I'd like to lodge a formal complaint.

Best answers
I downloaded both the patch and the full version of 1.1 just fine(The patch messed my freinds esf installation up bad by the way. "HL Has preformend an Illegal act" it says whenever he tries to make a server).

My problem is that the installer keeps freezing! I know why it does too. It is looking for a file that doesn't exist or possesses a different name. My HL is full paid version by the way.

You could save yourself time by letting the user pick out the correct spot manually. I know how to find it, I can do this manually. so help me out! ideas for what the error could be are welcome.

Best answers
Same happened to me but its our fault though cuz we rushed them.

Best answers
you did have the old esf unistalled right? and when 1.1 is installing leave your pc alone while it does so.
Even with 512 ram it took a bit of time

Best answers
Accually, I don't post much because I feel confident they'll do there job well.

why would it need to be uninstalled?

Does anybody know where it looks first?

So its just taking its time? Not that I noticed. I could press the x thing in the upper right corner and it gives me the standard thing about the program not responding.

Best answers
OK, I am using the patch, but everytime I try to get in a game, or Start one, I get DLL and CLL errors. Should I just uninstall ESF and get the entire new one?

Best answers
oh yes, and I am that friend he was talkijg about. If anyone can help us out, it'll be greatly appreciated.

Best answers
1.Try deleting the ESF directory entirely then install 1.1.

2. If that doesnt work then try to get the client.dll from someone with a working version.

3. If that doesnt work then try dl 1.1 from a differnt mirror and repeat step #1.

Remeber ESF 1.1 wont work unless you have updated CS/HL to the latest version. HL Latest is 1.1.1.0 and CS latest is 1.0.0.5 (i think). Get the updates here: http://www.ukterrorist.com/newsarchive/1973/ .

Also DO NOT run ESF in software render, use openGL or D3D.

Best answers
How can you say we rushed them when they said that they froze the 1.1 code for weeks..

Best answers
as soon as i got a good dwld, the full version worked perfect, its defintately not a prob with the file, also loads of people i've seen in game haven't had those probs. i just over wrote 1.0 with 1.1 and had no probs, must be the way you installed or something. ? . ? .

Best answers
Brats - its the first word that comes to my mind.

UNDERSTAND THIS BRATS -

Every computer differs in some way, its like a snow flake. No PC is the same, different drivers, different parts, different sources of power, etc. From our 2 week test after the stress, each user tested the installers and the updaters, and they worked flawless.

So when you come complain to us, at least have the courtesy to say something:

ESF team, I appreciate releasing a mod for my favorite game Half-life. Its really fun, and I'd love to keep playing with it. However, i have this issue, whenver I try and update ESF, the installer freezes. Here are my system specs:

Crap CPU
CRAP Vid
Crap PC In general

Here are the steps I have taken to try and fix the error my self, non which did the fix:

1.) Nothing - because its easier to take up Gregs bandwidth and your time, because I have better things to do.
Understand my frustration? Good.

Best answers
ahem ..
it takes a while .. give it time, like 5 minutes.
even if it says not respodning, it's actually working .. just give it sometime and it will be back to normal.

be patient

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Originally posted by Morrone
Same happened to me but its our fault though cuz we rushed them.
Morrone, your wise ass sarcasm is pissing me off, you just have to take what the team says and throw it in their face, and AMsta even said, it was a "behind the scenes" rush that took place, maybe you should frikkin look before you leap.;(

Best answers
Originally posted by Magus
Morrone, your wise ass sarcasm is pissing me off, you just have to take what the team says and throw it in their face, and AMsta even said, it was a "behind the scenes" rush that took place, maybe you should frikkin look before you leap.;(
Acutally, the team never blamed us for rushing them, it was the forum mods.

;(

The only problem I have with the install is the Trunks sword animation bug(crosshair is fine). I think groovy found a fix for this but Im not sure, and too lazy to look right now. I don't use trunks anyway, soooooo....

Best answers
well actually mine froze the first time. so i ended task on the esf full installer, and tried again, it worked then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom