I'm tired of Sony's bull****.

Xenon

X
Zeonix said:
Obviously arguing with my opinion is the right thing to do! Obviously!

1) No.

2) I've read pretty much all of them. There were barely any subtle or off-hand jokes in this one. He was merely repeating things I've heard people say time and time again. It's old, and I'm over it. I like him, but I'm not going to say "THIS ARTICLE IS AWESOME" just because he wrote it.

3) Actually, it is a reason. It might not be a good reason, but its a reason.

4) You should probably re-read my post if you weren't able to understand what I typed. I'll spell it out for you this time: When I get bored with my pc games, I don't play with my X-Box, I don't play with my Dreamcast. I play with my PS2 because of the quality of the games, and as stated, I hope this doesn't change with the PS3.

I like how stating my opinion contrary to your own is considered whining. You, like many others, are incapable of accepting other people's opinions without trying to prove them wrong, and for that I consider you a douche.

Stop *****ing about everything Sony does. They're out to make money, and they're making money. They're a business. That is what they do. PS3 is too expensive for you? Get a job, or forget about the PS3. Your loss, not theirs. Whether you buy a PS3 matters not, because at the end of the day Sony will still be richer than you and your offspring, and their offspring and their offspring, etc etc will ever be. Sure, Sony may be less rich because of this endeavor, but they'll still be rich.

Don't start something out of nothing.
Did you call me a douche? Oh, it's on!!!

I don't think I could possibly be more clear.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Xenon said:
Did you call me a douche? Oh, it's on!!!

I don't think I could possibly be more clear.
And this has something to do with Sony.... how?

That's right gents, stay on topic. Zeonix's comment will be dealt with shortly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
................ANWAY!!!

The comment about PS2s are true, but are easilly dealt with. There are a few handy guides online that allow you to open and fix your PS2 yourself, which I do all the time.

Right now, my PS2 is getting disk read errors.....again.....for the 5th time....

However, I have most of the tools to open it. All I'm missing is a tiny phillip's head screwdriver to remove the tiny screws that lead to the laser itself. So pretty much, all you need to fix your PS2 are:

1) A large phillip's head screwdriver to remove traditional size screws (don't ask me on specific size. I'm not THAT tool savvy >.>)
2) A smaller phillip's head screwdriver, mostly used for eye glass repair.
3) Rubbing Alcohol
4) a Q-Tip

Just open the PS2, open the area to the laser, lightly dampen the q-tip with rubbing alcohol, lightly scrub the laser's eye with said q-tip to clean it fully, and finally, if needed, readjust the small white cog inside it as well by a mere 1-2 points. I found the last step to be unneeded, but it works.

Of course...the "void" sticker will need to be removed, but who cares as long as you can fix your own PS2 in a day for free rather than send it to sony who fix it within a month and might possibly charge you for it.

Best answers
~*Logan*~ said:
................ANWAY!!!

The comment about PS2s are true, but are easilly dealt with. There are a few handy guides online that allow you to open and fix your PS2 yourself, which I do all the time.

Right now, my PS2 is getting disk read errors.....again.....for the 5th time....

However, I have most of the tools to open it. All I'm missing is a tiny phillip's head screwdriver to remove the tiny screws that lead to the laser itself. So pretty much, all you need to fix your PS2 are:

1) A large phillip's head screwdriver to remove traditional size screws (don't ask me on specific size. I'm not THAT tool savvy >.>)
2) A smaller phillip's head screwdriver, mostly used for eye glass repair.
3) Rubbing Alcohol
4) a Q-Tip

Just open the PS2, open the area to the laser, lightly dampen the q-tip with rubbing alcohol, lightly scrub the laser's eye with said q-tip to clean it fully, and finally, if needed, readjust the small white cog inside it as well by a mere 1-2 points. I found the last step to be unneeded, but it works.

Of course...the "void" sticker will need to be removed, but who cares as long as you can fix your own PS2 in a day for free rather than send it to sony who fix it within a month and might possibly charge you for it.
Not only will they charge you for it, but with the reduced price of the PS2, you'll feel as if you woulda been better off just buying another one.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah but you misunderstand. We re-buy the PS2 when it breaks because we like it that much. I had a Dreamcast; technically superior system. It got busted one day. Did I go get a new one? No.

Why???

Because it had like 4 good games and I really never enjoyed it that much anyway.

The only two machines I would ever run out and re-buy ASAP, aside from my PC itself, are the PS2, and now the Xbox360. And these days, now that I have the 360, the PS2 is really on it's way off that elite list.

I'm tempted to actually go read the Maddox article at length to see what kind of BS he's pulled out of the internet to fuel this latest pointless tantrum; but I think then I would be too tempted to respond to it. And besides that, I don't want to give that hack another hit on his pathetic geocities-cloned excuse of a website.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maddox's points are few and far between, he fills his arguments with insults and cynicism about the same rhetoric, and yeah, its pretty damn easy to be cynical about a point and repeat it in as many fashions as you like, all you need to know is how to write an essay. However I don't think he even does it right, when somebody is really good at writing he doesn't need to resort to swearing to grab attention, as that's all its there for.

His points were:

-Ps2's broke - but so did other consoles, all my mates with other consoles have had simliar problems with cube and xbox, difference about them, you cant fix them yourself.

-Lik sang selling Psp's to europe, i agree with him on that, but insulting everyone under the sun isnt my cup o tea though.

-He also mentions how badly they're running their gaming division but I wouldn't take business advice of Maddox nor anyone on this forum tbh, when you're a whole team of business men of one of the most successful and biggest corporations I'll listen to your pov.

-Sony hates you.

He used random statistics and opinions to back up everything he said. I don't like articles that are completely one sided, I don't like to remain oblivious to both sides of an argument, I cant then make an unbiased judgement on the matter.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All good points. Though something tells me "unbiased judgment" isn't on the Maddox to-do list. Heh.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah but you misunderstand. We re-buy the PS2 when it breaks because we like it that much. I had a Dreamcast; technically superior system. It got busted one day. Did I go get a new one? No.

Why???

Because it had like 4 good games and I really never enjoyed it that much anyway.

The only two machines I would ever run out and re-buy ASAP, aside from my PC itself, are the PS2, and now the Xbox360. And these days, now that I have the 360, the PS2 is really on it's way off that elite list.

I'm tempted to actually go read the Maddox article at length to see what kind of BS he's pulled out of the internet to fuel this latest pointless tantrum; but I think then I would be too tempted to respond to it. And besides that, I don't want to give that hack another hit on his pathetic geocities-cloned excuse of a website.
So er..what good games does the PS2 have
And don't come out with your american football games, the rest of the world don't play them. Wrestling games died when wrestling died, which was about, i dunno, let's say about 6 years ago? Dunno how it really is, but from my POV from what i see going on with europeans i talk to, both in real life, and over a computer in some way, the only game they talk about is Pro Evolution Soccer. The only games i play at my friends' houses who all own a PS2 is Pro Evolution Soccer. PS3 might be great, but i look forward to you buying your PS3 with nothing to play on it. Get yourself a DVD player. It's oh so much cheaper, and does the only thing you'll be doing with your PS3. Stick with your 360. At least you know what ever game comes out on the PS3 will be out on the 360 sooner or later.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
So er..what good games does the PS2 have
And don't come out with your american football games, the rest of the world don't play them. Wrestling games died when wrestling died, which was about, i dunno, let's say about 6 years ago? Dunno how it really is, but from my POV from what i see going on with europeans i talk to, both in real life, and over a computer in some way, the only game they talk about is Pro Evolution Soccer. The only games i play at my friends' houses who all own a PS2 is Pro Evolution Soccer. PS3 might be great, but i look forward to you buying your PS3 with nothing to play on it. Get yourself a DVD player. It's oh so much cheaper, and does the only thing you'll be doing with your PS3. Stick with your 360. At least you know what ever game comes out on the PS3 will be out on the 360 sooner or later.
you can't really make the judgement, how good a game is depends on the player, it's all personal preference.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well it seems obvious to me you're looking at a niche audience with the Pro Evo Soccer thing. Even so, it is a great soccer game--considering I don't even like soccer, and played it and found it to be very fun. But you seem to only be thinking about sports games. Probably off the top of my head I can rattle off a dozen games that have been happily received by players over the years of the PS2.

I mean, the Final Fantasy games ALONE...god how many of those were there? There's three MGS games, all of which did very well. The "american football" games you think are so bad are actually one of the biggest selling game franchises in existence. Devil My Cry 1, 2, and 3. God of War was another one that jumps to mind.

The wrestling games is a shot near and dear to me but I wasn't too perturbed by it because it has little backing to it. All of the best wrestling games ever made--the Smackdown series, chief among them--were made in the past 6 years, the very timeframe you seem to think wrestling has 'died' during. One of the best wrestling games ever made just came out this week--for the PS2, no less.

At the risk of sounding rude, I really don't count sports titles like Madden or Pro Evo Soccer as 'gamer'-based fanbases. Those are games that people who are fans of the sports pick up--a niche audience at best. My brother is a "sports gamer" so I've gotten an up close view of his and his friends' buying habits. Ask him what Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy, or Metal Gear is, and he wouldn't have the slightest idea; but he knows all about his sports games inside and out. Seems to me that these types of people are the ones you're talking about: sports fans with PS2's, not PS2 owners with sports games.

Also, the PS3 can play blu-ray movies, too--and is about 200 bucks cheaper than a blu-ray player by itself. So it does have uses in the meanwhile--though I agree the launch lineup isn't all that great.

But let's face it--the thing is selling like nobody's business. This "shortage" in supply is working well to Sony's advantage--same as it does every console war, heh.

Best answers
okay i know that i haven't been on in months but really. i going to buy a ps3 and so on i don't care what a loser thinks because if he wrote a whole page of stuff just to make fun of sony. my god he must be a loser, but really who all are still going to buy sonys hardware. i know i will i don't give a **** what that ***** has to say

Best answers
Everything Maddox spoke of was true. Sony, in the past 3-4 years, has treated they're customers like ****. Lik Sang was just one of the many examples. The hidden firmware updates on PSPs is a violation of people's rights to do what they want to do with something they paid 300 dollars for. The rediculously small amount of PS3s Sony is making available is parallel to OPEC cutting production in Oil to drive up prices. It's no different. It's a well known fact that Sony treat their customers like ****. Honestly can anyone give me a good reason why Sony wouldn't want Japanese PSPs in Europe?

And about Sony making money... did someone not look at they're projected losses? 1.6 billion dollars. Sony's stock has lost over 10 points (20%) over the last year (huge cut in company employees 401k and retirement plans).

You can name good games on Sony's consoles all day long. But you should keep in mind Sony didn't make most of them.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Honestly can anyone give me a good reason why Sony wouldn't want Japanese PSPs in Europe?
They're loosing out on the profit they make from making people wait in europe for all those games that come out in japan and dont come out here till much later, not only that but if they wanted psp's to be multi-regional they would've made them like that, like the ps3 will be, and forgive me if im wrong but your next paragraph criticised sony for loosing profit. However, Im against regional coding, but you asked for a reason so I gave it.

How have sony been treating us like **** for the past 3-4 years? prices of games have gone down, and im still as happy as when i first bought my ps2. As for the psp, well some people like it some people dont, if we're being screwed because we don't think its worth that much money then all we do is wait for it to be cheaper. Things don't disappear in the world, and the games that will come out for the psp will excel the later you leave buying one and will be cheaper. Look at xbox, same thing.

Sony have helped push and fund many games, every platform does the same, naming the ones that are most immediately associated with the sony platform is like any other platform - reason's you mite want it.

People claim the ps3 is way too expensive, but I think everyone ignores the blue ray functionality, for years dvd players cost ?200(GBP) and up, you're not only getting blue ray first in your ps3, but you're getting a gaming console too, that alone is worth the extra cash imo. I find, people ***** because they're impatient, well guess what, if you want something first you're gonna have to put up with shelling out extra money, its how capitalism works. I can wait, its not like i cant live without a ps3, there's still plenty of good games comming out on PC and my ps2, still many already out that I dont have. Hell, I'll buy a Wii while im waiting (most likely)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Honestly...if anything you should be thankful that the company has put the integrity of the game market ahead of its own profitability. Same with Microsoft and Xbox Live.

I love how everyone on this board becomes a financial analyst after two trips to wikipedia.org, too...if you're so upset about Sony's profit margin, go shell out 600 bucks and help them out.

Bottom line if you hate Sony so much and you don't own a PS3, you're not a 'customer'--and no, that knock-off second-hand stuff off Lik-sang doesn't count--resale or redistribution of published games is illegal, remember?--and thus, I really don't think you have any right to complain.

Honestly, it's very weak, man. The company is supposedly losing money and customers, it's producing PS3s "that no one in their right mind would buy" at "huge" losses to them, it's stock is allegedly going down (hurray for wikipedia)...and here you are bashing it to hell like they ever did something to you, just because you (read: your parents) bought a generation one PS2 and you started getting disc read errors after FIVE YEARS OF USE.

Yeah. Lead on the righteous crusade. Damn those evil bastards to hell. :0\

Best answers
Just a note, but it's BLU-RAY, not Blue Ray. As seen here.

With the advent of the Blu-Ray format, there's no need for multi-disc games, or even for compression for space concerns (at this time, anyway- wait til the later games, when they talk about how they need to make 2-disc games ;)).

Is the PS3 worth it? Absolutely. Will I be buying one anytime soon? Absolutely not.

I don't buy consoles for drop-dead graphics, or special features, I buy them for their libraries. The PS3 library is gonna be pretty weak well into Q1 of next year, and possibly even Q2. And there's talk of a number of games that aren't supported. I don't want to hear the words "not supported" when you spout that your next generation system is going to be backwards compatible.

That's like the doctor operating and giving you a pacemaker, and then informing you, "Batteries not included." ;)

But then again, the Wii is worthwhile too. Will I be buying one this year? No.

Launch time is always the worst time to buy consoles, and the people who buy them so they can claim bragging rights that they had one of the first ones, need to realize, NOBODY CARES. :D

So, quit your predictions of the end times for Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, or even your grandmother's bakery, and watch what happens. In three years time, I guarantee you that all three companies will still be in business.

Some Whiny Person said:
But, but, but...
But nothing. If you can show me your masters in business management, then I'll consider what you say. Otherwise, you're just a fan boy who dreams of the day your console is the king.

I always get a kick out of the question "Who will win the console wars?", cause the answer will always be NOONE.

Maddox fan boy said:
But Maddox said-
Nothing without thinking first.

Best answers
davidskiwan said:
They're loosing out on the profit they make from making people wait in europe for all those games that come out in japan and dont come out here till much later
So your saying when a European gamer purchases a Japanese PSP Sony some how loses profits because the Europeans are buying their units on the Japanese release as opposed to the European one? I'm no economics expert, but that makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Sony could have easily made enough PS3s to go around, they could have easily released it in Europe as well. Instead, aiming for an early release and purposly cutting back production Sony ****s over a continent and they have to wait months before they get their small shipment of 200,000 units. Explain to me how that is good business ethics? Can someone tell me Sony's fantastical thought process behind this?

I don't hate Sony, I just happen to think they're as bad as EA or Valve when it comes to video games. I am a potential customer. The 200,000 units available here have alienated me. Trust me when I say this, I would give a lung to play MGS4. But now, thanks to Sony's great decision to release so few units, as opposed to paying six-hundred dollars, I have to pay at least three grand for a PS3 if I want one by Christmas.

And don't tell me I don't have the right to complain, everyone has that right. If you don't want to hear people *****ing and moaning, then disconnect yourself from the Internet. That's all it is now-a-days anyway.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So your saying when a European gamer purchases a Japanese PSP Sony some how loses profits because the Europeans are buying their units on the Japanese release as opposed to the European one? I'm no economics expert, but that makes no sense to me whatsoever.
What they were doing was illegal, which means they weren't being supplied from sony, to make some kinda profit on them (scince they're clearly not bought at RRP), that means they must have been getting them from somewhere else. Now that makes sense. What wouldn't make sense is that sony would distribute them to the company, who then sells them to europe and then would sue their own branch.

I wasn't saying you didn't have the right to complain, I was just recommending all you have to do is be patient, I like to solve problems if they're easily fixed, and well that seems to me like a problem that can be avoided.

You say that its not a good business policy to bring out so few on release, well If I was producing the most costly manufactured console, I'd like to let out as little as possible on the first batch, just to see in case they **** up (like the ps2, or the xbox 360) before I go ahead and start to make em by the million. That's more of a service to both customers and sony than anything else. Plus they know they will all sell, and that'll fund the next line of production.

Best answers
There's a Reason why it's called Sony Europe. OMG, I think you must've forgot that part. Quick lesson, Sony is broken down into continents & countries. It will be bad for Sony Europe if people are importing.

The fact of the matter is, is that it was illegal before Lik~Sang did it and yet they broke the law so guess what? Sony Europe took action.

Sony could have easily made enough PS3s to go around, they could have easily released it in Europe as well. Instead, aiming for an early release and purposly cutting back production Sony ****s over a continent and they have to wait months before they get their small shipment of 200,000 units. Explain to me how that is good business ethics? Can someone tell me Sony's fantastical thought process behind this?
Before giving you answers, let's talk about these ignorant statements leading to your questions.
*How do you know Sony could have easily done it? Do you hang out with the CEOs?
*Babies aren't running Sony, probably individuals that know more about buisness and ethics than you nor I will ever know.
*It doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell you that they are going to do what's most profitable and consumer satisfying. Now after saying that why would they hold back on Europe, because it's neither.

Oh and Japan only had 100,000 and yet that's where Sony originates from. Shocking, I know.

I don't hate Sony, I just happen to think they're as bad as EA or Valve when it comes to video games. I am a potential customer. The 200,000 units available here have alienated me. Trust me when I say this, I would give a lung to play MGS4. But now, thanks to Sony's great decision to release so few units, as opposed to paying six-hundred dollars, I have to pay at least three grand for a PS3 if I want one by Christmas.
Good thing having a PS3 by Christmas isn't a nessecity now is it?

And don't tell me I don't have the right to complain, everyone has that right. If you don't want to hear people *****ing and moaning, then disconnect yourself from the Internet. That's all it is now-a-days anyway.
Oh, you can complain, you just make yourself seem ignorant when you do.

Best answers
Hishi said:
There's a Reason why it's called Sony Europe. OMG, I think you must've forgot that part. Quick lesson, Sony is broken down into continents & countries. It will be bad for Sony Europe if people are importing.

The fact of the matter is, is that it was illegal before Lik~Sang did it and yet they broke the law so guess what? Sony Europe took action.
Oh noes! Sony Europe must have been losing... hundreds of dollars to Sony Japan! How awful. </sarcasm> You know I think that's a small price to pay for customer satisfaction. Sony is, after all, losing over $200 dollars per PS3 in the name of customer satisfaction. A couple thousand more would have surely crushed Sony huh?
Hishi said:
Before giving you answers, let's talk about these ignorant statements leading to your questions.
*How do you know Sony could have easily done it? Do you hang out with the CEOs?
*Babies aren't running Sony, probably individuals that know more about buisness and ethics than you nor I will ever know.
*It doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell you that they are going to do what's most profitable and consumer satisfying. Now after saying that why would they hold back on Europe, because it's neither.

Oh and Japan only had 100,000 and yet that's where Sony originates from. Shocking, I know.
How do I know Sony could have done it? Maybe it has something to do with Sony being a multi billion dollar corporation. Cutting back the release date 6 months or so could and would have easily solved the shortages. It doesn't take a "rocket scientist" to figure that one out. And please, do explain to me how alienating a continent is consumer satisfying and/or profitable for that matter?

Hishi said:
Good thing having a PS3 by Christmas isn't a nessecity now is it?
It may not be a "nessecity" but I know damn well if I were a CEO of a business that was aiming for a Christmas release date on a product, I would make sure everyone that wanted the product could get it by Christmas, and didn't have to pay 3k for it and/or get hypothermia sitting outside for days and/or get shot.
Hishi said:
Oh, you can complain, you just make yourself seem ignorant when you do.
And you can retort my posts all day long, just know I won't let you get away with calling me ignorant. I'm not your average Sony hating [insert company here] fanboy.

Best answers
Oh noes! Sony Europe must have been losing... hundreds of dollars to Sony Japan! How awful. </sarcasm> You know I think that's a small price to pay for customer satisfaction. Sony is, after all, losing over $200 dollars per PS3 in the name of customer satisfaction. A couple thousand more would have surely crushed Sony huh?
Let's see here.... I'm sure Lik~Sang sold quite a few PSPs... a couple hundred dollars is a understatement.

Like I said... illegal before they did it so guess what .... LEAGAL action can be taken. And guess what... Lik~Sang didnt go to court. I wonder why.

How do I know Sony could have done it? Maybe it has something to do with Sony being a multi billion dollar corporation. Cutting back the release date 6 months or so could and would have easily solved the shortages. It doesn't take a "rocket scientist" to figure that one out. And please, do explain to me how alienating a continent is consumer satisfying and/or profitable for that matter?
Money goes only so far when controlling speed. It's not like the Sony CEOs can hit the "Easy" button and everything's alright.

It may not be a "nessecity" but I know damn well if I were a CEO of a business that was aiming for a Christmas release date on a product, I would make sure everyone that wanted the product could get it by Christmas, and didn't have to pay 3k for it and/or get hypothermia sitting outside for days and/or get shot.
Again... Sony can't hit the "Easy" button and make everything better. Would you really want millions of PS3s goin out that have possible bugs in them? The first shipments to me are like bug testing anyways.

And you can retort my posts all day long, just know I won't let you get away with calling me ignorant. I'm not your average Sony hating [insert company here] fanboy.
Good for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom