Identify this graphics "module". Please.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im tryuing to find out what this is.

Chip type: Intel(R) 82845G Graphics Controller
DAC Type: Internal
Memory size 64 MB
Adapter String: Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV
Bios Information: Intel Video BIOS

I'm stumped... I couldn't google it, and I cant help her update her driver unless i know what this is. Any help?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe it's an intel integrated graphics card. Even if you could get drivers, they wouldn't help the 'performance' much.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
She can play source without much of a problem.. thats what made me not beleive its intergrated.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats in integrated card, no doubt about it. last i checked intel didnt make seperate videocards, (im probabaly wrong though, i always am)

i wouldnt get too paranoid about drivers for it, like smith said, it wouldnt help you much, integrated cards usually arent built for gaming.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nuttzy said:
thats in integrated card, no doubt about it. last i checked intel didnt make seperate videocards, (im probabaly wrong though, i always am)

i wouldnt get too paranoid about drivers for it, like smith said, it wouldnt help you much, integrated cards usually arent built for gaming.
interesting, she can play source on it and minimal res is 800x600, max is 1600x1200. What intergrated card does that?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yours does,

chances are, if you puchased a pc as opposed to havng one built for you, your running it off the integrated video device.

open your computer up, is your monitor plugged into the top part of your motherboard or to an pci/agp slot down below. that'll answer your question without a doubt.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they use to be good back in the older days of gaming , But games are better these days and intel haven't exactly caught up with it , and hp , dell and compaq love to rip people off with intergrated gfx chips

if she does have one of them corprate pcs then go to the hp comaq or dell site and look for updates for drivers , bios and so on from there

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
RandyHobo said:
they use to be good back in the older days of gaming , But games are better these days and intel haven't exactly caught up with it , and hp , dell and compaq love to rip people off with intergrated gfx chips

if she does have one of them corprate pcs then go to the hp comaq or dell site and look for updates for drivers , bios and so on from there
No, they were never good. As long as they run off of the system ram, they'll be horribly bottlenecked.

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Smith| said:
No, they were never good. As long as they run off of the system ram, they'll be horribly bottlenecked.
Well mostly all the integrated gfx on mobo's are crap, even if they have 64mb of video memory. :p

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
lol shared memory ftl

my first rig had an 8 meg integrated AGP card >_> (2x iirc)

it ran like, rainbow 6 and quake 2 just fine, but it struggled to run quake 3 in 640x480 at playable fps

I wouldn't bother with upgrading drivers with that like was said... she's probably packing a celery processor too >_<

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smith| said:
itr said:
Well mostly all the integrated gfx on mobo's are crap, even if they have 64mb of video memory. :p
i was stating the earlier days -_-..........

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Kurt said:
lol shared memory ftl

my first rig had an 8 meg integrated AGP card >_> (2x iirc)

it ran like, rainbow 6 and quake 2 just fine, but it struggled to run quake 3 in 640x480 at playable fps

I wouldn't bother with upgrading drivers with that like was said... she's probably packing a celery processor too >_<
Eh, my old HP had a 4mb integrated video card, I ran HL at like 640x480. Oh man thats so old 1999ish....

Best answers
yeah RavenTrunks, I have the exact same card (if you would call it a card, I think its a video accelerator or some crap like that). Somehow I have Halo, Battlefield 1942, TES 3 Morrowind and Need for speed Underground running on it, If you have enough ram, it can surprise you and play some games that it shouldn't play.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i use to use one and it played all the games i liked to play ages ago like red alert 2 yuri's revenge , rollercoaster tycoon and starcrfat , but they were never really a 3d game , and that's what i ment by earlier

ditch it and get a gfx card , you will prasie any new gfx card like a god compared to that onboard junk of a video accelerator

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nuttzy said:
yours does,

chances are, if you puchased a pc as opposed to havng one built for you, your running it off the integrated video device.

open your computer up, is your monitor plugged into the top part of your motherboard or to an pci/agp slot down below. that'll answer your question without a doubt.
whoops i can see how this misunderstanding happened...

when i ment she, i wasnt refering to a computer. i was refering to my friend.(which is a girl) heh anyways I myself have a ASUS ATI Raedon 9600SE.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only half way not terrible on mobo graphics setup was the NForce 2, period. All the rest sucked horribly, even for their time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
/me fondly remembers getting Starcraft to run on a Pentium 75mhz...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom