I'm a gamer, and thus a drug addic...wait...WHAT?!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KarrdeKNR said:
I'm actually happy that Minnesota is making a law to restrict sales to minors of M and AO games. If more places did this we might actually see more titles aimed at adults. Though it'd also increase the number of the "playboy mansion" type games x.x;
D: The person or persons responsible for that game, same as that lame ass XXX dirtbike racing game, should be put against a wall and assraped by pigs, then shot to death with paintball guns.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KarrdeKNR said:
I'm actually happy that Minnesota is making a law to restrict sales to minors of M and AO games. If more places did this we might actually see more titles aimed at adults. Though it'd also increase the number of the "playboy mansion" type games x.x;
There will never be any AO titles. Walmart has a strict policy against selling them and nobody wants their game off Walmart's shelves.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
D: The person or persons responsible for that game, same as that lame ass XXX dirtbike racing game, should be put against a wall and assraped by pigs, then shot to death with paintball guns.

Naw, if people want to make those games and sell them, they can, and if the market is good for them, then so be it :p

Best answers
Zeonix said:
Growing up, I wasn't allowed to play violent video games and look at me now. I hate pretty much everything and I want to destroy everyone. If only I had had access to Mortal Kombat as a child.
haha i've been playing mortal kombat since i was 6 and i'm one of the least violent people i know.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
... I think if I didn't have video games like RE4 or Doom 3 or GTA- I think i'd be in jail right about now. It's fun just to imagine and have fun- it's not like I'm going to forget the difference between the real world and the "video game" world. Pfft. Please.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What a load of ****. They've got it backwards, if anything. People play Grand Theft Auto because they identify with all the crap in it.

I wish those losers at Rock Star had never made that piece of crap. It's not even that good, but here we stand with the entire video game world getting crapped on because of their one painfully mediocre game.

I guarantee Jack Thompson's law firm or Joe Lieberman's campaign funds paid for that bull**** study. Guaran-****ing-teed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What bull crap ><;
It really and truly scares me the amount of blind, inaccurate belief people invest in stuff like this.

nge

Best answers
Studies show that the Nazi's invented video games as tools to spread their propaganda.

On a related note-

Electricty is a form of witchcraft, influenced by the devil.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well that explains why i go rape, kill and drink a lot o_O

Seriously how low will those game haters sink?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I agree with what some said that its the exact oposite, if im feeling stressed, i just beat someone around the head in fight night 3.
Cant wait to see what they ban in the future...
"Maybe the banning of this advert will stop all violent crimes in the world!"

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Want to know what's funny about this study? Nowhere does it actually say that violent video games cause kids to drink alcohol and smoke drugs. What it actually says, is that "After playing a violent video game, young men are more likely to think it's OK to smoke marijuana and drink alcohol." (Source)

So wait, what? Your study proved that after playing a violent video game, people are more likely to have a tolerant attitude towards smoking and alcohol. Nowhere does it actually conclude that violent video games lead to this behaviour. So what was the point of the study again? Video games lead to tolerance? What?

I know tonnes of people who think it's ok to smoke marijuana, but have never touched the stuff because its a personal choice. What did this study actually purport to do? What a bunch of idiots.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just don't understand how something like that gets any recognition. Rule #1 of psychological studies: correlation does not equal causation. Especially here.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its true..

kingdom hearts=drugs/depression

but seriously, im a gamer and I never touched drugs

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Same here- I play all kinds of video games- FEAR, Fable, WoW, GW, HL2 etc. All are some sort of "haha let's go around killing ****" type of game. I have yet to touch drugs or alcohol.

But of course it's games and games only- peer pressure, fad's, and being cool/popular has nothing to do with it. Or the fact that it's there when people go to parties, that's because of games. How stupid of us.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But the study never said that gamers are more likely to do drugs, or that all gamers do drugs, or that gamers are drug addicts.

"violent" games foster more "permissive attitudes" toward drugs, alcohol, and sex.
Nowhere does that sentence imply that gamers do drugs. It just said they foster permissive attitudes. And like I said, I know lots of people who think it's ok to do drugs, but have never done them personally. Just because you hold a certain attitude / opinion about certain activities, does not necessarily mean you indulge in them. Which is why this study never actually says video gaming leads to alcoholism and drug use.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pfft, this just makes their case sound more pathetic, "people who play video games take drugs D:" yeah, yeah i really see the link there -_-. This generation of gamers were mostly born less than 25 years ago, video games have become common entertainment in that time, pretty much every single child/adolecent in developed nations has played a computer game at some point during their life. It'd be hard to not find somebody who does take drugs and drink that hasnt played a computer game merely because of the generation they're in. By this theory we could also relate microwave use to drug use.

Lets not forget the 60's, there weren't any video games then.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
"people who play video games take drugs D:"
They never said that.

This study has the same weight of,
"driving" vehicles fosters more "permissive attitudes" toward stabbing people.
I know when people cut me off, or make a **** move in front of me almost getting me killed, I wouldn't mind taking a knife to his face. Does this mean then that all drivers want to stab people? No.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
I know when people cut me off, or make a **** move in front of me almost getting me killed, I wouldn't mind taking a knife to his face. Does this mean then that all drivers want to stab people? No.
God that's so ****ing true it's not even funny.

But the point is- is that people who read that (the important people who could take gaming away from us) will interpret it as "Person+Games=Drugs"

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah, the closest games and drugs link together is that games are the drugs...WoW anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom