Image Editing/Batch

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was wondering if anyone knew of a program that is able to edit a batch of images rather than having to go through each picture. In this case, I want to resize 76 pictures to a specific size, but I don't want to sit there going through each one.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think photoshop CS2 has some tpye of addon for that.

i forgot what it was called though, but when i acquired it it came with CS2

sorry it was on my other computer and i dont remember what the app was called

try browsing through www.adobe.com

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Those of us who were trained in Photoshop rather than just downloading it and reading "phat tutes" can tell you that the way to do this is to make an Action, and then use the "Batch..." command and run the action on all of the files. Actually really easy--done properly it should take all of ten minutes and will be completely automated. You can even tell it how to name the files and where to save them when it's done.

Edit: All versions of photoshop after 5.5 can do Actions, so you should be good to go if you have access to one that's at all recent.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Those of us who were trained in Photoshop rather than just downloading it and reading "phat tutes" can tell you that the way to do this is to make an Action, and then use the "Batch..." command and run the action on all of the files. Actually really easy--done properly it should take all of ten minutes and will be completely automated. You can even tell it how to name the files and where to save them when it's done.

Edit: All versions of photoshop after 5.5 can do Actions, so you should be good to go if you have access to one that's at all recent.
I have no idea how to do this. I just switched to Photoshop about a month ago after using previously using PhotoDeluxe (a dumbed down version of Photoshop).

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
http://www.imagemagick.org/

1 command can do everything that you described in your initial post... 10 minutes is much longer than required for something so trivial.

You are welcome :)

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kurt` said:
http://www.imagemagick.org/

1 command can do everything that you described in your initial post... 10 minutes is much longer than required for something so trivial.

You are welcome :)
I'll definately have a look at that.

While I'm at it, does anyone know how to get any image you open up in Photoshop to not be locked? I know if you double click on the layer, it unlocks it but I was wondering if there's any way of making it so that every image I open will have all the layers unlocked.

Edit

Nevermind. Image Ready is able to change multiple files at once.

Thanks for the replies.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it would only be unlocked if it was a .psd wouldnt it?

i think its called adobe photo library or something, you can just select all the pictures and they are in nice thumbnails, then resize them.

i dont remember ahhhhh

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Needless to say, there's a million ways to do what you're looking to do.

Just make backups first in case you somehow don't get the results your looking for, that way you can take another crack at it.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I cant remember what its called, but there's a plugin for windows that lets you right click any jpeg/gif/png and have it resized to 1 of 3 options, also works when you select a bunch too, search for image resizing for windows in google or something, from what i remember it didnt take me too long to find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom