IGN Showing off all 5 spore phases

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll take a bad review at face value over a good review for a 5 star game. Grand Theft Auto and Halo 3 were not 10 out of 10 games, even if they were solidly good games, but take a look at their metacritic averages to get a feel for that big biased review slant given to favored game developers. Anything with as much money behind it as spore that recieves less than a 9.0 out of 10 must have some rough spots.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
fortnox said:
The only one I will trust is Yhatze's, as usual.
Yahtze's reviews are comedic, they aren't serious. If they were, and people took him seriously, nobody would play any games, ever.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yahtze's reviews are comedic, they aren't serious. If they were, and people took him seriously, nobody would play any games, ever.
Except for Portal. And he seemed to like the original Prince of Persia.

G
This is true, but there is a degree to his hatred. If he reviews it like he did Half-Life 2 Episode Two/Team Fortress 2, it's probbably a good game. If he reviews it like he did Bioshock, it's probbably not SUCH a bad game. If he reviews it like he did Turok or Tabula Rasa, it'd better be a bloody awful game.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The mag I subscribe too gave it 9/10

+Limitless Custom Content
+Varied Types of Gameplay
+No more Sims #1!
-Not deep enough
-All about the creators
-Designed for non-gamers

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So I have Spore and while I like it, it has a few problems that they need to fix. Mainly with the space stage.

My problem is that I keep getting attacked every other minute by hostile empires or by pirates. I was aware that this might happen if I was being aggressive the entire game so I played it all the way through being as nice as can be, despite the fact that the minigames for being nice are stupid beyond belief.

So I went out of my way to be nice, I even put the game on easy because I foresaw this coming, but yeah, I'm still getting attacked left and right, all because I refused to pay an empire 200,000 Spore Bucks every 2 minutes. At least most races I meet are nice, I can only imagine how bad it would be if I was hostile the entire game or if I were playing on hard.

The game shouldn't force you to play one particular path if you don't want to be viewed as hostile by every single race in the 'verse. The game shouldn't pile attack after attack after attack after attack after attack on you. Seriously. A few minutes after I finish off one attack, another planet is getting attacked. I see no way to get out of this situation without completely wiping out said race (Would take an extremely long time, would be boring, repetitive, etc.) or coming up with more money than I can possibly get in the short amount of time between attacks. Later on in the space stage, I think you can buy satalites that help defend your colonies, but for now, I can't manage to do anything.

Don't get me wrong, I like the space stage, but it's broken. How they could think this was fine is beyond me. Here's hoping for a day 1 patch.

Oh, and income from colonies in the space stage isn't automatic, which is lame. You have to visit each colony every time you want to get income from that colony.

Last edited:
Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I heard aussies got it earlier. Is it troo? :O

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some stores in AU broke the release date.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't even think of buying this game anymore with all the SecuROM crap. And what the hell?! You are only allowed to install the game 3 times before it craps out on you, talking about bull**** there.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That is bull****. I'm hoping they remove that with a patch later on.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Remember back when I said I thought I was the only one who thought this game was overhyped?

...Yeah. I've never seen what the big deal about this game is, to be perfectly honest. It's a simplified God-sim with fancy creation tools.

You can achieve the same effect by rubbing Playdo on your monitor and playing the Sims.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, got my hands on it, installed and ready to go.

Then it comes to my attention no EU players can access any online content at all.
wha? expect me to play this thing with the crappy offline critters? so i've not even bothered to log in as it stands until they actually fix the online content for us boys ;|

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man this **** seems like it just failed hard, that is so ***. I was looking forward to this too...

What a load of ****.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The game is actually pretty good, yet very simplistic. So far, the funnest stage was the creature one, followed by the city stage. It could use some expansion packs, for stuff that should be there (like more troops, in the civ stage or space-station building in other systems).
The space stage gets annoying sometimes, when you have to run, back and forth trough systems) to defend your or your ally's planets (some planetary defense system should be there).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom