I'd just die if I could see the movie UP

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I read this before. Saw your title, instantly thought you were a horrible, horrible person. :p

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bleh. What a horrible story. It's not sad, it's actually stupid. It makes me angry. It is only good PR for Disney. All Disney movies post 1995 have been pretty much crap, with all traces of death or bad things removed. I used to respect Disney, I do not now.

Overall, rather lame wish if yer dying little girl. The way they made the story also, just promotes Disney and makes her dying a backstory.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A dying girl's wish is granted. A Mega Corporation profits. All is right in the world.

Seriously though, while Disney finds promotion in a child's death, that child's wish is also granted. I'm honestly surprised they spend the money on a plane ticket.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Surprised? Disney does this and earns another 50 million in the box office. For a few hundred $$, not a big deal.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Surprised? Disney does this and earns another 50 million in the box office. For a few hundred $$, not a big deal.
Makes sense they'd do it. I guess I'd start looking at it so negatively when they do a made for TV movie about the story and throw it on one of their channels.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it was a nice thing for Disney to do.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Note it says Pixar granted her wish, not Disney.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It says Disney Pixar actually.

Still a nice thing for them to do. I'm glad that girl got to see the film, dying at 10 must be awful. I know that there are children around the world dying but all of their deaths are far too early.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love how this shows (Oké it doesn't really show it, it could be coincidence)
How the human brain/consciences can effect the body.

She had one last goal in life, the goal was met, the body and mind gave in.
I find this to be a very beautiful and magical thing.. even if this is going to be milked.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Bleh. What a horrible story. It's not sad, it's actually stupid. It makes me angry. It is only good PR for Disney. All Disney movies post 1995 have been pretty much crap, with all traces of death or bad things removed. I used to respect Disney, I do not now.

Overall, rather lame wish if yer dying little girl. The way they made the story also, just promotes Disney and makes her dying a backstory.
I totally Agrees with you :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
****, I still haven't seen it either. This story tickles my heart strings.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
seriously though, until you guys have kids, you really DON'T understand what a big deal this really is.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Aren't you being a little too pessimistic?

The story of Up starts off with an old man's wife dying of old age, so he attaches balloons to his house to float away. At least to me, that's a pretty profound action to find in a Disney movie. Practically half of Disney animated features have to do with death or loss, so I don't know where you got that sentiment from.

A girl had a dying wish, a large company granted it. Now Disney isn't a saint, but they came out there and granted that wish (I can't believe the mom had to TELL her what was happening). If people go see Up because of this, that's fine. This doesn't have to be about a company exploiting a girl's death for profit. Really, I had not heard of this until Kain posted it (you are a terrible, terrible person Kain :p. That article had links to responses on her situation and when her vigil is going to be. I highly doubt Disney is going to instantly make "50 million at the box office".

And what is wrong with her wish? She had a couple of more weeks left and she just wanted to see that movie. What would have been a "good" wish? What if Disney had said "no" to her wish? Would you be calling them a heartless company too busy counting their money?

Last edited:
The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love your cynicism and usually would agree with you, but nothing is absolute and that isn't always the case. Google Up, even Google News Up and there's no-one reporting this news story, nothing about it on their site, no mention of it anywhere. This is an extremely small news piece and if anything it's being under-played.

What a touching story <3
Interesting. And you're right, I haven't even heard about it on any news stations like they would be doing if they were milking the story.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I'm actually surprised that this didn't got published, usually heart crushing stories like that immediatley go to the high press: emotional squeeze - Scoop!(ratings lol)

I'd guess Disney asked them not to make this high rep, and I'm happy if they did.

Or they used double psychology! dunno ahah

Best answers
Thats so awesome. Disney/Pixar sure knows how to get good PR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom