I'm moving to California

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Isn't the only reason that it is not legal is because they dont know how to tax it?

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Weed first became federally illegal in the US because of a method of taxation - The Marijuana Tax Act of 1937. Possession was only permitted through being issued with a special tax certificate. Since no certificates were issued, it effectively became illegal.

Anslinger hasnt made many friends over the years, thats for sure.

Discord Member
Best answers
all this is true..but it doesn't change the fact that frequent use of marijuana destroys your brain :p

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
all this is true..but it doesn't change the fact that frequent use of marijuana destroys your brain :p
Overuse does. But normal consumption is actually healthy providing you use a way of filtering out the direct smoke particles. Meaning vaporiser or bong. Hell there are lotsw of scientific facts of the positive effect of the stuff.

Oh and no it doesnt destroy the brain. The damage from that thing commes from inhailing hot smoke thats worse than cigarettes. But if you filter that out by suing a vaporiser or a bing it actualls has more positive effects than negative.

People are so missinformed abbout that stuff. Heck there are plenty of scientific books on it and there are quite a few doctors out there who use it as medecine for certain ilnesses.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
So does alcohol, and it's still not illegal. That, and I am probably more annoyed with people who overuse alcohol and are drunkards than I am with people who use marijuana.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Alcohol is legal. But not marijuana. Makes so much sense!!!

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The legalised drugs (including pharmaceuticals) have probably killed the same number of people killed by anything else X 1000.

If I recall correctly, THC has so far, on record, killed only one person over centuries, and that one person apparently had a neurological disfunction which inadvertantly allowed his brain to store THC over a large period of time, eventually overdosing after several years of use. This person was predestined to have a stroke eventually anyway.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont see any reason to joke, puff puff give already.

The Brain Freezer
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
now that's progress =-)

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
haha I lit one after work and came to reading this.

It would help the economy in california, people's defense to that is "they won't make money since people will just grow their own."

No.

Weed is a pain in the ass to grow. Plus not many people brew their own beer.

As for the damages ...yea... weed is really. really. really. hard to overdose on. The only unhealthy thing about marijuana is the smoking part. Smoking anything is bad.

If you want to talk about brain damage...

shadowcast said:
Ever heard of those cases where people nearly drown or suffocate but are permanently retarded because of the severe damage lack of oxygen to the brain has done?

The effects on alcohol are mainly felt because...dun dun dun...a lack of oxygen to your brain. That's mainly what makes you feel drunk.

Not saying anything against you personally, shadowcast, I just had to use your quote.

And alcohol can build dependency...waaaaay more adverse health defects. The liver gets destroyed...it's an important organ (I think the only artificial liver or anything close to it was pretty massive.) And that's the legal drug.

Funny thing, Crime escalated during the alcohol prohibition in the US. Bootlegging, thefts, assaults. and murders related to trafficing alcohol.

This all stopped when that was lifted.
People are going to get ****ed up. Whether their legal or not. Plus legalizing it would destroy the street value, thus cutting off funding to the drug cartels in Mexico. (although they get most of their money on hey-ron) slashing more crime..helping stuff...ya know.

D:

I have to work in 8 hours I need to go to bed.

Red Saiyan Mod
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Wow, looks like I need to move back to Cali. I grew up there, in a small town called Sausalito.
The town was basically a tourist attraction. We had waterfront property at the time. Beautiful place, great weather.
High cost of living however, be ready for that. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom