Im having computah problems, can anyone help?

Best answers
okay, here's my issue
For a couple of days now, my computer is messed up

i tried uninstalling ie...i ended up deleting iexplore.exe
still, in task manager many "iexplore.exe" sessions seem to be running, and they just increase in number. They slow down my computer really baad, so i have to open task manager, and kill all iexplore.exe processes so it'll go better. I tried all kinds of anti-viruses, anti-spyware and all that. Tried hijackthis. Nothing.

Also, yesterday, i restarted my computer, and in the moment it turned off and imideatly back on again, it beeped several times and that was it. The monitor remained in stand-by, the LEDs on the keyboard didnt turn on, neither did the mouse.
tried restarting it, unplugging and all that, then i thought it might be the power supply thing. opened the computer, checked...everything seemed to be okay. I put it back together and it worked...
but the iexplore.exe is still running itself in the background...and its reproducing..it's like an amoeba...

please help

Best answers
iexplore is a necessary process that is needed to properly run internet explorer, and since internet explorer is *****ded into the windows system it is almost impossible to remove it. Post a hijackthis log and Ill look it over. Note to check your processes using google before killing random things. Perhaps the problems you are now having is from trying to kill iexplore using hijackthis.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
There should only be ONE iexplore.exe in Task manager.
To me it sounds like a virus.
Have a look at this thread, Might help solve your dilemma :)
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=67311
Download and run Ewido, And use Trend Micro's house call. (Google it!).
Do a run of Adaware.
And memba' to update them all before you run them.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
iexplore.exe is usually Internet Explorer, which due to heavy integration into windows XP, probably shouldn't be deleted.

However, you were able to delete it, which should be impossible to do with the real program. It sounds an awful lot like some virus posing as internet explorer, especially if the one you deleted wasn't in \Program Files\Internet Explorer\.

Yeah, follow Pemalite's advice. Scan with updated virus scanning software.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your power supply wouldn't have anything to do with it. It's a software issue, from the sound of it. Try using system restore. If that fails, back up whatever files you want to keep to a flash drive, and then reformat.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In the worst case scenario that you can't remove what you have been infected with, you should reformat as already stated. Some spyware/malware/virii/worm can be really stubborn and hard to remove, and if you can't find a method of removing what you have been infected with then you will most likely have to backup your data and reformat.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Format your PC, if that doesn't work, buy a new one for 200 dollars.

Best answers
hmm
i googled Ewido and on their download page they had AVg..already tried that
Im currenlty running trend micro housecall
I think my computer has serious problems, because i have to reinstall a fresh copy of windows once every 2 weeks(max)
Can too much formating hurt?

Anyway, i did another hijack scan, the log seems different now

Code:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 5:38:45 PM, on 1/8/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\ISStart.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aolsoftware.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\sdhelp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wdfmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YAHOOM~1.EXE
c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Communicator\xcommsvr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Scan Server\bdss.exe
C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender8\bdmcon.exe
C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender8\bdnagent.exe
C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender8\bdswitch.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.2480\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\ace\Desktop\hijack this\HijackThis.exe

R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: PCTools Site Guard - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdsg.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O2 - BHO: PCTools Browser Monitor - {B56A7D7D-6927-48C8-A975-17DF180C71AC} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdpb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechVideoRepair] C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\ISStart.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BDMCon] "C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender8\bdmcon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BDNewsAgent] "C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender8\bdnagent.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aim6] "C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe" /d locale=en-US ee://aol/imApp /HIDEBL
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YAHOOM~1.EXE" -quiet
O8 - Extra context menu item: Open Picture in &Microsoft PhotoDraw - res://H:\PHOTOD~1\Office\1033\phdintl.dll/phdContext.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Spyware Doctor - {2D663D1A-8670-49D9-A1A5-4C56B4E14E84} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdpb.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {02CF1781-EA91-4FA5-A200-646E8241987C} (VaioInfo.CMClass) - http://esupport.sony.com/VaioInfo.CAB
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: BitDefender Scan Server (bdss) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Scan Server\bdss.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: InstallShield Licensing Service - Macrovision                                                     - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield Shared\Service\InstallShield Licensing Service.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: PC Tools Spyware Doctor (SDhelper) - PC Tools Research Pty Ltd - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\sdhelp.exe
O23 - Service: BitDefender Communicator (XCOMM) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Communicator\xcommsvr.exe" /service (file missing)
thanks guys

[bold]BTW[/bold] at the time i wanted to delete ie i was using firefox and i still am

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ewido was actually an anti spyware program, its called AVG Anti-Spyware now. Try that if you havent already.
btw I have seen that problem b4 its a virus. multipule iexplore.exe show up in task manager. If i rember to get rid of it ill post back.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Format your PC, if that doesn't work, buy a new one for 200 dollars.
What kind of a suggestion is that?...
He solved his hardware issue, right now he's just having a software related issue.

I once had something similar to the problem you're having now, though I don't think to a degree that it was serious as what you may be infected with. Firstly, I booted into safe mode. I had a few iexplore.exe and explorer.exe entries starting up when I booted, though unchecking them in msconfig and running a virus scan and doing quarantine with Anti-vir (What I used for anti-virus software at the time) along with a spybot s&d, ad-aware and as already mentioned AVG anti-spyware. It also might be worth giving AVG anti-malware a go.
ace005 said:
I think my computer has serious problems, because i have to reinstall a fresh copy of windows once every 2 weeks(max)
In that case you should probably scan stuff you are installing on your system for virii as if you are needing to do that something you may be installing may have had it's exe/installer modified with some malicious code or just be infected with your infection in question or something you have dled is causing this. I'd also suggested you go to windows update and patch up your system to possibly prevent further outbreaks of this happening or to possibly prevent any further outbreaks.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I am currently searching for a way to solve it.
Tell me after a reboot are they there instantly?
How much memory (Max and min) do they use.
And also do this for me :)
Goto:
Start
run
Type: msconfig
Click on:
Services
Select "Hide all microsoft services"
then click on "Disable all".

Then click on
Startup
Then click on "Disable all"
Click ok, restart the machine.
Once into windows again see if the processes are still there.

Edit:
Also just discovered someone else has this problem on another forum and this program seems to fix the problem http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/download/
Give it a shot, you have nothing to loose.

Best answers
ok thanks a lot guys

I used all kinds of anti viruses and anti-spyware
apparently the "iexplore.exe" i previously deleted was not the real one..
after finding the real one, i renamed it (deletion impossible) and i currently dont have any problems, everything seems to be running ok

thanks again

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok thanks a lot guys

I used all kinds of anti viruses and anti-spyware
apparently the "iexplore.exe" i previously deleted was not the real one..
after finding the real one, i renamed it (deletion impossible) and i currently dont have any problems, everything seems to be running ok

thanks again
If you are having problems deleting it, I would try and delete it by using a utility such as killbox to try and remove it from your system. Killbox can aid you in getting rid of stubborn to delete infections.

Best answers
i think the reason i cant delete it is because it's integrated in windows xp...

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Bingo ace ;)
Internet Explorer is also "Windows Explorer" So if you say.... Went into my Documents, or... My Computer, Your actually using Windows Explorer, SO deleting that is a no no :)
Windows Explorer has been around since Windows 3.11 Or something, and slowly Microsoft has been em bedding it closer with the operating system, Which unfortunately hackers/Spyware, And Virises Have been taking advantage of.

Edit: What Tha Fudge! Why cant E-m-b-e-d-d-i-n-g Be one word without being stared out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom