IDEAS

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so tell me about your ideeas what happes when you shot off bouth of your enemys armes of ??? he can't melee you shots a magic from his ass ?, what happes when you shot of his legs to , he can't use a magic to fly what ill goku do with no legs and arms , bite vegeta to death ??

Best answers
yes, i believe goku with broken arms and legs, or somone in that situation acutaly did attempt to bite someone to death

Best answers
wel you can alwaus eat sensu beans.But the idea is great.When his bouth arms or legs are shot he is good as death.But thats the point.And that idea to bit is GOOD too....

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oki let's say the ideea is greate how will goku with no arms eat a senzu uses his feat to eat it or what , and tell me how is this balanced in a game , ever in real life , how can an unarmed man win agains a fully fuctional man,huh where is the balance in the game with that, what brings more to the game i can allmoste see it Pro vs Nub, Pro shots of noobs arm , noob runing to mami to tell on him

Best answers
Someone's going to have to tell me why that idea is great .. :rolleyes: goku was incapacitated once, against picolo, and used his head .. but that certainly was not for biting, and since we don't have picolo being 10 meters tall either, I guess that idea is a bit off

:notice: Exit's that way.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seriously. Do any of you "Yea this idea is great" guys know what that would mean.

It would mean you need a different model for eachpossible combination of incapacitated limbs.

So first thats 5 models with 1 limb down, 4 then extra models for 2 limb combinations, 4 more models for 4 limb incapacitations and finally 1 more model for 4 limb incapacitations.

That leaves us with 14 models single form of one character. Then you have to take into account that the animations would have to be changed for all those models cause they cant use some of their limbs.

So lets calculate that to. 14 * 11 characters * 3 forms per character = 462

So aproximately it would be 462 models. But wait they still need animations. So with a taken 40 (maybe more) animations per character that ends up in round 18000 animations that would need to be done.

So lets just forget the idea shall we.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Darktooth would be up to it ^^.

On a more serious note, other than being difficult to implement the idea really wouldn't contribute very much to the game. It would probably get annoying if your character broke both their arms and legs, fell to the ground and starting flailing and had to bite everyone who came near by.

It's a nice idea on paper (or screen?) but probably not practical for a game like ESF.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uhhh.... Im gonna be blunt and straight with you.
that idea, Not Happening.

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Grega, the Goldsource engine isn't and update to the Quake1 engine. Half-life as supposed to run on quake but they changed it and it ran on a engine with two names either u can call it Goldsource or u can call it Unreal Engine 1.

Best answers
On-Topic: I don't think lossing limbs fits on esf. Anyway, it would be great if after getting damaged down to an percent of health, the character model, still, running and walking animations change into another to reflect that he is actually damaged.

Plus, but it can be too long to do, is adding different animations for attacks when you are damaged. For example, if you are at 100% health with gohan and you do a kamehameha, he will do it like Goku, but if you are, for example, at 30% health, you do the kamehameha with just 1 hand, like the powerstruggle in the cell saga vs cell. I think this can add imersion to the game.

Off-topic: To stop controversy about from where the GoldSrc was created, here is a picture of the evolution of the id engine, including the GoldenSrc:
Quake Family Tree

Have Fun ^^

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Plus, but it can be too long to do, is adding different animations for attacks when you are damaged. For example, if you are at 100% health with gohan and you do a kamehameha, he will do it like Goku, but if you are, for example, at 30% health, you do the kamehameha with just 1 hand, like the powerstruggle in the cell saga vs cell. I think this can add imersion to the game.
This sounds pretty good. There is something similar already implemented (I don't know if it's been removed) with the stamina system, your character will be shown tired once his stamina reaches an all time low.

As long as it doesn't affect gameplay in any way, I could imagine this as a neat addition.

Best answers
yeah they have different damage animations, not sure if the moves are counted in this, but it may be

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom