iamchris4life 100% dragonforce on expert

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sorry Kain but you cant compare EVH to some kid playing guitar hero.

And hes doing some mad tapping, not 5 god damn buttons in the same hand position on a mini guitar.

tapping
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l-yUO15brzU&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l-yUO15brzU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

tapping
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hj34GqcGF1U&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hj34GqcGF1U&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

not tapping
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S5GpRJItqjw&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S5GpRJItqjw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sorry Kain but you cant compare EVH to some kid playing guitar hero.

And hes doing some mad tapping, not 5 god damn buttons in the same hand position on a mini guitar.
Oh, just to clear it up I wasn't comparing the two, I was comparing the double technique. EVH is the first person to come to mind. I was thinking of the double tapping, as where he HAS to use double tapping to play eruption, same as you HAVE to use double tapping to play some songs, like dragonforce or jordan.

EVH will rape chris any day.

edit: That is a ****ing awesome video. Now, according to spunky's statement which I was trying to disprove, he was saying that using two hands is a cheap technique. By his logic I was saying, say in that video, that since he's using two hands to play that song it's considered cheap guitar playing.

That was my arguement.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have jordan on my itunes and I have no idea why they made it so ridiculous on guitar hero.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've since accepted the fact that you can't get 100% without using two hands, which leads me to question the developers, but whatever.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have jordan on my itunes and I have no idea why they made it so ridiculous on guitar hero.
Because Neversoft directly contacted Buckethead for him to write a song specifically for Guitar Hero 2, which they were going to make it 'completely insane and near impossible', and which he agree'd. He wrote Jordan specifically for Guitar Hero 2, and knowing bucket head, he probably made it as complex as possible, so they threw in all kinds of notes.

You also have to remember, there's only 5 buttons and A LOT of notes in Jordan coming at you.

@Spunky, well, I can't help you there. It's the developers questionable fault you have to double tap, but ya do. Regardless, even real guitarists can say that some songs are harder on guitar hero than real guitar. I've talked to a few friends and they said raining blood is much easier to play on a real guitar then Guitar Hero (Like Mosh 1 on it)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well since he posted a video of himself playing a video game, that would give me the indication that he either wants attention, has no life, (that "has no life" is bull, it's hardly ever true), or wants people to acknowledge his accomplishment, (nothing wrong with that). I'm thinking that he wants people to acknowledge his accomplishment. Why was he so amazed that he completed it? Out of all of the times he's tried it, the time when he completes it he just so happened to be recording it? Seems odd to me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well since he posted a video of himself playing a video game, that would give me the indication that he either wants attention, has no life, (that "has no life" is bull, it's hardly ever true), or wants people to acknowledge his accomplishment, (nothing wrong with that). I'm thinking that he wants people to acknowledge his accomplishment. Why was he so amazed that he completed it? Out of all of the times he's tried it, the time when he completes it he just so happened to be recording it? Seems odd to me.
Nope. He records every session. He has videos of his closer achievements, where he got -3 notes. Anytime he played it he recorded it. It wasn't a "Oh I'll record it this time" kind of thing.

He's also known for being the guy that was going to FC dragonforce as he has had the highest score on it ever. Basically, in the guitar hero community, all eyes were on him waiting for him to get 100%. I doubt he did it for attention, rather for being the first one to FC the hardest song in the game.

edit:

does your signature change?

watch those videos.

Yeah, my sig changes :p

Also, just wondering, why isn't it considered tapping? He's using two hands to hit it.

edit: I think I can relate his reaction as surprised as to when I beat Jordan on GH2 for the first time. It's how I acted :p

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nope. He records every session. He has videos of his closer achievements, where he got -3 notes. Anytime he played it he recorded it. It wasn't a "Oh I'll record it this time" kind of thing.
Well that makes sense, that's the only video of his that I've seen so that's why.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
That guy is an inspiration to us all.
Wrong. He's crap and sucks ass. His technique is cheap and I hope both his arms are cut off....oh wait.

Now here's my question LionHeart. Why do you feel this man is an inspiration to us all? Because he can play the guitar with his feet?

What makes this man so different than the guy who did 100% on guitar hero's hardest song (assuming, I've never played guitar hero in my life).

The video I posted: The man plays the guitar with his feet, in public. To a crowd. Showing off? Bragging? Why with his feet? Because he can't do it any other way. A cheap technique?

The video Kain Posted: The guy plays the guitar using both his hands and when he can't hit the keys on time normally has found another way to do it. He also doesn't do it in front of a crowd, but instead; films it. Showing off? Bragging? Why does he double tap/hammer-on? Because he can't do it any other way. A cheap technique?

I hope people see what I'm getting at.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That guy has no arms. He has no choice. The other guy could play with one hand should be choose too. He may not get 100%, but he can play with one hand.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wrong. He's crap and sucks ass. His technique is cheap and I hope both his arms are cut off....oh wait.

Now here's my question LionHeart. Why do you feel this man is an inspiration to us all? Because he can play the guitar with his feet?

What makes this man so different than the guy who did 100% on guitar hero's hardest song (assuming, I've never played guitar hero in my life).

The video I posted: The man plays the guitar with his feet, in public. To a crowd. Showing off? Bragging? Why with his feet? Because he can't do it any other way. A cheap technique?

The video Kain Posted: The guy plays the guitar using both his hands and when he can't hit the keys on time normally has found another way to do it. He also doesn't do it in front of a crowd, but instead; films it. Showing off? Bragging? Why does he double tap/hammer-on? Because he can't do it any other way. A cheap technique?

I hope people see what I'm getting at.
Do I really have to answer? Because it's pretty obvious :yes:

Just in case people don't get your sarcasm:
He's an inspiration to us all because he's showing his talent to the people and at the same time giving hope to those who are disabled.
In GH3's case that guy "gives hope" through doing hammer-on's and being an example to the other gamers.

edit:
@Spunky well he could've tryed the harder way and atempt to play with his elbows+face. So you're going in a circle.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That guy has no arms. He has no choice. The other guy could play with one hand should be choose too. He may not get 100%, but he can play with one hand.
He had a choice Spunky, actually he had two choices: not playing the guitar or play the guitar with his feet.

That guy could of played guitar with his penis and I'd still be amazed. Who cares how he played the song, **** using two hands and switching back to one hand is hard enough.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then the guitar hero kid actually had three choices, he could have not played. I didn't say the guy wasn't amazing, I've only seen 3 other people play guitar with their feet. But he's very limited in his options, he almost has no choice but to use his feet. It'd be (in Damaera's words) "nearly impossible" to play any other way, right?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then the guitar hero kid actually had three choices, he could have not played. I didn't say the guy wasn't amazing, I've only seen 3 other people play guitar with their feet. But he's very limited in his options, he almost has no choice but to use his feet. It'd be (in Damaera's words) "nearly impossible" to play any other way, right?
Nothing is impossible, it's just harder. In your eyes it may be impossible cuz you don't posses the motivation to do it but if he has the right motivation it's doable.
A thing is either hard/harder or impossible there is no nearly impossible.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did I say impossible? No, I said nearly impossible (and yes, there is such a thing -_-). What you're saying is pretty obvious and doesn't even need to be said.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Isn't the objective of any video game to do the best you can and have fun doing it?

The guy played the video game perfectly. Not something many people can accomplish.

Because you seem to debunk anything I throw at you. I'll throw some more at you.

Exhibit: Spoon
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NCKTeRW3OhQ

This man chose, instead of using a slider, to use a spoon. Is his technique cheap? Is he doing it wrong?

Have you not learned yet, that there is no wrong way to play the guitar? Whether it be a plastic one for a video game, or a real one.

There's no wrong way to do anything so long as the same goal is being met.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom