I WANT YOUR THOUGHTS!

Best answers
After releasing a few tutorials (approx 15,000 unique downloads) on 3d palace I'm planning to release a DVD which you will be able to buy from the website!!! (the other tutorials are still available and FREE Woo!).

Myself and perhaps 2 others (ned some of you may remember) will be working on a mamouth tutorial DVD. The set will feature from the ground up creating a next generation / stylised character and importing them/ it into a games engine. My aim is to cater for several engines and cover spec from q3 - unreal 2004 - half 2.

What I want to know is! what would you like to make if you had the choice?
See the poll and pick one! if theres nothing you'd fancy give me an alternative (be sensible ish!)

Note :- The tutorials are 3d max based although they do lend themselves to other applications. Texturing work is generally done in photoshop 7 / cs2.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So.....it is a modeling tutorial? If it is, I suppose a beast rider (a rider that rides animals?)

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If this is a for profit venture, you're going to have to get permission to show case the programs in the video, I believe. Probably wouldn't be too hard since you're pimping their stuff. Then again, they might not allow it in case they wish to retain exclusive rights to make tuts.

Best answers
KarrdeKNR:- This isn't a problem since 3d palace has commercial max liscences and photoshop, we have pretty good relationships with them. If you check out the community Cris has published over 100 tutorials and has released several huge dvd sets which retail around £25.

Chakra-X :- yes it wud be a rider and an animal :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The majority of character models (or at least the ones I want to learn to make) would be bipedal humanoids, so I picked the first option. Good luck with your tutorials.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Me personally, teh vehicle driver.

With 8ft guns.

And a sword for all those otakus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom