IGN Gives out their First 10/10 Since 1999

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know, this is my 9000th GTA IV thread, but the game is four days away, and IGN just gave it one of the most stellar reviews I have read in a long time.

Cheers.

I'm downloading the video review as I type this, can't wait.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What was the game that was rated 10/10 in 1999?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
****. Yeah. I know IGN does not speak for me, but if they gave it a 10, I can not wait to get this game.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Holy criznap that was a damn cool video review. I cannot wait for my birthday now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My entire opinion of the game changed dramatically once I watched the video review.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My entire opinion of the game changed dramatically once I watched the video review.
I completely agree.

I honestly didn't even want to consider getting GTA:IV because I thought all it was, was GTA III with better graphics and physics. After engaging in that read, well, all I can say is I know what I'm going to spend the $50 prize money from the guitar hero tournament on tuesday on.

Haha, what are the odds, the guitar hero tournament is on the day GTA:IV releases, and it'll be the money I need for the game. YEE

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
25-45 hours of main story gameplay alone is epic.
Especially for an action game like GTA.

Once the game is released, a bunch of us should play online together.

Best answers
WOAH, dude this game has everything, cant wait to get this game on 360!

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't wait for 6 months from now (Or whenever PC comes out) :(

If possible can someone offer an alternate link for the vid review. IGN doesn't like me :p

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not that it needed to be said, but it's good that they explain that a 10 does not necessarily mean a perfect game. But when a game like GTA IV is (allegedly) so good, that it completely overshadows its flaws with its pros, and sets the bar so high that future developers should look to it for what makes a great game, it is deserving of a 10/10

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=OLlLxFyGyCM"]YouTube - GTA 4, grand theft auto 4 gameplay !!!! MUST WATCH !!!!!!!![/ame]

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
THIS is what Next-gen is. GTA IV is the first true Next-gen game.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I completely agree.

I honestly didn't even want to consider getting GTA:IV because I thought all it was, was GTA III with better graphics and physics.
Agreed. I, too, thought that GTA IV was going to be much like VC (which I played to death), so I didn't really get my hopes up or pay a lot of attention to its progress. I've played every prior GTA titled (excluding San Andreas) extensively, so I was ready to give the franchise a rest for a while, but I can see that such a break is no longer an option.

GTA IV looks like it has really revitalized the franchise for me. It is a shame that I don't have a PS3 or a 360, but there'll be plenty of time for me to mooch off of my buddy (a 360 owner), I'm sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom