Like, one child to a household. Once the kid is out and about, both parents have to undergo reversible sterilizations.

Seriously though, exciting stuff. Understanding why the human body degrades with age and eventually stops working, and then fixing it.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You should have to chose between a child, or this treatment imo.

Best answers
To everyone that thinks this could make us live forever, you're forgetting one thing. Cells of the body's nervous system don't have the ability to multiply. All cells die out sooner or later, and other bodily cells compensate for this by multiplying, but eventually all your nervous cells would die out, and you'd die.

Even if they found some way to make every cell in the body basically immortal (which isn't the case here apparently), then we'd have a problem with infinite growth.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nobody can live forever even if you never aged.

You will eventually get hit by a truck or get some disease or suffer some other event that will kill you. The older you are the more likely it is you will die regardless of if you are aging or not.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
HAHAHA just seen your sig :p awesome!

i think this is really cool! i wonder if the Folding @ Home program helped at all with the protein information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom