Idea for fusion!

Best answers
Ok I know a lot of people dont want fusion in the game, but if you listen to this it will be totally possible, and good!

For those of you who have played Super Smash Bro Melee, you know about the ice climbers. For those of you who dont, heres how it works. You control one person, while the computer controls the other one.

Now this could easily work for Goten/Trunks, since they are really two major characters who need to be involved in ESF. Have it so when a person picks Goten or Trunks, they get them both. Of course they wont be very powerful when they are seperate for over powering reasons, but you can have a button which calls the computer over to either help, or fuse. Once they fuse they can be gotenks, which I know a lot of people like ^_^

This really is the best way to get Goten/Trunks and Gotenks in the game, IMO. Come on people, give some feedback:yes:

Best answers
Problem is that if there was a player instead of a computer controlled thingy then who would control it? which makes it dodgy

Best answers
No No, when you pick one you get both. Its a pair thing, if you pick Goten you also get a comp controlled Trunks. If you pick Trunks you get a comp controlled Goten.

No one will control the other person in the pair, so when they fuse it will be controlled by the same person.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wouldnt work

think about hitting the one attack animation would seem odd if 2 people were sent flying with one punch

and think about balancing wouldnt be fair if 1 person got 2 people to gang up on a different person

so no the best way to get goten and trunks in the game is to have them start fused as gotenks... no dancing, no npc goten or trunks, no confuseing controll scheme, no ****ed up lag issues, no heart attacks for harsens and joe

Best answers
good idea, but here's a problem

Say you are goten, you get melee'd across the map, what is lil' trunks gunna do. He obviously cant turbo all the way to goten, he would get massacred (the lil ones are pretty slow when not ssj). Which reminds me, could they become ssj?

Maybe you could have 2 choices when choosing the two kids:
1. Choose not to do fushion but let them become ssj (maybe not even have to choose them in a pair?)
2. Choose to do fushion but not ssj (when not fused)

And what happens when one of them dies?

Still though it is a very good idea when approaching fushion and the melee problem could be thier negative attribute.

Best answers
could just do it EBFP style, where you have a goten and trunks model together and when you hit the fuse button they do a little animation of them them touching fingers and then they get put together. It doesn't look too bad actually.

Best answers
ive seen this post time and time again, so i think im gonna make an idea myself.
if this is at all possible.
both players have to acept the wish to fuse and then the two players fuse (nice little animation), and is randomly picked who takes control first. (from then after it is taken in turns?)
you have a time limit (1 minute or maybe more) of being fused.
while fused only 1 person may control at a time while the other watches the action in 1st person view.

how much lag would that make and would it work?

Mog

Best answers
my idea was better...but ive forgoten it!! :shocked:
im sure i posted it on here somewhere...

Best answers
Originally posted by Mog
i recon there should be spare unusable slots on servers to allow a bot to join when you need to fuse...
so if you are goten and wanna fuse to gotenks, you press a key and a trunks bot joins the server, flys over to where you are and does the fusion dance with you and your model changes to gotenks leaving you with full control.
that was your idea..not much better really.
but perhaps its the only way.

Best answers
Why not just make Gotenks as a character?
Put Gotenks in and let him go ssj and ssj3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It rules out the complication of having some incompetent bot play as your other half, while you play as some super crappy little pint sized fighter with half the stats of the others. I mean if you can fuse, whats the point in staying apart anyway?

Best answers
who says they'd be the only ones to fuse? it's just another feature of dbz that makes things intresting, it could be put as another mode (like catch the dragonballs mode) maybe.

oh and your signature, isn't it "goodness, you managed to singe some of my leghairs!"

*shrugs*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Twilight
Why not just make Gotenks as a character?
Put Gotenks in and let him go ssj and ssj3
thats most likely gonna happan

Best answers
I think it should be like Bid for Power...

And like someone said whats the point of 1 hitting 2 at the same time?

uhh i dont know...:fight:

But it would be funner that way and no disadvanteges!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom