im confused(about combos)

Best answers
Ok first of all, im not here to ask what the moves are to perform a combo, but to ask about what they really are??
I have no idea what a combo is in this game.. someone give me an explantation plz.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you press the right combo of buttons when making one, if one hit from that right buttons hits(its small combos really) then it does a special move, think of it like a fighting game, like doing fireballs or move with somone.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeh, it very much is reminiscent of street fighter and games of that ilk. When you perform a specific combination of directions, strengths and punch/kick, it will perform a special move, inflicting more damage.

Right now there are only 2 general combos for everyone. During the release party two videos were released showing what the combos look like. And if you watch closely enough you can figure out how to do them.

But expect many more combos to come in later releases. :smile:

Best answers
ok well are there combos where like i can do major damage, then quickly aim ki blasts, and then slice the guy in half for like trunks

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you cant throw kis in the middle but i can do probably both combos for major damage and a strong punch for trunks to get a sword kill. and iff that last attack doesnt work then right after you knock them away throw a minimal charged gen beam.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Most combos do very limited damage (in the range of 1-10 for the most part). I've also never performed a combo where Trunks cuts the guy in half. It might not even be in there.

Best answers
the trunks cutting people in half isnt a combo its just a strong down punch and if the persons health is low enough it cuts them in half

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good to know. I dont use trunks so it doesnt really help, but good to know.

Best answers
Well, there are user combos and auto combos.

User combos are like so; you swoop into someone with no mouse buttons held to begin adv. melee. Your character will start autopunching the opponent. If you press either left or right click, you will stop autopunching and will see a bar appear at the bottom of the screen that fills to the right depending on how many autopunches you did. Holding a mouse button chooses either punch or kick, and pressing a direction with your movement keys chooses the specific attack.

Say you hold left click and press W(up). You have added a high punch to the bar, represented by a green portion of the bar with a blue arrow pointing up above it. Then you hold right click and press left. You have added a left side kick to the bar, represented by a green portion of the bar with a yellow arrow pointing to the left above it Depending on how long you wait to press a direction, you will add power to the attack; the longer you wait the more powerful it is. A light attack is represented by a green bar, a medium attack by blue, and a strong by red. The stronger the attack, the lower chance your opponent has to defend against it, which I will explain later.

When the bar has filled all the way to the right, you will see your character execute the combo. While this is happening, your opponent will see all the directions you pressed scroll by at the top left of his screen. He must press the same directions you did in the same order to block your attacks; for each incorrect press, that hit connects. Now, depending on the power of your attack, a multi-directional arrow will appear in place of one of the directions you pressed; the stronger the attack, the more likely it is to be random. If your opponent guesses wrong, that hit connects. After they are done blocking, they will have a chance to retaliate with thier own combo, which you have to block in the same fashion.

Auto combos; kinda cheap at first, but if you know what they are, they are easy to block. Auto combos are performed when you press a series of directions with the proper attack, punch or kick depending on the combo. Combos have 3 or more directions, and if one of the hits gets through, your character will do the combo. The auto combo, once started, is unblockable. As for the directions, well, I can't come right out and tell you. I will give you a clue though; DBZ characters must have learned Shotokan-style karate between 1.1 and 1.2.

Good luck!

Best answers
I dont really get this big coverup of combos, I mean yea nice one you figgerd it out, but why dont anyone want to share with other hows it done. Its part of the game, like a beam attack or somthing tbh im surprised they are not on the manual or even on some random website :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't do any combos at all I just press whatever directional button...bleh. ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
not really a big deal, would just be a bummer if everyone were to just have everything handed to them, half the fun is finding out. if it happens to you alot, just watch there arrows and figure it out...

Best answers
ya i mean when u play the old ass mortal combat games they didnt teach u how to do moves in the manual, u had to figure em out ur self.. unless u looked em up online which case will not help u here...

Best answers
yer l thought l wudnt be able to find them, but l didnt jus come to this board and wine, l went out there and figured em out for myself, and l use em all the time yeepee for me
but if u really wanna know go look at groovys dev journal, they r hidden sumwhere in there

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom