iamchris4life 100% dragonforce on expert

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He is... a ***. What he did was the equivalent of an easy mode for expert mode. He used two hands while strumming with his elbow. He doesn't deserve any praise. Had he held it correctly and played correctly, I'd be amazed, but he didn't, so I'm not.

Edit: You know what, **** it. I don't really care. I guess nobody is good enough to 100% TTFAF on expert without doing so very gaily.
wtf? Why is using two hands incorrect?

So you mean to tell me when eddie van halen plays erution, near the end and uses two hands, he's playing the guitar incorrectly?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kb1wuBFfALs&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kb1wuBFfALs&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

watch from 15 seconds inward. Is that considered incorrectly? By your logic, it is.

edit: also, note he never strums with his elbow. He starts every double tap with a strum of the thumb and he quickly moves his hand to position for double tapping and goes back.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're comparing real guitar to that of a video game? Come on Kain. When Eddie Van Halen does it, it's because it sounds good. When this guy does it, it's to make it easier so he can brag about "winning" on the interweb. Two completely different things.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If he can actually play a solo from that song, then I'd be impressed. Guitar Hero doesn't impress me in the least bit. It's like getting a lapdance from a dude for me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're comparing real guitar to that of a video game? Come on Kain. When Eddie Van Halen does it, it's because it sounds good. When this guy does it, it's to make it easier so he can brag about "winning" on the interweb. Two completely different things.
Ah, but the concept is not. Eddie Van Halen is using a technique to get that effect and to play it right.

iamchris4life is using a technique to hit all the notes and to play it right.

See what I did there? I bolded it for you incase you didn't catch it, yo. It's a technique, just like, say in skateboarding, if someone found an easier way to ollie, it's not considered unimpressive. It's still good, even if he's doing it differently / how everyone doesn't do it.

AFAIK, iamchris4life has not bragged at all about his winning. He posted a video showing his accomplishments. I don't know about you but being the only one in the world to be able to do something must count for some kind of bragging rights, whether it be video game related or not. If I was the only one in the world that could twist my foot around 7 times, I'd sure as hell be showing everyone.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thinking about it, the guy's probably pretty good. Not the best, but, I mean, I can't really blame him. He is the first person to get 100%, so maybe more amazing videos will follow soon. I saw a video a while back of a guy who hit all but like 5 notes or something while constantly strumming, standing, and only using one hand on the buttons.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thinking about it, the guy's probably pretty good. Not the best, but, I mean, I can't really blame him.
haha... funny thing.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0zZ2ceSc_TE&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0zZ2ceSc_TE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

he IS the best guitar hero player in the world. People who come in second are Lo7, Hellashes, deathpotato, etc. They're commonly known as well.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I'd assume he's playing the game with every setting cranked up that could possibly make the game more difficult. So allow me to reiterate: I can't really blame him.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Watching it, it appears that he's capable of reaching 100% yet he uses a cheap 'technique' when he knows he'll have difficulty hitting all of the notes.

Don't compare him in any way, to Eddie Van Halen.
E.V.H uses two hands to entertain the audience, the guy in the video does so to avoid screwing up and thus, cheap.

That'd kind of be like me memorizing (What he does) the line art to Toriyama's art style and reaching great praise (from people who are fans of the show/can't draw/loldeviantart) just by drawing his creations and not really learning much else from art.

Hell, even HE is surprised he got 100% when anyone else who played properly would be like "**** YEAH! FINALLY! YES! (cackle)/Bragrightfullyso" et cetera.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Watching it, it appears that he's capable of reaching 100% yet he uses a cheap 'technique' when he knows he'll have difficulty hitting all of the notes.

Don't compare him in any way, to Eddie Van Halen.
E.V.H uses two hands to entertain the audience, the guy in the video does so to avoid screwing up and thus, cheap.

That'd kind of be like me memorizing (What he does) the line art to Toriyama's art style and reaching great praise (from people who are fans of the show/can't draw/loldeviantart) just by drawing his creations and not really learning much else from art.

Hell, even HE is surprised he got 100% when anyone else who played properly would be like "**** YEAH! FINALLY! YES! (cackle)/Bragrightfullyso" et cetera.
There's nothing bad with double tapping in guitar hero. Why? Look back on Guitar Hero 2. Jordan on Expert. The devs themselves told everyone the solo to Jordan was specifically created to double tap it. So, if you call the double tapping technique a cheap technique, well, playing with one hand and strumming with your thumb is considered a cheap technique as well.

I think he was mostly surprised because from what I can remember he's been working on a dragonforce FC for about 5 months, but REALLY started trying about a month or two ago. I'd be pretty surprised after all that time I got it, thinking "Oh ****... this was... THEE ****ing run."

I wasn't comparing EVN to chris. No ****ing way. EVN is a god. Chris is a gamer. Regardless, I was using more of an analogy with technique, how you can do different style to accomplish a goal.

A very poor example of this would be losing weight. One could go about lifting weights, cardio, exercise, eating healthy as a form of losing weight. Another can go for the whole bulimic anorexia thing and lose weight. It's still accomplishing the same goal, but using a different way.

Now I know that's a poor example because bulimia and anorexia is a bad thing, but it's trying to prove a point.

Regardless, as I was saying, I'd love to see EVN play eruption with one hand. It's impossible unless you have extremely long fingers. You can probably play the closer bits with one hand but having your index on the second fret, while continously tapping the 8th fret is, well, simply physically impossible. Sometimes you just need to do certain techniques to achieve a goal, as with double tapping.

edit: I'm still lost, what's so cheap about the technique? It's like, say, on the nintendo 64 controller someone positions their hand so it's covering the left and middle side so you can use both the analog and the d-pad. Would that be cheap? No, it's just another way to do it.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
edit: I'm still lost, what's so cheap about the technique? It's like, say, on the nintendo 64 controller someone positions their hand so it's covering the left and middle side so you can use both the analog and the d-pad. Would that be cheap? No, it's just another way to do it.
Basically there are no rules on how you're supposed to play the guitar, if you want to play it with your feet then fine by me if you're good at it.

This is like complaining about people using simple melee in esf and being better than those who use advance melee. Since they're jellous cuz the simple melee guys are better with the same amount of effort.
'

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Using your own comparison against you, he's taking the easy route by becoming anorexic instead of running off the weight. gg

Edit: Not that I'm saying anorexia is emotionally easy on the persons involved or anything. You know, in case we've got some of them here or something.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Using your own comparison against you, he's taking the easy route by becoming anorexic instead of running off the weight. gg

Edit: Not that I'm saying anorexia is emotionally easy on the persons involved or anything. You know, in case we've got some of them here or something.
Nope. Hey, it works for him. As I said it's a poor example because anorexia is a bad thing. But, it IS an easy way. Same with tapping. It essentially gets you to the same goal, just tapping is easier.

Using your own logic against you, stop using a remote control to control your TV (assuming you watch it.) Stop going the easy way out, and get up and just change the channel yourself with your finger and the TV's buttons.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I don't know if you're serious about cheating, but the intro is full hammerons. He strums the first note and taps the rest.

I strum with my elbow.

edit2: Spunky. You fool. They're all hammer ons and pull offs meaning you don't need to strum to hit them. As long as you strum the note before and hit the rest, you don't have to strum.
I forgot that the whole first section was hopos.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kaination said:
Nope. Hey, it works for him. As I said it's a poor example because anorexia is a bad thing. But, it IS an easy way. Same with tapping. It essentially gets you to the same goal, just tapping is easier.

Using your own logic against you, stop using a remote control to control your TV (assuming you watch it.) Stop going the easy way out, and get up and just change the channel yourself with your finger and the TV's buttons.
We're talking about a video game here Kain, not a TV. But, I'll admit, when I use the remote control it's because I'm incredibly lazy. Just like this guy. You've now repeatedly admitted that he's taking the easy way out, so I'm happy in having won this argument for mankind. I mean, no rebuttal is even necessary here, you argued my side for me.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
2 hands = not cheap. When it's something you HAVE to do, it's definitely not cheap.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As I said earlier, I can't blame him for having to use 2 hands. I'd be far more amazed if he could do it with 1 hand is all.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's nearly impossible to do it with 1 hand. You have to use 2, end of discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom