Im not checking for a new computer but..

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I want to see the price range.

So my question is for our professionals of that topic here and everyone else:

So what is the best computer (By your opinion at least) you can get for me with a budget of 800 US Dollars
But notice, we got high tax in Israel so you can about increase YOUR subtotal by about 35%

I'm looking for something good, good cooling so my PC won't turn into a stove. Good performance for gaming, Preferably more Ram, at least 5.1 audio channel and good hard disk space.

Heres something I just improvised but I got pretty low cost, a bit less than 500$

ARCTIC-COOLING FREEZER 64 PRO SOCKET 754,939,AM2

GEFORCE GIGABYTE
GYGABITE GV-NX85T512HP GEFORCE 8500GT 512MB PCI-E

GIGABYTE M.B FOR INTEL
GIGABYTE GA-G33M-DS2R (S775) INTEL G33 SOUND LAN SATA

INTEL CORE 2 DUO
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ 2MB 64BIT LGA775 BOX

KINGSTON DDR2
KINGSTON DDR2 2GB 667MHZ CL5 PC2-5300 KIT (buy 2 of them than its 4GB)

WESTERN DIGITAL
W.D WD2500AAKS 250GB SATA II 7200RPM 16MB BUFFER

Your turns xD

Note: Not with a LCD screen or anything, just the required stuff (yeah no keyboards, mouse or whatever, but you can do speakers)

Try for yourself, same company I tried http://www.gibornet.co.il/?page=sborka/index&

Its subtotaled in NIS (NIS = New Israeli Shekel) As stated above 1 US Dollar = 3.5 Shekel

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersio...asp?WishListNumber=6384945&WishListTitle=deco

The Freezer 64 Pro mounts onto a socket used by AMD CPUs. The Freezer 7 Pro is what you wanted, so I fixed that. Dropped your CPU for one of the more high end Core 2 Duo CPUs. Got you a nice 640GB hard drive, which is nice to have. Dropped that mobo for a P35. Much better board overall. My brother uses one with one of the older dual-core Pentiums with the Freezer 7 Pro. It's a beast. Dropped the 8500 GT for the 8600 GTS.

If you've got any questions, feel free to ask. Not sure if you can find this stuff way out there since I don't live there myself. If that's the case, I can try to find some other components.

Last edited:
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The 8500GT 512MB doesn't make much sense. The card isn't fast enough to make use of all that RAM--the only reason you'd need the RAM is if you were using very high resolutions (1920x1200+) but the card doesn't have the kind of power to drive those resolutions anyway.

The four most important factors in a gaming rig are, in order:

1) GPU - Invest the most in this. Nothing has a bigger effect. You can get 8800GTs (512MB. Don't get the 256MB version) for as low as $130. -Very much worth it.-
2) CPU - The CPU you selected is a decent one and will serve you well.
3) RAM - No reason at all to get 667MHz DDR2. You can get premium DDR2-800MHz Corsair XMS2 for as low as $29.99 per 2GB. Prices are a little higher right now, but they fluctuate.
4) Hard drive speed. There are better, but for the price--the one you picked should be fine.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersio...asp?WishListNumber=6384945&WishListTitle=deco

The Freezer 64 Pro mounts onto a socket used by AMD CPUs. The Freezer 7 Pro is what you wanted, so I fixed that. Dropped your CPU for one of the more high end Core 2 Duo CPUs. Got you a nice 640GB hard drive, which is nice to have. Dropped that mobo for a P35. Much better board overall. My brother uses one with one of the older dual-core Pentiums with the Freezer 7 Pro. It's a beast. Dropped the 8500 GT for the 8600 GTS.

If you've got any questions, feel free to ask. Not sure if you can find this stuff way out there since I don't live there myself. If that's the case, I can try to find some other components.
Hmm I see, thanks, anyway you can try again and dropping about 150-200$?

But the processor looks to me pretty weak ain't it? (only 2.2)

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm I see, thanks, anyway you can try again and dropping about 150-200$?

But the processor looks to me pretty weak ain't it? (only 2.2)
Unfortunately, the days of judging a processor by it's clockspeed are gone. My CPU, for instance, an Intel Quadcore Q6600 runs at 2.4GHz stock clockspeed. I do have mine overclocked to 3.2GHz, but even at the default speed--Core 2 and Quad chips are significantly to much than, say, a 3GHz Pentium IV.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Unfortunately, the days of judging a processor by it's clockspeed are gone. My CPU, for instance, an Intel Quadcore Q6600 runs at 2.4GHz stock clockspeed. I do have mine overclocked to 3.2GHz, but even at the default speed--Core 2 and Quad chips are significantly to much than, say, a 3GHz Pentium IV.
Can you explain me how it works?

Like a Core 2 Duo of lets say 2.2 GHZ is actually 4.4 GHZ overall? (2.2x2)

And what is the difference between Dual core or Dual Core 2 compared to Core 2 Duo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom