ideas for later improvements

Best answers
heres just one improvement to a future update of the game that i wouldnt mind seeing.
it is do with destructible environments. by this i am referring to when for eg a person fires off a kamahamaha and it goes astray and plummets to the ground, i would like to see some form of hole, or any alteration of the terrain. it would be cool to see this happen to buildings, bridges ect. if no body knows what i am reffering to it is kind of similar to the destructible environments in RED FACTION except not as complex as that.
i know this would be a very big challenge for any coder/programmer to do and it would be awesome if they could pull it off.
this is just an idea, and not any sort of request to make it happen.
keep up the good work guys, cause ESF rocks, as much as DBZ for that matter.

PS. I think SSJ2 transformations would be sweet as it would push u harder in the game to achieve it.

Cheers guys

Best answers
Sadly, there are limitations to what can be done with the HL engine, and detructable terrain is probably one of them.

New transformations should come eventually, though.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Destructable objects are possible but there kind of crappy. Seeing how the source code for halflife isn't public (yet) then its not really conceivable atm. It would either take way to much work or it is impossible all together. Red Faction is built on the geomod engine which is the first of its kind. Allthough halflife 2 will feature a lot of destructable things and be incredibly realistic it will still not be fully destructable as red faction was.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh, Red faction wasn't really all that good either, there was a limit on the destruction(after a while nothing would be destructable anymore), and only certain areas were destructable, they made it seem like every box, wall, and building would be destructable, but it wasn't still better than anything out there, but not what they hyped it up to be.

I think it would be cool to put some destructable objects into ESF, but currently the only destructable objects ive seen, were like boxes, chairs, certain walls, and glass. If there is a way to make parts of mountains destructable, it would be very cool to see in game.

Best answers
and ne way if everythin was destructable ud cud be jus in a empty box by the end of a good battle. and ive seen destructable stuff on Cs maps (i remeba a good lobby 1) with like a thin wall round each pillar that got destroyed. but esf different as it alot more bigger and detailed so i wudnt be sure.

Best answers
The Half Life engine cannot be used in that fashion, doing so will cause to many problems, its a good idea, but if they made it on the redfaction engine... ...but they didnt. and if you did have destrctable terrain, you will more than likely require and even higher and more powerful system than what most people allready have, I know im struggling to play esf on my 300, 3dfx banshee, and 256mb of ram. but its upto the mod makers to do so...

Best answers
what about just implementing it into the maps...i know for a fact that in wu_bigarena u can make craters with beams...and in the craters there are sensu...and in dbz_cellgames the tank, jeeps, and the ring itself are destructable if enuff damage is done to them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom