I'm tired of Sony's bull****.

Best answers
And regarding the Lik-Sang situation, they got shut down because they sold PSPs to the Euro market, before the Euro PSP was distributed (thus, making it as akin to an employee leaking a game over the internet), not because Lik-Sang was selling imported hardware.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
For Christ's sake Pride, you pull this BS every time there's a SONY thread.

You don't agree? Fine. But don't go dragging the thread off topic with your own little rant. We know you can't take any criticism against SONY. You don't need to remind us.

I think Maddox is right, and he has valid points. SONY's been pulling us through the crapper, selling us sub-par hardware at ridiculous prices for years. He's just saying what we're all thinking, deep down. SONY doesn't give a **** about you or me, they just want you to buy their crap. Their shoddy hardware actually works out pretty well for them - they cut costs by installing ****ty lenses, and when they break? No problem! People'll go out and buy a brand new PS2!

I can't wait to see what kind of **** they'll pull with the PS3.
Disagreeing isn't dragging the thread offtopic. I have been keeping threads ontopic on this forum for two years, don't tell me what's ontopic and what isn't.

I don't agree, okay? DEAL WITH IT. It's my right to not agree and you don't have a right to yell at me because you don't like what I have to say. Get heated all you want, but stay respectful.

I have always thought Maddox sucked, so don't come on with that Sony crap. I bought an Xbox last month and haven't looked back since. I didn't even read it--because he's just going to rehash the same crap that he's read on tons of other forums. The internet is ablaze with anti-sony sentiment and propaganda; this is just bandwagon crap, same as this forum, same as YOU antagonizing me because I don't have Mario mahogany.

Whether you hate Sony or not, it doesn't change the fact that I perceive Maddox as a talentless loser with no worthwhile insight on anything.

So sorry for thinking that way. But you're going to have to learn to deal with it, because I'm starting to get really tired of you jumping on my back every time I post what I think about stuff.

Seriously. Get over it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As much as id hate to admit it. But id love to have a PS3. For one soul pourpouse >.<

MGS games. Kojima screwd me up with making MGS a console game. Heck i have parts 1 and 2 for PC. BUt i want to play the other two aswell.

So that leaves me with getting a PS3 (if i ever find the founds XD).

Sony is doing sone ****ting round but putting it straight. Wich company isnt. The bigger the company the more they **** up.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
I have always thought Maddox sucked, so don't come on with that Sony crap.
That's a little fallacy we like to call ad hominem. Look it up if you want to understand why it flaws your entire argument.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's a little fallacy we like to call ad hominem. Look it up if you want to understand why it flaws your entire argument.
Now you've gone and brought logic into it. This is the internet, damnit! Logic has no place here!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know what ad hominem is; is it not what was done to ME, earlier by Shyo?

I can detract any anti-Sony point made by anyone here (I already have a million times, in fact). What makes you think I--an editorially-trained writer--could not just as easily read Maddox's points and crush his uneducated rant under my heel?

Don't feed me that ad hominem high-and-mighty track, man. I came in here saying Maddox is lame and that he is a bandwagon jumping coward for attacking a company already under heat from the entire rest of the internet.

If you would like, I will do just as you wish, and counter every point made with logic and with appeal to the reasoning side of things. But my reasoning is often lost on this userbase, firstly...and secondly, even when it is not, who am I to try and break another person's opinion?

That is the key difference. The points I will make, will further my point of view and let you see why I see it. I won't try to convince you that you should convert; and as evidenced by this thread, I won't jump on a safe side of any topic just for the ease of a victory in discussion...

...things that cannot be said for the userbase as a whole, lately.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just for reference, I reserve the right to process folks through the disciplinary system when they rag on Pride or anyone else as seen in a post a few spots above mine. Some people around here need to start recognizing the fact that atypical opinions (yes, that includes Pride's) are just that - opinions. There is no rule that states that every member must hold the same opinion, nor is there a rule that states that such opinions must be kept to oneself (unless, naturally, they are offensive to other members; Pride has not crossed that line here).

I don't expect to see any more posts singling people out for posting their opinions. If someone has a legitimate problem with a posted opinion that they can point out to me in private, I'll be happy to listen. But trying to be a forum vigilante won't fly on my watch.

EDIT - Also, I don't believe I need to explain why this debate over the validity of Pride's post will cease immediately. This thread is not "The People VS SaiyanPrideXIX".

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how can you go off topic in th off topic section? seriously...

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I think that "off-topic" just implies that it is not related to any of the other topics on the board and that it serves as a "general chat" kind of forum.

Still, there are "topics" in the off-topic section and we should probably keep to them so that there is still some order being kept.
(imo that is).
I hate it when I make no sense at all
I am not a fan of Sony and Maddox does raise some good points. I would probably not buy the ps3 and just go for the 360, mainly because its a lot cheaper. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I find it odd how a topic about Maddox's rant on the PS3 became a topic about how people like or hate maddox. As much as some people don't think so, this topic has strayed off course. Remember...the topic is made about the rant itself. Not the man who wrote the rant.

Personally, I don't know the full story about Lik-Sang. All I do know is that Sony's general media isn't at the top of it's game. I'm a sony fan. Always have been, which is why I hope they pull out of this media decline.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Sony, At the MOMENT, is not looking rather flash.
They could not get alot of units out the doors, and with only 100k of units for US and Japan, of course they will sell out, Its not us -the tech and game savvy that will probably buy the consoles, its Average Joe, who has no idea that the PS3 and Xbox 360 are actually similar features and performance wise.
1 has Blue ray, the other has HD DVD.
But what is really going to be interesting, would be Nintendo's launch.
Nintendo had their spot at No.1 with the Nes and Snes, Sony with the PS1 and PS2.
All i can say, competition is allways great for the consumer :) I just personally
dont see any point to the exhorbant prices of the PS3.
I myself, dont own a HD TV so I'll jump onto the Wii bandwagon and wait for price drops from the other companies.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mmmm the sweet sweet taste of off topic-ness.

I like maddox, it's fun to laugh at him. Anyone can do what he does. I do it all the time. I do it on these forums. I just do it with less insulting. And if I do insult someone, i'll insult myself to counter balance it.

I'll agree with Pride when he says what Maddox does is nothing special. I'll agree with hybrid that what he brings about is something that shouldn't be ignored. That will be all. Now get the **** back to work *****es.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ZeroNightmare said:
how can you go off topic in th off topic section? seriously...
The off-topic forum is named because it's content is off the topic of the rest of the forums, IE ESF. So you can go off topic here very easily.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What can I say. I enjoyed the article, not because of the message, but because I always enjoy maddox.

Best answers
Pemalite said:
They could not get alot of units out the doors, and with only 100k of units for US and Japan, of course they will sell out, Its not us
Just a slight correction.... the U.S. is getting 400,000 PS3s and Japan's getting 100,000.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maddox's words speak the truth on Sony. I haven't touched anything made by Sony for a long time, and I count that as a blessing. Every Sony Optical drive I have come across has had some defect (My friend's dvd rom died, and his cd burner after 6mths of use started to fizzle out, make werid noises and could not burn cds properly). We had fun smashing the **** out of those optical drives :). He didn't bother returning them under warranty since I persuaded him to buy a Pioneer dvd burner.

Best answers
Majin_You said:
Just for reference, I reserve the right to process folks through the disciplinary system when they rag on Pride or anyone else as seen in a post a few spots above mine. Some people around here need to start recognizing the fact that atypical opinions (yes, that includes Pride's) are just that - opinions. There is no rule that states that every member must hold the same opinion, nor is there a rule that states that such opinions must be kept to oneself (unless, naturally, they are offensive to other members; Pride has not crossed that line here).

I don't expect to see any more posts singling people out for posting their opinions. If someone has a legitimate problem with a posted opinion that they can point out to me in private, I'll be happy to listen. But trying to be a forum vigilante won't fly on my watch.

EDIT - Also, I don't believe I need to explain why this debate over the validity of Pride's post will cease immediately. This thread is not "The People VS SaiyanPrideXIX".
But we don't like him, or his opinions.

By the way, I'm sorry Pride, I mean, you've never done anything to me, not personally, but to be honest, when you say something, it's almost always in direct contradiction to my own opinions. You opinions on Ninendo, on Sony, on Apple, and now, Maddox... hard not to have a strong dislike accumulate for a guy like that, :p. I just happen to not respect other people opinions, choosing instead to disregard them entirely. Funny quirk in my character.

On top of that, I just burnt my thumb, and it still stings, so I'm a bit pissed off.

Meanwhile, on topic - I agree with Maddox. I own a PSP, being one of the ones that jumped on that bandwagon, and regret it. it's become little more than something that balances out my table legs. eBay ahoy, methinks. I feel like that guy, that final, sane man, at the end of Invasion of the Body Snatchers; I'm the only one that sees the truth, that Sony ****s us, their 'adoring public', at every turn.

Except now, it seems other people think likewise.

All that aside, I alway enjoy a Maddox aritcle.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I usually enjoy Maddox's articles, but I didn't laugh at this one. It seemed like he was...was...being serious or something. This was a hit or miss article and it missed for me.

I didn't really care who won the "console war" up to this point, but now I hope Sony destroys everyone. Why? I hate people who jump on bandwagons every single time one of them comes around. Unfortunately, a lot of the people here fit into that category.

I still have a first gen PS2 that works and I find myself going back to that instead of my other consoles whenever I get bored of my pc games. I'm not one for long-term commitments but the PS2 won my heart and I hope the PS3 will do the same. I don't care about the PSP or any handheld gaming device because I go outside to get away from games, not to continue playing them next to a tree.

Xenon

X
Zeonix said:
I usually enjoy Maddox's articles, but I didn't laugh at this one. It seemed like he was...was...being serious or something. This was a hit or miss article and it missed for me.

I didn't really care who won the "console war" up to this point, but now I hope Sony destroys everyone. Why? I hate people who jump on bandwagons every single time one of them comes around. Unfortunately, a lot of the people here fit into that category.

I still have a first gen PS2 that works and I find myself going back to that instead of my other consoles whenever I get bored of my pc games. I'm not one for long-term commitments but the PS2 won my heart and I hope the PS3 will do the same. I don't care about the PSP or any handheld gaming device because I go outside to get away from games, not to continue playing them next to a tree.
1. Bandwagons are fun, especially if dragged along by sheep, instead of horses.

2. That's the beauty of Maddox's articles. He sounds serious, but it makes you laugh the way he tells it.

3. That is NO reason to wish for Sony to destroy everyone.

4. Ok? What does your PC boredom have to do with the discussion?

4 1/2. Who says you have to play your PSP next to a tree? Play it on the bus, or while you're driving to work (Scary, but my best friend actually watches DVDs while he's driving to work). Or you could just stop whining, and let the world continue to run it's course (straight into hell).

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Obviously arguing with my opinion is the right thing to do! Obviously!

1) No.

2) I've read pretty much all of them. There were barely any subtle or off-hand jokes in this one. He was merely repeating things I've heard people say time and time again. It's old, and I'm over it. I like him, but I'm not going to say "THIS ARTICLE IS AWESOME" just because he wrote it.

3) Actually, it is a reason. It might not be a good reason, but its a reason.

4) You should probably re-read my post if you weren't able to understand what I typed. I'll spell it out for you this time: When I get bored with my pc games, I don't play with my X-Box, I don't play with my Dreamcast. I play with my PS2 because of the quality of the games, and as stated, I hope this doesn't change with the PS3.

I like how stating my opinion contrary to your own is considered whining. You, like many others, are incapable of accepting other people's opinions without trying to prove them wrong, and for that I consider you a douche.

Stop *****ing about everything Sony does. They're out to make money, and they're making money. They're a business. That is what they do. PS3 is too expensive for you? Get a job, or forget about the PS3. Your loss, not theirs. Whether you buy a PS3 matters not, because at the end of the day Sony will still be richer than you and your offspring, and their offspring and their offspring, etc etc will ever be. Sure, Sony may be less rich because of this endeavor, but they'll still be rich.

Don't start something out of nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom