I'd say combos need a slight adjustment.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Right now, only one of the attacks needs to hit for a combo to activate. This seems a bit overkill, personally. I think it should need at least two. Thoughts?

Best answers
i reckon its fine the way it is...
i was playing 1.2 on servers for the first time last nite and i was trying a combo
but i couldnt get a hit in
sum ppl are too good at reacting to the blocking arrows (or just good at pressing the right button at the right time)
most of the time wen i use the adv. melee i only get 1 or 2 hits in out of 7 or 8

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Exactly. Once you get good at advanced melee, you can practically dodge everything the enemy throws at you. It's kinda funny, you get to "learn" your opponents combo techniques and sometimes you can block every direction, even if a few of them are random. For example, some players will type in a left, and then ALWAYS follow that with a right ( in attempt to confuse you ), then go to another direction.. Other players will always end their combos with a left hit. Other players ( like shadow when he first started to play ) would enter in combos in a counter-clockwise circle making it rediculously easy to block everything he threw at you...

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damage isn't high in advanced melee anyway. I think the damage needs a boost if anything, and as easy as it is to dodge right now you need at least a chance of hitting with a combo.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
right the problem with the combos are with the 3 hits all being light ur gonna see at least 2 so u can see whats gonna happen and put in the second one cause its obviously apart of the combo

Best answers
Out of curiosity,,,,if you end with a strong hit,,,is there a greater chance it will be random? Cause i always seem to hit my last hits.

Best answers
The melle is ok at the moment, ESF is only in the beta phase. Has anyone ever thought abiut taking on multiple opponents at once and also, in 1.2 does each character only have one combo?

Best answers
No characters have specific class oriented combos... there are only 2 combos and they can be used by all players.. (well atleast I know 1 of them can).

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cheeto101 said:
Out of curiosity,,,,if you end with a strong hit,,,is there a greater chance it will be random? Cause i always seem to hit my last hits.
Yeah.
Weak = 15%
Medium = 25%
Strong = 35%

Best answers
I think** he meant.. if you try and land a strong as your final blow instead of say your first blow... is it more likely to land it?

Although I'm not sure.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the combo's the way they are, but we need more. With just those two, the attacks become extremely predictable, becuase everyone wants to get them in. The minute i see someone do a down light, I'm already ready for the next two, 90% of the time I'm right. Same goes ofr the other combo. Once they add some more combo's in it'll be great. That's why now I try to lay off the combo's unless I need to use them as a last resort. I think it'd be cooler to make the combo a little more complicated, or maybe more powerful combo's that need a much more complex combination to pull off. Only problem I see with that is the one hit activation, with a longer combo, it'd be easier to get at least one of those hits in... so I guess my idea sucks.. -_-.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd say they're fine as is. For the most part, if you miss a light hit, you kinda deserve to get hammered a bit. The only things that should be highly missable are random arrows. Hence, blocking a combo should be at least a little harder than blocking a normal attack. Plus, it gives more tactics to using medium and heavy hits since if you get one, they're gonna miss the next hit and get comboed.

-Karrde-

Best answers
the thing that i miss is that por example goku with 5,000,000 of pl hav the same speed on the punches and kicks in the advanced melee tnat anyother player with 500,000

Best answers
Ultima2_freeze said:
I think** he meant.. if you try and land a strong as your final blow instead of say your first blow... is it more likely to land it?

Although I'm not sure.
Yeah thats exactly what i meant,,,,cause im in a combo,,,i deal a bunch of weak blows,,,and they block and i see their counter arrows im supposed to push, but i just land a strong blow as my last hit and dont hold down primary and i 90% of the time send them flying. Am i just playin people who cant block or is there something else there?

Best answers
kertiek said:
the thing that i miss is that por example goku with 5,000,000 of pl hav the same speed on the punches and kicks in the advanced melee tnat anyother player with 500,000
I agree with Kertiek. Attacks should be much faster as your PL goes up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom