If I Were President...

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DISCLAIMER: The election is approaching and this thread should be about voicing your opinion. Not trying to completely destroy or e-pwn someone elses. At least give the majority of people a chance to change the world, before making it a debate session. Take over the world, I don't care. Also, I know I've made my post really long, and I am not asking you to as well, just at least please try give the five things I've discussed below, a couple sentences. I'm really interested in what people have to say.
-

We all make fun of Bush, but why? Could we do a better job? Are we just using blame as our solution? If you had the chance to take the reigns of the free world, and were told the key issues for every aspect of modern civilization, what would be your gameplan? Do you think you'd be considered a Capitalist, Communist, or a Totalitarianist?

They key aspects are as follows... Economy, Foreign Policy, Education, Healthcare, and Security.

Economy: When you're told there is a deficit from spending... you ask yourself, "what is the money being spent on?" Development and re-development? War? Credit? The main issue to me seems to be the lack of middleground in the way things work. You're either born into a money train, or have to over-extend yourself to catch up. Once the over-extension has decredited you and caused you to be expelled, it creates a loophole in the economy. Money itself gradually becomes meaningless. The only way to solve this is to disolve the methods that cause people to feel they have to catch-up. There is also the argument that this so-called deficit is merely propoganda to cover-up corruption in the federal tax reserve. There may come a time when we find out.

Foreign Policy: AMERICA... **** NO! I don't see how occupying other countries helps make us popular. It's now a love-to-hate situation, because we've started to become the class bully with good intentions... sans the road paved to hell (maybe) The military should be used to help the world with natural disasters, that's just being neighborly. But, being the pawn in some anti-heros agenda to gain power... that **** has to stop.

Education: How hard is it to apply a kid to an aptitude area? What's so hard about smaller classes? It's because the education system should already be considered a part of the military. Knowledge and military prowess are both areas of national welfare (not the hand-out kind) and guidelining the educational path to include 2 years of military service would be extremely useful. It would promote self-awareness in an individuals health, considering the armed forces make physical fitness unegotionable. The fact the teachers would automatically be considered more than citizens and recieve incentive based benefits, would literally make the demand for teachers a thing of the past. It's not about turning the population into natural killers, it's about promoting self-awareness in the world, and making people respect and appreciate the fact they are American.

Healthcare: I'd go off on a tangent on how insurance companies are deciding who lives or dies... but, you get my point. Oh, I'd also militarialize the prescryption industry. It's not about freedom... it's about informing and narrowing down the level of corruption.

Security: War on Drugs? Let's stop adding the excitement factor to drug abuse and flat-out kill the aggression factor. Our jails are filled with minorities who will just continue to feed a system of hysteria and lunacy. It shouldn't be "gangsta" to sell drugs, it should be a lowlife way to exploit the economy. The Patriot Act is an abomination and borderline fascism. When personal rights can be taken away at will, that's when I'm ready to pack my bags. The Law is still being bended for the man with the bigger wallet, and it has to stop immediately. I'm ready to sanction certain American citizens if I have to. This could tie into a previous section, but I believe people who hire illegal immigrants should be thrown in jail for tax evasion. The fact this isn't already the case, speaks volumes on how much big business funding politicians is getting out of hand.

Summary: I'd actually talk for a good while in press conferences, instead of saying the same things at every State of the Union address and rushing off the stage to shake hands with my "yes men" to look good on CNN. The economy has too wide of a spectrum to work forever, there is no point in playing big brother unless it's national aid, the military and education would easily go hand-in-hand, the power insurance companies hold is ridiculous, and national security still needs further reform.

Why should I vote for you?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
all those subjects can be summarized into one sentence.

listen to the public. (<--is a grammatical sentence.)

and if the matter is divided, leave it to the states like your supposed too. the government handles foreign matters, economy, military, and science. not homosexual agenda.

the problem is that bush doesnt do that, even though its obvious he really doesnt know what hes doing. he leaves it too the advisors who will do whats best for them. actually, what the hell. ill go way into this for ya.

What i would do differently
according to President Matthew D. Ross (real name, btw)
Economy: i would stimulate the economy, of course. but i would do it in a less not stimulating the economy way, unlike my predecessor. i would do it by building random things across the states, employing people too help build them at decent wage, creating spenders. that should help stimulate it, if only a little. and of course eliminate higher than needed wages in the government (if possible). also, we have the need to pull away from the oil grip, resorting to alternative energy sources. which can be far more effective than oil. the government would be personally involved in this, and in a few years we will put into motion a nation-wide exchange and distribution act. (assuming the resources are ready by that time, which they should be). it WILL be taxing on the government, but it will pay off after only a few months. all vehicle companies WILL be involved or will cease production until the updated codes are met.

Foreign Policy: yeah, get those guys outta there. i have no problem telling the world what to do, but i wont go where we dont belong. i'd also establish deeper alliances with various countries including japan, russia, england, britain, china etc...

Education: teachers should have a slight raise, after all they are quite important. i would most likely leave the majority of school decisions to the boards but i would change the attendance dates around. the summer break should be a little shorter, but longer holiday breaks. of course, more funding to school's, if possible. the rest belongs too the states and school boards.

Healthcare: healthcare is hard too manage in this country, especially with the high death rate we have. so i wouldnt be able to establish it right away, but i would do my best to gather the funding and perfect the strategy. it cant be left to the insurance companies, government has too fund it.

Security: drugs, war, immigration, and terrorism. multi-part.
drugs - to be honest i'd eliminate laws for drugs. theoretically after a while, the drug spree would cool down, after the addicts have been appeased. but, the dealers try to get kids. kids dont know what drugs really are and teaching them to say no only goes so far. so its really hard to say what could be done about them other than beefing up police work and finding different ways of punishment rather then letting them garner connections in prison and workout 24/7

War - i'd stop the war, bring them home, and beef up our anti-terrorism efforts. i would do my best to ensure that our freedoms arent taken away and replaced with security but sometimes a sacrifice has to be made for better.

Immigration - id limit it, not outright deny everyone. some people only need enough money to feed families. id also try to employ people in mexico, so that maybe we can boost their economy and slow illegal immigration.

terrorism - the security measures would include state of the art detectors, cameras, and a staff that doesnt ignore every single warning.

Conclusion: i would do what the population wants. not what i feel is right. if you think my reasoning is wrong, tell me. a decision can always be changed.

PS. yes, i am dateless for tonight.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We all make fun of Bush, but why? Could we do a better job? Are we just using blame as our solution? If you had the chance to take the reigns of the free world, and were told the key issues for every aspect of modern civilization, what would be your gameplan? Do you think you'd be considered a Capitalist, Communist, or a Totalitarianist?
The common man has every right to 'make fun of Bush'. It is entirely irrelevant as to whether or not we could do a better job as we have never attempted to run for office and never will. We also never made the assertion that we could do a better job.

I think a good analogy is this: I can point out when I believe a song is bad, but this does not mean I could create a better song.

In any case, there is a quote by Winston Churchill: "It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried." Democracy is not perfect, but it is the best form of government we currently have. A totalitarian state could ultimately be a good thing if the one in charge is an intelligent, but more importantly, good honest man, but this will in all likelihood never happen. I'm convinced that there is a better form of government out there that we have not thought of yet, but as to what that is, I do not know.

So if I could mold America's government as I see fit, it would remain a Democracy for the time being.

For foreign policy, I would like America to adopt a policy of non-interference. Not an isolationist policy, as I would like America to trade with any country willing to trade with it, but non-interference as in "We will not invade you." I don't care what what your doing and why, we will not invade you unless you directly attack us. And in the unlikely event that a country does decide to declare war on us, nuclear weapons would never be used. It has been said that America has enough nuclear weapons to destroy the world three times over. I'd get rid of many of them, while actively encouraging others to do the same.

At the same time, I realize that there are a lot of problems in the world, such as the events happening in Darfur, but it is not America's obligation to come up with a solution to these problems. You would have to draw the line somewhere on who to help and how, and that is a tricky subject in its own right. We would probably make things worse anyway by even attempting to interfere =/

I WOULD NOT DO THIS, but a possible solution to this problem which would anger less people and give less chance for abuse would be to set up a council in the UN. Every x years we would host a "Would you like America to 'liberate' x country from x dictator?" If the vote is yes, we invade said country and attempt to stop the said genocide, feed the population, and set up a democratic government.

Alright, so thats foreign policy. Onto Domestic Issues and Government Spending:

We need to stop. We need to just stop. We need to stop monitoring our own citizens like their terrorists, we need to restore habeas corpus, we need to stop any and all secret prisons and publicly denounce the whole debacle, arresting anyone who had a part in the whole conspiracy, we need to stop the pointless and wasteless war on drugs (10 billion a year? really?), we need to just stop. I would like drugs to be legalized. I don't even do drugs, but I do not believe it should be a crime. We need to stop the military industrial complex. We're spending more than the entire world combined on our military. I want to repeat that: We're spending more than the entire world combined on our military.

A very important thing we need to stop that I believe warrants its own paragraph is corporate lobbying. Corporations should not be considered legal persons. They should not be allowed to donate to a political cause for any reason. It is utterly ridiculous.

As for illegal immigration, I'm going off of my memory, but we gave amnesty to around 4 million illegal immigrants back in the 70's or 80's. We stated that it would be the last time we would do so. Yet here we are in 2008 talking about giving illegal amnesty to twenty million illegal immigrants for the last time. It's going to be an endless cycle of amnesty. I'd attempt to physically secure the border. It is not hard to legally immigrate into the U.S., you must just go through the proper channels and wait your turn. It's instant gratification and it can't be rewarded with amnesty.

I'd give ***s the right to marry and serve in the military.

The drinking age would be lowered to 18. You can serve in the military at 18, yet you can't drink? Give me a break.

Terrorism is a scam to get the masses riled up into another phony war. I'd repeal the patriot act.

I have no idea what to do with the healtcare system, but something needs to be done.

I'd repeal Scientologies status as a religion and label it as the cult that it really is. And I'd do the same for Mormonism. Sorry Mormons, but you're in a cult.

I would get rid of the electorial college. The nations president will be decided by a direct vote, the electorial college served as a crude way to prevent the masses from electing someone who should not be president. We no longer need such a device.

I don't know what I would do with eduction, but it's ****ed up as it is. People aren't being educated to learn anything. Their being educated to pass a test. I have learned nothing in school, everything I have wanted to know I have learned on my own.

I could probably go on, but that's all for now. Cool topic.

edit: Oh, and DaRk, the majority is not always right. Remember slavery? Yeah.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
edit: Oh, and DaRk, the majority is not always right. Remember slavery? Yeah.
heh, never said majority rules the government. there have been a few times in history where the minority has had a huge say. slavery is the biggest example. even though it took 200 years. live and learn, so i doubt that will happen again.

but actually you reminded me of something i forgot too put.

i would redo congress and my cabinet to include ALL parties in the US. diversity is what democracy needs too run properly.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heh, never said majority rules the government. there have been a few times in history where the minority has had a huge say. slavery is the biggest example. even though it took 200 years. live and learn, so i doubt that will happen again.
You stated you would do what the population wants. I was pointing out that the population is not always right. This is the reason why Supreme Court Judges are appointed for life. The right decision isn't always the popular decision.

Conclusion: i would do what the population wants. not what i feel is right. if you think my reasoning is wrong, tell me. a decision can always be changed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If I were the President of the United States, I would do the following:

Economy
I would no doubt raise taxes by at least ten percent, and give higher taxes to those who earned more, not to mention increase efforts to take down the major tax-evaders (meaning the rich bastards with millions stolen from the government on their bank accounts). By "earn more", I mean as in earning far past what the nation's average is. I would also increase taxes on fossil fuels, and subsidize alternate means of transportation such as buses and trains.

Foreign Policy
I would instantly pull the military out of Iraq, and issue an official apology to the nations of Islam, promising we would stay out of their business as long they stayed out of ours, providing they stopped any and all WMD production, or even threats of creating such.

Rather than send military support to warring countries, I would send food and technology to the non-warring third-world countries, in return for free access to their markets in the future, as their economy recovers.

I have no idea how to deal with immigration, but I would probably arrange for work-visas and similar, and make sure that a large part of the population in Mexico and potential immigrating people knew that if they applied, they might be allowed access into the US to work, while informing them that the more people who illegally cross the border, the fewer people we can give legal visas, and then hopefully have some successful results eventually.

Education
I would likely raise the wages of teachers, and try to have free college arranged for anyone within a certain educational level. That way, the smart ones get to go to college regardless of economical standing. Following Synth's idea, I would also likely have at least a year of obligatory military service, as this has proven to be effective in my country (although girls are not forced here, I see no problem in forcing the girls in for a year as long the foundation is laid for it).

Also, I would lower the military-budget, and cut back on our amount of active troops (after all, every year, soldiers will be trained from the draft, and they can defend the country if necessary).

Healthcare
Naturally I'd try to make this as cheap as possible, and issue what the British are now contemplating doing - having free healthcare for those who take care of their bodies by not smoking, overeating, drinking excessively or abusing narcotics. I would also legalise narcotics no more dangerous than ethanol (however, placing an age limit of 21 years on them), along with launching a campaign informing people what the heavier drugs (such as crack, meth and amphetamines) actually do to ones body.

Security
I would no doubt refute the death penalty, build more prisons (funding the guards more, as well), along with lowering the punishment for abusing narcotics. People should be put in jail for violence, embezzlement, endangering others and harassment, not ruining their own bodies.

Any way in and out of the country would have tightened security. The Patriot Act would be repealed. Police officers would require a yearly physical and psychological examination to ensure that they are fit for duty.

Summary
I would try not being a lying piece of scum, and rather try to level with the people. Using words most people don't understand seems pointless until the level of education has been raised.

No doubt, I would make a horrible candidate.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If I were the President of the United States, I would do the following:

Economy
I would no doubt raise taxes by at least ten percent, and give higher taxes to those who earned more, not to mention increase efforts to take down the major tax-evaders (meaning the rich bastards with millions stolen from the government on their bank accounts). By "earn more", I mean as in earning far past what the nation's average is. I would also increase taxes on fossil fuels, and subsidize alternate means of transportation such as buses and trains.

Foreign Policy
I would instantly pull the military out of Iraq, and issue an official apology to the nations of Islam, promising we would stay out of their business as long they stayed out of ours, providing they stopped any and all WMD production, or even threats of creating such.

Rather than send military support to warring countries, I would send food and technology to the non-warring third-world countries, in return for free access to their markets in the future, as their economy recovers.

I have no idea how to deal with immigration, but I would probably arrange for work-visas and similar, and make sure that a large part of the population in Mexico and potential immigrating people knew that if they applied, they might be allowed access into the US to work, while informing them that the more people who illegally cross the border, the fewer people we can give legal visas, and then hopefully have some successful results eventually.

Education
I would likely raise the wages of teachers, and try to have free college arranged for anyone within a certain educational level. That way, the smart ones get to go to college regardless of economical standing. Following Synth's idea, I would also likely have at least a year of obligatory military service, as this has proven to be effective in my country (although girls are not forced here, I see no problem in forcing the girls in for a year as long the foundation is laid for it).

Also, I would lower the military-budget, and cut back on our amount of active troops (after all, every year, soldiers will be trained from the draft, and they can defend the country if necessary).

Healthcare
Naturally I'd try to make this as cheap as possible, and issue what the British are now contemplating doing - having free healthcare for those who take care of their bodies by not smoking, overeating, drinking excessively or abusing narcotics. I would also legalise narcotics no more dangerous than ethanol (however, placing an age limit of 21 years on them), along with launching a campaign informing people what the heavier drugs (such as crack, meth and amphetamines) actually do to ones body.

Security
I would no doubt refute the death penalty, build more prisons (funding the guards more, as well), along with lowering the punishment for abusing narcotics. People should be put in jail for violence, embezzlement, endangering others and harassment, not ruining their own bodies.

Any way in and out of the country would have tightened security. The Patriot Act would be repealed. Police officers would require a yearly physical and psychological examination to ensure that they are fit for duty.

Summary
I would try not being a lying piece of scum, and rather try to level with the people. Using words most people don't understand seems pointless until the level of education has been raised.

No doubt, I would make a horrible candidate.
Not really, but the prison thing is messed up. We already have more prisons than any other democracy in the world. It's not more prisons we need, it's less.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Didn't know that. 'spose I'd leave them alone. Better to have more than enough than have too few. In Norway, murderers can walk around for a few months before we actually put them in jail. Wonderful system. They can kill people while they're waiting for a place to be imprisoned.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Economy:

I'm not a fan of economics and this is something I'd probably leave up to my advisers, but I'll touch on a few things. This is tied directly to foreign policy, so I'll elaborate on these points later on.

First and foremost, I'd withdraw our soldiers and close shop on our bases throughout the world. We're paying other countries just to sit around, and they benefit from it more than we do. Having our soldiers and equipment on the mainland will save us quite a bit of money, which I'll spend wherever it's needed most.

We're currently the largest consumer of oil in the world. We have the oil industry who cares more about profits than America, we have the automobile industry who cares more about profits than America, we have...wait. Everyone cares more about profits than about their country. So here's what I'm going to do, starting with the automobile industry.

Starting with GM and working my way down, I'm going to find what technologies they've discarded in favor of less efficient automobiles and technologies, in general, and then I'm going to issue an ultimatum. They'll have two options. Their first option is to have our country's best interests in heart and mind. I want fast, hyper-efficient cars. We're the sole superpower on this planet and we're building bull**** cars. We have the technological capability and the know-how to build the best vehicles on the planet, but there's no money to be had in innovation, apparently. I don't care if they can't make 50 million dollars a year. That's very unfortunate for them. They'll start designing hyper efficient cars, or I'll have no choice but to assume they chose option b, which involves me sending the National Guard to pick up the head of GM, marching him to the White House, and standing him in front of a firing squad. He'll have one last chance to make a difference to our country. If he has brass balls or thinks I'm joking around with him, he'll be terminated and I'll place one of my men at the head of his company. Traitors to America and to Humanity will not be tolerated. Progress will be made.

All of that wonderful money we're not spending on renting bases from foreign countries can be spent on alternative energy sources and NASA. What? Don't like that I'm spending money on figuring out the Universe? Go ahead and write me a stern letter. I'll be sure to read it and then forget about it. Again, progress will be made. If people are unwilling to advance our civilization for the sake of advancement, then I'll have to give them an incentive to do so by placing their lives on the line. Not the everyday worker ant, mind you. Just the people who've wormed their way up the corporate ladder and make 500 times what everyone else makes.

When was the last time you saw a "MADE IN USA" tag? Exactly. We're relying on cheap labor from around the world to make inferior products, which not only makes us dependent on foreign countries, but takes jobs away from our people. Hyper-efficient, clean factories will be built around the country, providing jobs to millions of people. Our dependence on potential enemies like China will dwindle. I'm not about to help our enemies become as powerful as us. If you don't agree, write me an angry letter. I'll mail you a personalized thank you note.

I want to eventually get rid of the federal reserve and income tax, but I'm going to be needing the latter. I know, I know. The income tax is unconstitutional. Think of it this way. You were willing to give away your money when it wasn't being spent on your interests. Why stop when someone is finally willing to spend it for the good of the country?

Oh, and lobbyists? Gone.

Foreign Policy:

Our foreign policy has been disastrous for the last few decades. We're constantly interfering in foreign elections, we assassinate leaders and anyone who may pose a threat at some point in the future, we create puppet government and put our guys in there, and so on. I don't like it, you don't like it and the people we're screwing with don't like it. They keep telling us we're not the world police.

On the other hand, the world expects us to interfere whenever a terrible tragedy occurs, and when we don't they complain and say we're the world police, and it's our duty as a superpower.

First off, I'll have something like an election across the country. You'll be giving me your opinion and you're required to take part in it unless you have a very good excuse not to. If you don't, you might find it difficult to get your social security check, etc. I'll ask what the people of America want me to do:

Interfere on the global stage or stand back and allow everyone to take care of their own problems?

Once the votes are tallied (I won't be using any of the electronic voting machines that allow a 5 year old to rig in it favor of either choice), I'll call a meeting at the UN and pose the same question to them.

Interfere or stand by.

They'll deliberate and ask if it is okay if I don't kill their president but if I could kill that evil dictator over in country X and I'll say, "Stfu, make a choice." I'll compare the results of both polls, and take a month to decide.

If they want me to interfere, I'll ask that they place America in charge of the UN. No more "I'm a permanent member and I'm going to veto everything you throw at me" crap. We're going to be number one, and you're going to come to me when you need help or want to bring something to my attention. If you can't deal with that, fine. We'll pull out of the UN and we're no longer bound by international law. This defaults us to stand by mode where America will look out for its interests and only its interests. I won't go bombing your country, but when Germany decides Walt Disney has been in cryogenic stasis for long enough, don't come crying to me unless you're willing to make me the head of the UN, and America the only permanent member. We'll become the world police, but we'll be fair.

Moving on.

If they give in to my incredibly unrealistic demands, I'll lay down some ground rules (I'm taking some of this from Hyb's post). If several countries believe that another country, countries or region is a threat, they can come to me and make their case. Then I'll hear what the countries they're complaining about have to say. I'll have them all vote on a plan of action: allow whatever is happening to continue, intervene and so on, depending on what the case may be.

If we come to a consensus, and America is to put on his helmet, jump onto Mr. Puggles, and unsheathe his sword of Liberty, we'll attack the offending countries. But know this, while we are fair in the UN, we will also be entirely ruthless once we enter war mode. Know that by unleashing us onto that country or region, you are sentencing millions of people to death in order to prevent the deaths of millions more. Once we begin, we won't stop until the war is one. Each of the countries who voted for us to attack the offender will provide my generals with troops and equipment. Everyone's hands will get dirty because it's your war we're fighting.

In the event that both the American public and the UN choose a passive role for America, we'll leave the world to its own devices. We'll continue trading, communicating and speaking, but that's it. Again, if Walt Disney comes around riding his magical castle of death into your country, you can either decide to die, fight until one of you wins, or you can give in to my demands.

------------------------------

I'll also be asking Canada and Mexico to form a super country. I know, I know. Everyone is going to be pissed. Unless you're willing to die to keep our countries separate, I'll continue on as planned. Once we get the details of that worked out, I'll try to get each region to specialize in a certain area, or at least focus on one thing so that we'll all play our parts and we can have entire former countries focusing on the economy or the military or whatever. Don't get me wrong, we'll still be playing other parts, but I want to see what would happen if we operated in that manner for a bit.

Whether or not American and the UN wants us to remain passive, I'll be helping South America out. Why? Because I'm a nice guy. Also because I want to control the entire hemisphere. Assuming the NAU-style government works out, we can try to join with South America and see how that works out.

Before you explode about how horrible a one-world government is, think about it for a sec. The problem with a one-world government is so much that the system is bad, but that people are corruptible. Because I'll nominate myself to be leader for life, corruption will be at an all-time low, and I'll be personally picking my proteges. Any corrupt behavior, be it stealing technology and selling it to our enemies, taking money from lobbyists or whatever will put you in jail for a very long time. Not the kind of jail where you can go to spas either, so don't try to pull a fast one on humanity.

Education:

While we're still separated into states, the education system will be run by each state individually. There is no one system of education that works for everyone. We all live in different environments and different kinds of people live in different kinds of places. States will be providing the majority of the funding, but if they need help, I'll try to bail them out.

The best teachers from around the world are welcome to teach at our schools, and you'll find that giving will in turn lead to receiving in the form of a nice big check from yours truly on top of your salary. Those who would better the people of America are heroes and deserve whatever they can get.

Health care:

I'll hire Michael Moore to design our health care system.

I'll toss a coin. If it lands on heads, we'll stick to what we have, but revamp areas of it so that insurance companies aren't growing fat over the deaths of our people. If it lands on tails, we'll perform a detailed analysis on the "free" health care systems of the world and make some magic happen.

Security/Military:

This is the reason why they're going to make us the official world police and why we're going to give in to our demands.

We're going to turtle. You've all played rts' so I'm not going to explain the concept. We're spending more money than the entire world combined on our military, sure, but we aren't doing it efficiently, and most of the money goes to retarded projects like building 20+ helicopters for the President that can barely fly, with each helicopter costing more than an F-22 (true story). I'll treat the military the way I treated GM and all of those other *******s who care more about making a profit than making progress. You want to buy 20 helicopters that can't fly but you don't want to outfit our humvees with armor? Please, walk over to my deathtrap. Who's next?

I want to continue spending that much money, and I want to see laser guns and ultrasonic aircraft and optical stealth and whatever else the most brilliant minds in the country can think of. We have the money, we have the people. Do the research. Stop mucking about and trying to attack a railgun to that stupid helicopter. Stop it.

By the time we're through, you'd need the entire world combined just to take on this country. You'd need another planet and twice as many people to beat us. But again, we're going to be fair. We're going to be the UN's sword, since UN troops are about as effective as fighting a Space Marine with towel. You tell us where to strike, and we strike.

But if anyone ever decides to turn on us, know that you're risking the lives of everyone on the planet.

It'll also be mandatory to enlist in the military for 2 years. I don't want our people to die abroad, but I'd like every single person in our country to be able to fight a war on our home turf if it ever came down to that. Also, being educated about firearms usually leads to less deaths by firearms. I guess people aim for the legs rather than the chest.

----------------------------------------

Before the NAU thing works out, I'll put troops on our borders to placate civilians. The troops have nothing to do, anyway, now that they're all home so it'll be something to pass the time.

Summary:

Don't vote for me unless you want to see the rise of an empire unlike any before it, and an empire that will be unmatched for all time.

I'm tired of pointless wars and I'm tired of killing each other. There are no Americans, there are no Brits, there are no Russians, there are no Chinese. There is only humanity, and until we all realize that, we'll never be able to conquer the solar system, and eventually the galaxy.

One world.

One government.

One people.

For the Empire.

Side note: I didn't proofread the post because I don't want to read through this monster, as I'll end up adding 400 more paragraphs. If something doesn't make sense, just say so and I'll elaborate.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The illusion of power corrupts. The illusion of absolute power corrupts absolutely.

All human power is temporal.

Should I ever get out of hand, the American people will take care of me. I'm counting on them to save themselves.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im actually surprised that hasnt happened already, zeo

You stated you would do what the population wants. I was pointing out that the population is not always right. This is the reason why Supreme Court Judges are appointed for life. The right decision isn't always the popular decision.
well it was because of popular decision that racism was banned and slavery abolished. people just needed to see how poorly they were treated. the creation of factories helped a little too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If I'd be president, I'd make everyone venerate the chicke god.

On a serious note tough, If I'd be president I'd first give more money to school and take from the prisons, **** those people, they don't deserve 3 meals a day one is enough.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If I'd be president, I'd make everyone venerate the chicke god.

On a serious note tough, If I'd be president I'd first give more money to school and take from the prisons, **** those people, they don't deserve 3 meals a day one is enough.
You'd make a horrible president.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Lionheart

Just curious, were you intending on having all homeless people shot too? Since they "choose" their lives, and spend them begging?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom