I'm Going To Become Hokage!

Best answers
After putting Temari on hold for a bit and working on my other projects I decided to take a break while I was at work and just go crazy doing a main character and who else but Naruto stuck in my head, especially after finishing a not so half assed Sasuke.

Front/Side -

Wires -

3/4 -

Texture is still W.i.P, the only thing thats shaded is the inside of the clothing and a bit of the hair. So far the rest is just base lines and small details until I get to the shading phase.

TriCount - 3976

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really wish you would post model WIPS before uvwmapping..
Where is your polyflow!?

Best answers
Non-Existant.

I'm still by no means a great modeller but I'm trying to learn new Jutsu in this department.
Animator to the core baby! I'll start progress on the shading later on today.

Discord Member
Best answers
I really wish you would post model WIPS before uvwmapping..
Where is your polyflow!?
Could you define polyflow for those of us who are ignorant to the term, because I think he has a pretty kickass model.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Polyflow is the way the polygons are orginized on the mesh itself.

It's nice David, but it does have messy polyflow and many wasted polys too, on the face mainly.

Try to concentrait more on quality and not on quantity ;) dont get me wrong, it's nice that you have motivation to create many models but concentraiting on one model for a while will produce better results every time.

Best answers
here's a pic how to spend your poly's better.could you give me a close-up wireframe of the head,so i can drawover on the face. Oh and don't bother what i did to the head,it's all wrong lol

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im may the only one who is now not complaining about the mess, but i agree with movento , but may not with the face, just reduce a few lines ^^

your texturing nees work,thats all i wish, may add me on msn and i may give a part of your texture a kick, i hope i can do something xD.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love you David!!!! :O!

I dont even think you need a Ref Pic!

Best answers
Thanks for all the comments. For my next model I'll try and lead by example and clean my polyflow a bit. I think I'm getting better with each model though, Sasuke should've had way less of a polycount then Naruto considering so I see my own improvement.

@Pixel: I like to do all my work myself and try to learn from it but I appreciate the offer.

Anymore C&C is appreciated I will post more texture progress as I continue onward with the model. The reason I created this was for demo reel material for animations using both Naruto and Sasuke in a fighting type match. Hinata may pop in too..hmm...Until next post this is DaHalo saying "The Power Is Yours"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Pixel: I like to do all my work myself and try to learn from it but I appreciate the offer.
i didnt meant to do something for you, like skinning a part for you, just showing an example how to work alike. i could simply make a drawover but meh.

Best answers
Lookin pretty damn good. Can't wait til you get this little hyperactive knucklehead ninja skinned.

I'm sorry... I couldn't resist...
Try to concentrait more on quality and not on quantity ;)
It's concentrate. Sorry to sound like an ass but, well, a piece of my soul dies for every spelling error I see. :(

Best answers
@Pix : It's all good I'll add you to talk about it since I'm going to edit the model first then try to reskin to make everyone happy.

Thanks for all the comments and crits!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One thing you're probably going to need to know is you can't make everyone happy. Sometimes you just gotta do what makes you happy. After all it is your model.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey David, You got MSN or anything ?

If so send me it please! ^^.

If ya need Animators I can find ya one lol.

Best answers
@Lutz : My main skill IS animation. XD

I R HAPPYZ. Progress to come later on when I got time.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Lutz : My main skill IS animation. XD

I R HAPPYZ. Progress to come later on when I got time.
Hahaha, Just noticed your Sig! :p

I still want your AIM/Yahoo/MSN/Something/Anything =D!

Best answers

Did a slight bit of editing to the model and setup the rig using Character Studio Biped. Now finalizing the base texture then going to move on with the shading and so on. I'll render a spin around later as well and throw it up on youtube or something.
Edit : Going to make the eyes a bit more light blue at the same time, just realized they're rather dark in the new texture.

DUN DUN DUN

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice image with the naruto and sasuke silhouettes. However, the one above that with the textured naruto is far too bright and hurts my eyes :( How about turning the illumination down to 70 - 80? :p

Best answers
As requested : 80% Self Illum
+ Some Shading

Edit(s) :
I completely forgot to add the front crotch line detail lol. Adding that. 'Check'
+ I'm going to make his arms longer, comparison to Sasuke shows shortness. 'Check'
+ Fixing Bandana color. 'Check'

Hopefully I'll be able to get him done by next weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom