If you own an esf server please read this

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lately there has been reports of two hackers. They go by the name of "1" and "Moo"

So far I have caught them in the Ultimate Saiyan clan server, and there have been reports that they have been seen in the Zr clan server. I for one won't sit down and let this go by. They ruin the fun of the game. I saw one of them use a speed hack. So obviously I'm not some noob saying "omg you move too fast you must h4x H4X3R!"

I was going to record them in action with their steam id but unfortunately they left the server before I could get Fraps up and running, luckily Rayne got a demo of it. As soon as I get the demo and know the STEAM ID's I will post them back here and I urge you to ban them from your esf server. Thank you that will be all.

::EDIT::

Thank you Rayne for providing the demo for me. For those of you who would like to see it: http://rapidshare.de/files/21227175/hack.dem.html

I will watch it and put up the STEAM ID(s) if i see them.

::EDIT2::

STEAM_0:0:3592017

Discord Member
Best answers
Yeah, we will also keep a lookout for them, and I am gonna ban them from all the servers i have admin in.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Banned, but they can easily get another id or change their ip if we find out that

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then we'll keep banning Ip's. I don't care what it takes I don't want them in your server.

Discord Member
Best answers
Sub, trust me, its not that hard tracking a hacker.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Black, you do realize how easy it is to crash a server, right?

Discord Member
Best answers
Yes, but you can find out from the server log as well

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not exactly. It depends on how fast he crashes it (if it chatches it before or after half-life dumps the stream).

Also it depens if a person is there who knows who crashed it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KilledWithStyle said:
Not exactly. It depends on how fast he crashes it (if it chatches it before or after half-life dumps the stream).

Also it depens if a person is there who knows who crashed it.
wtf are you talking about, we never said anyting about anyone crashing anything

This guys is using a speed hack, he's not crashing anything.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didnt say this thread was about speed hacking, I was correcing the arguement of viewing hackers through the logs.
This is a server chat, and if false information is given, I have to correct it. It is just who I am.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Listen, I corrected false information about the crashing. Complain to those who was talking about crashing about what this thread is about. You have to understand, it is ok that you are posting steamids, but I dont trust this information. Its up to the individual admins to choose to ban people on thier servers, you can not just go around telling other admins to ban other people.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KilledWithStyle said:
Listen, I corrected false information about the crashing. Complain to those who was talking about crashing about what this thread is about. You have to understand, it is ok that you are posting steamids, but I dont trust this information. Its up to the individual admins to choose to ban people on thier servers, you can not just go around telling other admins to ban other people.
I fail to see where anyone mentioned anything about crashing other than yourself.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
I fail to see where anyone mentioned anything about crashing other than yourself.
Just to put an end to this brief side-bar:

Sub said:
Black, you do realize how easy it is to crash a server, right?
Crashing was, indeed, mentioned. It was loosely associated with the discussion, but it was, in fact, mentioned. Now, can we please return to the original topic?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I just hope VAC (Valve Anti Cheat) Works. Mostly it won't detect the latest Cheat users, i just hope they get banned from VAC. Even though they can get a different steamID by getting a new copy of the game, you can always check up the IP's they are joining. Ban their IP and they can't really join anymore unless they find a way to change that as well.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
I just hope VAC (Valve Anti Cheat) Works. Mostly it won't detect the latest Cheat users, i just hope they get banned from VAC. Even though they can get a different steamID by getting a new copy of the game, you can always check up the IP's they are joining. Ban their IP and they can't really join anymore unless they find a way to change that as well.
It won't work with ESF because it's a third party mod. With that being said VAC can't decifer what cheating is or isn't on esf. If worse comes to worse I'll see if we can get his IP address and ban that, though there are numerous ways to change your IP address... not that I would know.

My question is, is why Hybs asked how easy it is to crash a server o.0 it had nothing to do with anything. Unless I'm out of it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh...chill out Fire.

Sub said tracking a hacker might be harder than it appears due to them having the ability to crash servers.

VAC doesn't work. At all. Not in esf at least.

Gon

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well, if the hacker is in-game at the same time as you, BAN. It's all that simple. I love simple.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
....we went over that. Ryu had a million different steam ids. I doubt hes the only one.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm saying you can ban them all you want, all you're going to do is piss them off. They're already using hacks, crashing servers isn't that far of a leap from there.

You ban them, they get mad at you and crash your server so crashing servers is 100% relevant to this conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom