im sad...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heck, I became such a big fan that it nearly consumed my life (well, back in my kiddie days it was 2nd on my list next to pokemon :(). I still watch dbz from time to time, got some gt too but dunno what ever happened to my gt stuff. When I can find it and have better net, I promised myself to get some naruto.

Best answers
Iv been a fan of anime since about the age of 6 and DB/Z/GT was good but like everyone here said the storys were dragged out some and just repeated itself, but ya saying that if it was not made you prob would not see the likes naruto now a days which that is sucking a lot of ppl into. There are some great anime out there like Neon Genesis Evangelion and so on but if you dont like that kinda anime check out the movies like Ghost in a shell, Ninja Scroll and Akira. DB/Z/GT is dead now and the best thing to fill that gap is to find a new show :D Akira PWNS prob one of the best movies ever made :)

Best answers
yahh mccdb.. man the only reason why i like dbz is because its not similar to the things most anime shows have...demons, and weird things like you said....

anyway, i looked at the mangas u just showed me and they do look alot like the actual dbz work... il check em out... thx

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats cuz the same guy wrote and drew them -_-" akira toriyama anybody?

Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
thats cuz the same guy wrote and drew them -_-" akira toriyama anybody?
akira toriyama is a great writer/artist, but i ant checked out his other stuff guess i really should but at the moment iv been trying to find .Hack//sign eps but no luck :S

Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Akira HATES GT. He wanted nothing to do with it.

SSJ4 and all that crap was not his invention. He hates it.
He doesn't HATE GT. The character designs were all more or less started by him, then finished and edited by the GT artists. I've never seen a source that says Akira despises GT.

wikipedia said:
Note that this form is non-canonical to the original manga and anime by Akira Toriyama as it only appears in the anime Dragon Ball GT and that this is the only form that wasn't actually designed by Akira Toriyama, but by Dragon Ball GT character designer Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru. However, Toriyama created several of the character designs for the series, and has stated that the series more or less went in a direction that he himself would have taken it. In the Japanese DVD boxed set of Dragon Ball GT, released in June 2005, a sketch of Super Saiyan 4 Goku by Akira Toriyama was included as an extra, thus sealing his acceptance of this form.
and GT isnt all that bad, I found it entertaining D:

Best answers
Gt was ok i guess but only if u really really liked DBZ. I was kinda sad at first because it was over but then i realized ive only seen like 3 of the movies and there are quite a few of them and i havent seen the last episode of GT. There are other awesome animes out there though, always will be I watch One Piece now its the **** lol. Yu yu hakusho is good too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DBZ isn't all that good compared to modern day anime, and especially compared to some of the real classics, like Giant Robo, The Guyver, Teknoman, Berserk, etc.

And not all anime except for DBZ is about "demons and other weird stuff".

There's many different genres, all touching very different subjects.

It would be worth your time to do a little research and to try out different shows, and not just dismiss all other anime just because it isn't like DBZ. That's just narrow-minded.

Best answers
DBZ does happen to be one of my favorite animes, but I agree with Shioyjin (sp? lol), you shouldn't dismiss all other anime because DBZ is gone. I recommend trying out Full Metal Alchemist is you want a story driven one, or Hellsing if you want something that has style over substance.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Banana! said:
DBZ does happen to be one of my favorite animes, but I agree with Shioyjin (sp? lol), you shouldn't dismiss all other anime because DBZ is gone. I recommend trying out Full Metal Alchemist is you want a story driven one, or Hellsing if you want something that has style over substance.
You can call me Shiyo, if that's easier. Most of my friends do.

Hellsing is indeed a great show, it has lots of great action, and it's quite bloody.

I can also recommend Trigun if you like lots of action, great humor and a great story, but little actual violence.

Furthermore, Noir has great music and a good story, good action and very little violence.

I can also recommend about a dozen mecha anime, but I think he said he didn't like stuff like Gundam Wing, by which I think he means all mecha anime.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DBZ isn't different from regular animes, it combines different things in it. The only thingthat stands out to people are 'giant laser' or 'overly muscled men trying to take a crap'.

They have the demons (frieza, cell, buu, dabura), your mechs (red ribbon army, androids, cyborg), your sword fights (Trunks), your martials arts, a powered up form, a badass that every other person has as their favorite character, your perverted old men, and laughing at the end of an episode for a non funny moment.

I just don't get why Akira seems like he hates it. He went and shaped the idea of 'ki' into a series of super warriors and villains. I think he coulda made something even better with that idea.

Best answers
"Ki" wasnt his idea. It's a very old theory about a person's life force... ancient. "Ki" has multiple names.. Maybe you've heard of them.. "chi" and "chakra" to name a couple. And truth be known, just about every anime has that in it, in SOME way...

Best answers
DB/DBZ is awesome GT was good to but it wasnt all that good compared to DBZ well there alot of anime that u might enjoy so search around and theres are alot more things to be sad about then this like skool and other things

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Dragonball/z/gt is dead get over it.
No more all gone.
watch something good like bleach.

Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Akira HATES GT. He wanted nothing to do with it.

SSJ4 and all that crap was not his invention. He hates it.
I share his hate.

Everything ends sometime, somewhere. No reason being a crybaby because of it.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sad. Over an anime!? I hope you know, the end of an Anime isn't a death. That's just sad, you're basicly getting emotional over an anime not showing anymore. Just sad. And GT was the worst anime ever. So was Z. I liked the original Dragonball. It was an okay show. =/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
didnt AT do the artwork for the chrono trigger tralier for SNES? it looked some similar to dbz the eyes muscles etc.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mf29 said:
didnt AT do the artwork for the chrono trigger tralier for SNES? it looked some similar to dbz the eyes muscles etc.
Yes, you are correct. Akira did the artwork for both the game and the trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom