If Bach played guitar.....

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yngwie Malmsteen is good, but watch him play without delay. He can't do it as good.

He's still a very good guitarist, one of the fastest I've heard, but remember it's not all about speed. Also, I have to say that acoustic play he did is amazing. It's amazingly hard for an average guitarist to even pull off a moderately hard solo on an acoustic, yet look at what this guy is doing with it.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think Satch is my favorite shredder. He's got a lot of groove too which I like.

Ynvie is the best at speed though I think. I dunno how he does it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i like Yngwie but hes gotten monotonous. he seems to use the same riffs over and over in his solo's.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
i like Yngwie but hes gotten monotonous. he seems to use the same riffs over and over in his solo's.
Unfortunately I am inclined to agree. Although I do believe Yngwie is an excellent guitarist, he is, but a lot of his music sounds very much the same. And that detracts from his amazing ability to play the guitar for me.

Fast does not always mean better. And going up and down the frets of a guitar does not always mean better. To me it's all about sound, as I believe it should be. If it sounds awesome, then why should it matter how fast he or she is going or how frequently he changes frets/octaves.

I think that's why I believe Satriani is by far my favorite guitarist. His range in music is nothing other then unique and genius. Not to mention all of his songs, in no way, sound similar to another.

:Edit:

Barney, if you haven't already seen this, it's amazing. If only I had a fraction of this talent:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...dren+of+Bodom&ei=Tls7SKvaOpPg-wHc2LDhAw&hl=en

:Edit2:

Also, as I said before, I believe fast doesn't always mean better. http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...=Joe+Satriani&ei=mFw7SKLoJaeg4ALgwuTSAw&hl=en

Now this is one of my favorite songs by Joe Satriani, and it's not his fastest. It does have fast parts in it. But they're fluid and go really well with the rest of the song. Yngwie, seems to go really fast and can end up in a jumbled mess. As if the sound is tangled with other sounds and I just don't like that. I like just like the fluidity of the songs Satriani does.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like always with me, always with you. and crystal planet.

I'm more of a gilbert fan. Malmsteen is a lunatic anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom