I won't dare let the news forget about me!

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh Jack Thompson, you never cease to amaze,

Fresh from trying to get Rockstar's Canis Canem Edit title banned, Jack Thompson is at it again, this time targetting Mortal Kombat: Armageddon. There's probably some justification in his complaints; you do spill about two litres of blood per battle and you're able to take out enemies with all manner of weapons. Alas, the complaint isn't regarding the violence, it's because you're actually able to make a character that looks like Jack Thompson.

Thompson has fired off a "cease and desist" email to Midway president and CEO David Zucker that states "It has today come to my attention that the newly recently Mortal Kombat: Armageddon contains an unauthorized commercial exploitation of my name, photograph, image, and likeness within the game. You are commanded to cease and desist immediately from the distribution of this game because of this unauthorized, illegal content."

Gamespot is reporting that the image of Jack Thompson is in relation to a Gaming Target Feature that shows you how to create a Jack Thompson character to fight against.
Source.

Oh Jack, please just shut the **** up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
omfg, what's his problem really? what's so big idea in gaming anyways?
it increases ur reflexes, and some games logic and some intelligence, thats a fact.

Jack Thompson is a ******* and deserves to die..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What a ****ing douchebag.

I hope he gets run over so we're all spared from his stupidity.

Best answers
ROFL lol hahahahahaha!!

That is a great idea! I shall make a jack thompson char! Wonderful idea!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LegendarY said:
omfg, what's his problem really? what's so big idea in gaming anyways?
Money and Noteriety. That's about it.

Nice find. I'm suprised they didn't make a Chuck Norris char though.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats hilarious. I wonder if this case has any merit, I mean, it is true, you can technically make someone of his likeness in the game... But thats someone whose playing the game whose making it and it makes them at fault.. Yet they were making it with the tools the game provided.

Should be interesting.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This could be a fun game: "SLAUGHTER JACK THOMPSON!"

-Kill Jack Thompson with 1000's of ways, and every week the game gets updated, and u can get even more tricks to kill him, so u wont be bored for a looong time!

Best answers
This ******* is an... *******. XD

Seriously tho, why doesnt this douchebag drop it... he needs 2 get laid. And if he really cared about the public's interest, then why target gaming? He makes no sense.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He has a point on some level, but he needs to go about in a less confrontational manner.

It's like walking into a golf course with a baseball bat, and saying that Tiger Woods sucks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know that's not even him, FFS...it's just a guy in a suit with the name Jack Thompson...

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6160576.html

"It has today come to my attention that the newly recently [sic] Mortal Kombat: Armageddon contains an unauthorized commercial exploitation of my name, photograph, image, and likeness within the game," Thompson wrote in an e-mail addressed to Midway president and CEO David Zucker and carbon-copied to several news outlets. "You are commanded to cease and desist immediately from the distribution of this game because of this unauthorized, illegal content."
Bold text Thompson's emphasis, underlined mine.

In any case, his panties are now in a twist because he saw a screenshot of a fighter facsimile of him made through Armegeddon's create a fighter feature.

/sigh

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Merged the 2 threads together because its about the same topic at hand.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know, if Jack Thompson wouldn't make such a fuss about it, noone would even bother think about a JT character in MK...

He only makes himself look like an idiot.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Phobius said:
Merged the 2 threads together because its about the same topic at hand.
Wow, that's pretty bad that I didn't see Opti's thread on this matter. Guess that happens when I post dead tired. Thanks for the catch Phobs.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nobody cares anymore. From what I can tell the media got bored of him.

Best answers
**** Jack Thompson.

And that's all I got to say about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom